It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
I'm just gonna leave this here....

Make of it what you will..

Sure, but I tend to keep in mind white people haven't been denigrated & seen as subhuman for generations with comparisons to primates as a leading example of how they're wild, violent animals unworthy of being treated well. White people have not had to prove, and still be ignored, that they're not subhuman wild primates.

THAT is why primate comparisons for blacks are offensive. Deliberately denigrating comparison is denigrating.

But she isn't black. And her ancestors are more likely to have owned black slaves..

link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I find if refreshing that ABC chose decency over ratings and money. Rare these days.

Decency is very rare. As demonstrated by MANY in this thread so far.

link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: RowanBean
More proof that Trump supporters can be as bad or worse.

Remember that time Obama locked immigrant children in cages? I do.

Because the Internet told you?(yesterday)

No it is because he was the one that started the program to separate families.

Wake up kiddo

Well don't worry, Obama isn't president anymore.

Shhh, he can't hurt you. You're OK.

The only thing i fear is the stupidity of political correctness being weaponized against the other side

please by all means man your couch

link   
So, which Network is going to pick her up?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

HBO? The same channel where it's most popular show, Game of Thrones, involves incest and rape?

Not to mention the same execs responsible for ABC are not responsible for HBO whether or not they're owned by the same group/company.
edit on 08/29/2013 by tate566 because: Meant "company" instead of "couple"

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I find if refreshing that ABC chose decency over ratings and money. Rare these days.

What? We have the decency to allow the offended to speak out for themselves instead of doing it for them, like they are incapable or something.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Nyiah

Nah, we're just compared to devils.

Eh, not really an insult, the devil ain't real. Might as well compared us to mogwai.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Wake up kiddo

The only thing i fear is the stupidity of political correctness being weaponized against the other side

please by all means man your couch

Say what you want about me, but don't you dare talk about my couch.

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Fox.

link   

You guys need to decide which it is you want for business.

When a business decides it wants to operate according to principle but you don't agree with the principle, all of a sudden, you're complaining they aren't all about money.

However, in this case, you're going to laud ABC for operating on principle and not over money?

I'll let you know how many times my neck breaks when my head stops spinning this time.

link   

Take that back Mogwai are real!.
Was the show any good btw? I watched it as a kid but have no memory of it.
edit on 29-5-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Wake up kiddo

Gonna have to consult the refs on that deflection.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

She may get lonely doing the rest of the show by herself...

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Sure, but I tend to keep in mind white people haven't been denigrated & seen as subhuman for generations with comparisons to primates as a leading example of how they're wild, violent animals unworthy of being treated well. White people have not had to prove, and still be ignored, that they're not subhuman wild primates.

THAT is why primate comparisons for blacks are offensive. Deliberately denigrating comparison is denigrating.

But she isn't black. And her ancestors are more likely to have owned black slaves..

As far as I know, yes she is. Her skin tone is not unheard of for blacks, they run the gamut of a tan to jet black, for crying out loud. That's like saying a tanned person can't be Irish because they're not lily white.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

ok but what you point out is senseless and not based in reality

you and your like are perpetuating racism with your grasp on negative history

remember the KING OF THE JUNGLE kid?

he was getting paid to wear clothes and one rapper pdiddyed him and the other long browned him

all cause people were mean to them 30 or 40 yrs ago they felt it necessary to bring forward their own pain and make the youngster live in their regret for being black

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. I didn't think Roseanne's tweet was funny but the hypocrisy is quite amazing. Jimmy Kimmel, Wanda Sykes and Bill Maher have all compared or directly called Trump an orangutan. I don't even have a problem with ABC cancelling the show over it. Problem is, Wanda, Jimmy and Bill didn't receive this kind of blow back.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Nah, we're just compared to devils.

Eh, not really an insult, the devil ain't real. Might as well compared us to mogwai.

But by calling us the devil they make him real and give him a face in their eyes..

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Ok... but what does that have anything to do with this story?

edit on 29-5-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   

Yes, believe it or not she is African-American. Her parents are both American but were living in Iran when VJ was born. They moved out of Iran when she was 4 years old from what I remember.

link   

On one hand I agree with you that ABC did what they had to because public percerption exists as you descrine it.

Again, this is Rosannes fault; period.

But on the other hand, I am sick and tired of these double standards.

Picture of bush as monkey = funny, valerie jarrett = racist.

Trump says make americas great agin = racist, bill clinton said it = ok.

And on and on.

We literally have classes and majors at universities that get state money tecjhing the evils of whiteness or how we need to embrace blackness.

We have people in trumps campaign that are women getting their weight made fubn of, or liken to rape sympathizers. we have black trump supporters accused of selling out their race or being uncle toms.

Trump election was called a "whitelash"

This stuff happens on and on, and not by just low level rando posters like us, but public figures.

And this is deemed ok.

I would not fault a black person for taking offense at this. But why should a white person not be allowed to find the things I listed offensive?

Yet no one cares about that. We get some tripe about historic oppression or some crap, and white people are told to suck it up.

So again, while i blame roseanne for this, I think we all need to be consistent on these types of things; either is acceptable in all situations, or its not.

I chose to not be offended by any of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join