It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas is interested in another round of military conflict as dozens of mortars fired into Israel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

If find it telling how many of the anti-Israeli post come from Europeans.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Yes totally true. They killed a few million Jewish people now expect the political correctness / guilt complex imposed on them afterwards to see hundreds of millions of Islamics take over

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JosephKnecht

To be honest, I'm biased on the situation but do try to stay objective and see both points of view. It's a never ending cycle and it goes back to biblical times so it's impossible to point fingers with any accuracy. My personal belief is that the formation of Israel, most importantly how it was formed in 1948, the Palestinians are still upset about the Nakba where they were all displaced just like the Jews in ww2. Those memories don't go away so easy, ask any holocaust survivor. Yes there have been peace processes, if you want to call those fraudulent attempts peace talks with both sides setting impossible stipulations from the get go. Extremists from both sides speak propaganda, perform acts of violence, commit false flags... It's not as simple as you put it...

Obviously this conflict has a long history, but I don't think you have to back to 1948 in every post about this subject. I was interested in a discussion about the most recent events. Specifically, what is Hamas trying to achieve by shelling Israel with dozens of mortars during the last couple of days?

Can you even prove it was Hamas who launches these rockets? I think it's Mossad but I can't prove it.

Mortars were fired from Gaza. Gaza is under Hamas control. No Israeli presence in Gaza. Hamas didn't denied his responsibility.
You can deny anything and everything with black flags and other conspiracies, without any basis, if you wish. But really, it's your cognitive dissonance speaking. Everything you don't agree with has to be Hasbara, I see.

Forgot that being under constant blockade and stuck in an urban cage will cause the opposing side to not like you very much.

Don't like the blockade? Lay down your weapons and start investing the millions you get in international aid in your own population instead of terror infrastructure.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JosephKnecht

Both side are wrong. I wish you had a more objective, logical perception of the actual situation.

You took an important subject and turned it into a sh1t post.

Good job...

Your idea of more logical. Your follow-up with 's**t post' shows zero 'logic' or rebuttal, whatsoever.

It's your post that closer fits that description.

My rebuttal was that both sides are wrong, you may have missed it as it was my every first sentence lol. Go back and read again.

All I see are arm chair supporters of war criminals trying to justify Israel's aggression in one massive circle jerk in complete disregard to the facts.

Carry on...

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44

originally posted by: JosephKnecht

Both side are wrong. I wish you had a more objective, logical perception of the actual situation.

You took an important subject and turned it into a sh1t post.

Good job...

Hi AH what is your take on the issue ? Without killing of the thread.. Me I am with Israel 100% they have bled for their Homeland and will continue to do so.. They have made a garden out of a wastland.
They will always stamp hard on terrorists and as usual collateral damage will happen.
I will await the response..

Lmao. No, They have not.

You basket cases are fun to listen to lol.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
"Hamas is interested in another round of military conflict as dozens of mortars fired into Israel"

Actually it was the Islamic Jihad (= Iranin proxy) which decided to pick a fight today after a couple of their guys got killed by the IDF last week.
Hamas decided to participate (probably to save face as these things go) and so things escalated a bit. But nothing major is going to happen, there were actually some rumors last week about Hamas looking into negotiating a long term cease fire. This probably was Islamic Jihad making clear they wont have any of that.
edit on 29-5-2018 by mightmight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I love how little Hamas cares for it's own citizens. If that wasn't already so blindingly obvious.

The whole World will be shocked if Israel doesn't respond and respond by a factor of 100% or more.

I would contend that Israel cares more about individual Palestinian lives than Hamas does. At least Israel gives warnings before they go off.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

No one was injured in the Tuesday morning incident

Unlike when Israel fires its rockets.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

But they do seem to shoot themselves in the foot often and spread the blame when they know well what will be returned..

One of the rockets fired by terrorist groups from Gaza at southern Israel Tuesday struck equipment that provides electricity to the southern Gaza Strip, knocking out power to thousands, a spokesperson for Israel’s Electric Company said. The damage to three power lines leading to Gaza was preventing the flow of electricity to the the southern areas of the beleaguered coastal enclave, the spokesperson said Tuesday evening, leaving tens of thousands of Gazans with no electricity.

Gaza projectile hits power line, leaves Palestinians in dark t.co... pic.twitter.com/ad5laTNEHV— The Times of Israel (@TimesofIsrael) May 29, 2018

edit on 29 5 2018 by skywatcher44 because: Add a Little..

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

"No one was injured in the Tuesday morning incident"
Unlike when Israel fires its rockets.

This is because most missiles were intercepted by Israel’s rocket defense systems (Iron Dome).
Israel, unlike Hamas, does everything to protect it's people. What ,in your opinion, should be the proper response?
If I would try to kill you with a gun and miss I wouldn't be surprised if you came after me with a gun.
Their incompetence (and Israel's regard for it's citizens) doesen't excuse their intentions and attempts of killing innocent people.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Actually it was the Islamic Jihad

Hamas governs Gaza and is responsible for everything that is going on there.
To differentiate them from Hamas is like differentiating the Marine Corps from the US government.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

That's because most European people love peace and love other people, when you come from a culture of war, hate violence and oppression, being happy and peaceful is strange and confusing....

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
Israel has the right to self defense. Their response should be reasonable and proportional.

So I suppose they should launch random unguided rockets at different location in the strip?

No offense, but this "proportional" argument is so stupid IMO.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech

Actually it was the Islamic Jihad

Hamas governs Gaza and is responsible for everything that is going on there.
To differentiate them from Hamas is like differentiating the Marine Corps from the US government.

Not really. Hamas controls Gaza but they dont control the Islamic Jihad (or the other handful fringe terror groups active there). Dont get me wrong, i dont have a problem with bombing Hamas for not keeping the calm on the border, but you need to differentiate to understand whats happening.
Hamas and the Islamic Jihad have different interest. These days the Islamic Jihad is an Iran proxy. They take their marching orders from Tehran.
Hamas is not a proxy of Iran. Their are kinda allied as far as fighting against Israel, but Hamas is associated with the Muslim Brotherhood which promotes Sunni Islamism. Literally the opposite of the Mullahs in Tehran want.

At this time Hamas doesnt want a war. They actually looking for a long term cease fire to stabilize their rule in Gaza. Tehran on the other hand wants revenge after the Syrian debacle and it looks like the Islamic Jihad was willing to give it a go.

Good article on the subject:
www.timesofisrael.com...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Fair enough. I will read the article. Thank you for the info.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Really? Then where's the 'peace loving' responses to Hamas, Syria or Iran's acts? I say bull! The truth is they've picked a side. No different than the U.S.. Unless, of course, you cede the same reasoning for the U.S.?

More like, i's all about the oil supply....

That's because most European people love peace and love other people, when you come from a culture of war, hate violence and oppression, being happy and peaceful is strange and confusing....

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

What ,in your opinion, should be the proper response?

Stop killing civilians would be a good start closely followed by stop stealing Palestinian land and building settlements.

Israel is by no means blameless and relishes any action by Hamas no matter how futile that action may be.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Stop killing civilians would be a good start closely followed by stop stealing Palestinian land and building settlements.

As a response to the mortar fire on Israel, no civilians were killed, no Palestinian land was stolen and no settlements were built in Gaza. What now? Is this response going to prevent from Hamas lunching additional attacks?

Israel is by no means blameless and relishes any action by Hamas no matter how futile that action may be.

Nobody said Israel is blameless. But what is to be achieved by shelling Israel with mortar fire? Except worsening the situation of the Palestinians?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Over 2000 injured and 58 killed , you expect no response ?
Of course Hamas are going to fire their rockets at Israel , what else can they do.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Hi Gortex--

You wrote :

'Over 2000 injured and 58 killed , you expect no response ? Of course Hamas are going to fire their rockets at Israel, what else can they do?'

UNQUOTE

Remember the old Adage of Dr. Noam Chomsky : 'Yisro'el does not fear the Gun. They do not fear the Tank. They fear only one thing: The Video Camera.'

My advice for the brutally-oppressed & endlessly-tortured Palestinian civilian population in Gaza (and in the Occupied West Bank) would be to concentrate their energies and resources at procuring working video-devices, preferably with night-vision capability. They would thus have far less of any need to 'fire rockets into empty fields over the border'--that is, if it really isn't the Mossad doing all the pointless/harmless rocket-firing.

What has been happening at the Gazan border over the past two months should be seen in all of its gory detail by the entire Gentile world (i.e.by 99.9% of the earth's human population) who must not be allowed to stand idly by while these heinous IDF atrocities continue unabated for so long.

Maybe the Yisro'elis would do well to remember that the (Shemitic) Palestinian population had been forced-converted to Islam in the 8th century, and that the majority of them are descended from persons who were once Judaean 'Israelites'.

Those grossly misinformed and culturally-warped IDF youngsters of non-AshkeNAZI descent are actually killing their own blood-relatives and they don't even know it !

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join