It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

That is what is being discussed.

Who exactly is making the connection between black people and apes? I haven't heard Rosanne make such a connection.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: RowanBean
I got this from 4chan.

>NFL bans kneeling during anthem

Conservatives: private companies can do what they want!!! free speech does NOT mean there won't be consequences!

>Roseanne gets canceled over racist tweet

Conservatives: this is an outrage! the liberal media is trying to ban dissent! liberals hate free speech!

The hypocrisy is astounding.

We’re at a time in history where people can’t see the fault with their own failed politics because they’ve been taught to hate the other side so much.

I don't think you realize the implication of this statement being correct.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
More double standards from the leftist MSM...the ladies on ABC's The View routinely call "right-wing" people disgusting names and bash anybody who doesn't agree with their crazed ideals....But I guess it's OK to call the president a racist, a bigot and liar 10 times per hour, as long as he's a white male. And I guess the SNL "jokes" are OK too...as long as they don't disparage people of color, illegal immigrants or women.

link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

She clearly was calling black ppl apes. If you guys can't see that then you have never been around racist people.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

She basically called black people apes.

That's false. Why would that be your immediate conclusion?

If that is what she meant then the conclusion is pretty clear. Apes have always been used to call the black people.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Rosanne dressed as Hitler cooking gingerbread men in an oven.

But that is Jews...they don't count... didn't you know...

edit on 29-5-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Interesting how that works isn't it?

You cannot just insult some people because they have tribal in-group identities, so you actually end up insulting every other person who also owns that identity unless the in-group in question decides to publicly disavow that individual as a member of the tribal in-group.

I have no doubt that if the groups in question disavowed VJ, then this would quickly become a tempest in a tea pot and no one would care.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

She's black, planet of the apes is about talking apes. Smack my head...

link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yeah, no. Those DNA "check" programs are (in my humble opinion) the largest government-sponsored data phishing operation currently taking place. They're building a database with everyone's DNA in it. Precrime DNA analysis will be next.

Miss me with that crap. I'm fairly certain of my ancestry, it's been documented pretty damn well for the past 700 years. Even if I didn't, no way in hell I'd sign up for one of those swabs.

link   
This double post brought to you by a baby born from the marriage of the Christian Brotherhood and Planet of the fidgety fingered.
edit on 29-5-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

If that is what she meant then the conclusion is pretty clear. Apes have always been used to call the black people.

She said "muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby = vj".

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

She clearly was calling black ppl apes. If you guys can't see that then you have never been around racist people.

Hmmm... that is weird... I read that she was calling all black people jihadist extremist...

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

She's black, planet of the apes is about talking apes. Smack my head...

I'm just asking why you are connecting the two.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

She said "muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby = vj".

Yes. The word apes is in there. And racist people have always called black people monkeys and apes. If she didn't mean that then she should have been more careful but she messed up.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

If she didn't know VJ was black, then, no, she absolutely wasn't. Even if she did know, I don't believe you can make that gigantic leap.

And, btw, there is a young black actress who played Roseanne Conner's granddaughter who is now out of a job.

edit on 5/29/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

And, btw, there is a young black actress who played Roseanne Conner's granddaughter who is now out of a job.

Then she should have known better and be more careful.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Yes. The word apes is in there. And racist people have always called black people monkeys and apes. If she didn't mean that then she should have been more careful but she messed up.

It seems that not only overtly racist people are making the connection between black people and apes.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Anyone remember Don Rickles? Society has changed a lot in the last 40 year. Used to be comedians could offend people (race, religion, etc.) without any backlash. The biggest mistake I see is celebrities using Twitter. Don't they realize there are consequences from off the cuff comments? I'm surprised by people who just take a thought and Tweet it. That goes for my president as well. Sometimes I wish someone would take away his phone so he can't tweet.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Cry me a river. The theory of evolution is also racist, or are we to presume POCs spontaneously materialized sometime following man's decent from the treetops?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: [post=23444235]

Miss me with that crap. I'm fairly certain of my ancestry, it's been documented pretty damn well for the past 700 years. Even if I didn't, no way in hell I'd sign up for one of those swabs.

We all have a little Genghis Khan in us except for aborigines...the little sucker really got around. When they also suggest that humans during the ice age got down to about 10,000 left on the planet and that is why all of us are so damn close in DNA with little variances.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join