It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe is a bigger enemy to Israel than Islam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I'm sorry but what exactly did you mean by 'the vote' in which the USA abstained? UN Resolution 181 (II) was the one that proposed the partition of Palestine into separate Jewish and Arab states, thereby effectively founding Israel, or at least encouraging. The UK abstained, whilst the USA voted for it.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: DieGloke
I'm ok with our European allies so long as the leaders agree that US and Israeli interests are in their interest.

Could you please clarify :

So are you saying that Europe should ONLY have interests in the USA and Israel or are you saying that Europe should have interests everywhere they choose including the USA and Israel?

Thank you.

Kindest respects

Lags

Nope, not saying anything of the sort. Europe can trade with whomever they want. Whether it pisses me off or not is irrelevant. My dislikes have nothing to do with the OP.

Just remember there are more than a few of us in the U.S. that would see the U.S. stop it's insane subsidy of Europe via NATO and let your bigger population and huge economy defend yourself. This issue with Iran may just end up being the straw that breaks the camel's back, so to speak.

I, for one, would stand up and cheer if Trump exercised that option. So trade with Iran if you want...every sword has two edges...just saying.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

I'm sorry but what exactly did you mean by 'the vote' in which the USA abstained? UN Resolution 181 (II) was the one that proposed the partition of Palestine into separate Jewish and Arab states, thereby effectively founding Israel, or at least encouraging. The UK abstained, whilst the USA voted for it.

The initial U.N. vote that created Israel in the first place, in '48.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

The initial U.N. vote that created Israel in the first place, in '48.

Yes, but I'm pretty sure that was Resolution 181, in 1947. It was a complicated situation, as the British Mandate expired in May 1948 and when the British Army and administration left Jerusalem on May 14th 1948 there was a vacuum, one that was filled by the declaration of the State of Israel on May 15th. If I recall correctly both the USA and the USSR recognised Israel the same day.

link   
The thing is, Europe is still many different states and interests. The problem I am seeing is Germany. I think the German rulers, the real ones not the elected ones, are backdoor dealing with Russia in an attempt to get their prestige back like right before both previous world wars. It is Germany we should be concerned for.

Poland is on board, and is offering 2 billion dollars for a permanent US base, which Russia is issuing threats to Poland for if they carry it out. The real leaders of Britain and France, not the elected ones, are always with us. Like an inseparable group of triplets we are. the Belgium Monarchs and the British Monarchs have not been seeing eye to eye however. The Chinese are involved on both sides trying to stir division.

I think Europe's traitors lie specifically in Germany and Belgium. Norway, Netherlands, Poland, France, Britain, Spain and Italy to an extent are still game with us whatever road we go down. Germany and Belgium however are the ones that are causing this rift and having other states there question our alliance.

We need to figure out what deal the Germans are trying to cut with the Russians, and Belgium with the Chinese. They could be one sided agreements for themselves and end up screwing the rest of Europe as the price for them to gain their former prestige as global powers again. Lets not forget Belgium owned quite a bit of African real estate and resources, and likely still does.

As a warning to the rest of Europe, you should be concerned with Germany and Belgium specifically. Ending the deal with Iran as a given. If Germany sticks to it even though Britain and France will eventually discreetly pull out, we know they have sided with Islamic fanatics and the Russians.

link   

originally posted by: DieGloke
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I get the impression America now hates long term allies like the UK and France because they are not obsessed trump fans.

Its been perfectly OK for the USA to criticize and have negative opinion on EU heads of state over the years, it just " friends having a opinion" but if EU opinion criticize Donald the great then we are now enemy's of the USA and to be hated.....

I think you mistake the dislike. May is more the target than the U.K. is. Macron and Trump get along more than well. Perhaps it's a play on Macron's part to assume a leadership role in the EU. , but Trump and Macron get along famously.
edit on 29-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I'm a little unclear as to whether you believe Europe is an enemy to Jews or Israel. I see the two as very different.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Poland is one European nation I admire. There are others that have given the middle finger salute to the EU, especially on immigration issues, as well.

Yes, Germany, is key, as is Belgium.

Again, though, the thread is European-Israeli based. Not European-U.S..

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I no longer separate Israel and US as two different entities. I think simply being honest about the relationship helps to get alot of the fluff out of the way.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Having a balanced view on what is going on between The Palestinians and Israelis does not make the people of Europe an enemy of Israel.

However people having a blinkered view on what is going on is far more dangerous.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

I'm a little unclear as to whether you believe Europe is an enemy to Jews or Israel. I see the two as very different.

That is a good question. It certainly started as prejudiced against Jews. I suspect, as an initial thought, that due to WWII, it isn't PC to be directly anti-Jewish, at least at the political level. The average European, I just don't know the answer.

I believe that anti-Jewish sentiment has been sublimated(?) into an anti-Israeli stance.I'd say a little of both. The fact that there's still a significant number of Jews leaving Europe for Israel is telling though. At the least, the anti-Israel efforts impacts the Jews still in Europe.

It would be interesting if a Jewish Immigrant from Europe would post with their perspective of it.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Having a balanced view on what is going on between The Palestinians and Israelis does not make the people of Europe an enemy of Israel.

However people having a blinkered view on what is going on is far more dangerous.

Hubris, in my opinion. I could make the same statement about Europe, in general, myself with complete comfort.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I find it very interesting that virtually none of the posters have even touched on the points raised in the OP. One or two exceptions/clarifications, but not one that contests that Europe is the source of the original problem.

Envision, if you will, that Jews were treated in an appropriate fashion, back in the day.

What a different world it would be now.....

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Israel has no issue w Muslims in their country... They already have many working, living and owning businesses there w no problem.....

Their issue is w Hamas and extremists....

I've been to Israel, there is quite the Muslim population, contrary to what media or others would have you believe.

That being said..... I don't agree w the OP

he apparently doesn't know how the state was founded or the history, the borders made, or the fact that indeed it was originally a two state solution.... And the US DID recognize that resolution initialized by Europe

Soooo?
edit on 5/29/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

The Palastine issue has some pretty irate people firing it up on both sides. The regular palastinians and Jewish people could get along if the conflict wasn't constantly being stirred up. You can not use the leaders of a country to judge the majority of it's people most times.

It isn't the Jewish people who constantly bring up the Holocast, the media keeps bringing it up but there are some people up high in the Jewish communities that make sure to keep it in the light. I think to a point that might be necessary because the Jewish people do need a big brother to make sure that it does not happen again.

I knew a dozen people that were Jewish. They were and are nice people. I have nothing against the Jewish people, but they do tend to be salesmen type people. I can deflect their high pressure sales tactics, I grew up having a friend that was Jewish so I learned how his parents worked. I do not know if Jewish people are still into businesses selling stuff as much anymore like back when I was younger. I think Big box stores and restaurants took a lot of them out.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Lol so you knew some Jews who were salesmen so all Jewish people are????

Come on man.....

I know some black friends who play sports but it doesn't mean they all are.....

Some pretty serious stereotypes there my man

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Europe has a few issues with Muslims at the moment it may swing back sooner than later
Are theneuropeans a threat to Israel, not likely
Israel is the greatest weapon in the US military, a US base in the heart of the oil territory's.

I can't remember who said it but it was along the lines of, Israel is the cheapest aircraft carrier in the US fleet

But the reality, Israel is a international trade route, everyone wants control of it
Throw in its a fantastic port and in a perfect place to launch a navy to war, very central globaly
Russia have always wanted a port for their winter fleet, they had their eye on Israel for awhile there

I wonder, if Israel fell, would we see a semblance of peace break out in the Middle East? Probably not.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
Actually Peace in the Middle East could be possible without Israel, because the conflict would move back to Europe. The whole point of creating Israel was to keep the conflicts out of Europe. So it swings one way or the other depending on Israel's existence.

It is a question of survival. Either its the Europeans, or the MidEasters that have to suffer. If you are European, the answer should be obvious. Its pretty obvious to them in the Middle as well, which is why they are trying to shove the conflict back towards Europe by getting rid of Israel.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Israel has no issue w Muslims in their country... They already have many working, living and owning businesses there w no problem.....

Their issue is w Hamas and extremists....

I've been to Israel, there is quite the Muslim population, contrary to what media or others would have you believe.

That being said..... I don't agree w the OP

he apparently doesn't know how the state was founded or the history, the borders made, or the fact that indeed it was originally a two state solution.... And the US DID recognize that resolution initialized by Europe

Soooo?

Sorry you need to check out the original territories given the State of Israel in '48. The U.S. abstained in the original U.N. vote. Go earlier, sir....

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Lol so you knew some Jews who were salesmen so all Jewish people are????

Come on man.....

I know some black friends who play sports but it doesn't mean they all are.....

Some pretty serious stereotypes there my man

The Jewish people have always been involved in trade, not all of them but some predominant people were. I just happened to know ones who owned businesses. Some of the biggest companies years ago were started by the Jewish people in America. Very impressive people. They created a lot of jobs for us working class people.

Almost all the Jewish people in my hometown were involved in businesses or worked for their parents who owned businesses. We have a very small Jewish community up here though, I suppose that does not apply to areas where there are lots of Jews. Nothing wrong with people making jobs for other people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join