It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These darn ants will not go away

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Really, well they must be mutant ants, keep an eye out for master splinter ..

I can't explain that, it worked at my girlfriends place as well and she had a different type of ants than I had here. How bizarre, oh well I'm sure someone will have an explanation...

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
a reply to: Allaroundyou

It's bad enough having to kill big bitey spiders on my own

I knew it.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

We use food-grade diatomaceous earth and they are gone within 24 hours.

Sal

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
a reply to: mazzroth

Spot the aussie with the use of the term goneski

I'll try to translate....

kill them a lot.

As to not offend...
Can you transplant thy ants by backhoe to the South Atlantic?

I had a similar incident
a couple of years back after they discovered the syrup in the pantry. Try Nuking from orbit😁
edit on 29-5-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
lol....
we set ant traps out in hopes of controlling the ants invading our house...
the mice are stealing the ant traps, guess they are finding the ants in their homes a pain also.

add to the ants and mice, ladybugs, stinkbugs, big fat millipede critters, a wasp queen (??) that keeps sneaking in in the middle of the night, and a few other unidentified critters...
I am wondering if I should invest in a bunch of marigolds to surround the house with or invite some bats to come live in our years.
or chickens...

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Fire and houses generally don't mix too well unless it's in a fireplace. I have read reports of people burning their house down in a poorly-thought out plan to combat some infestation or other. It all started out as a small fire. Just trying to help.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I get those little ant things you stick into the ground and the ants come and eat them and go back and destroy the nests. It works well.

If you take your coffee grounds and throw them near the edge of the house, the ants eat it and go back and die. Coffee grounds I put on the rasberries were the reason we did not have ants in the house for many years. I quit for two years and they were back near the house. I do not know how the grounds work, but they do seem to deter ants from coming in the house somewhat.

You can take borax and sprinkle a little of that around too, that is supposed to work. It seems to help with slugs in the garden and also ants there too. but it might not be good for bees if it is on the plants, only in the soil.

Are you going to fill your little moat with oil and light it up?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine

We use food-grade diatomaceous earth and they are gone within 24 hours.

Sal

This is the best suggestion that has been posted- it just works. Suggested use is to sprinkle the fine powdery substance along areas that the ants use as pathways. I have been known to wastefully leave piles of it on ant freeways, but it still has proven more effective than anything else.

I don't like killing anything so my first attempt to get rid of unwanted ants was to ask them nicely. But, I'm afraid that they either didn't understand my dialect or were going to do what they wanted to do no matter how much effort I put into my get outta here speech.

DIATOMACEOUS EARTH

Diatomaceous earth ( /ˌdaɪ.ətəˌmeɪʃəs ˈɜːrθ/) – also known as D.E., diatomite, or kieselgur/kieselguhr – is a naturally occurring, soft, siliceous sedimentary rock that is easily crumbled into a fine white to off-white powder. It has a particle size ranging from less than 3 μm to more than 1 mm, but typically 10 to 200 μm. Depending on the granularity, this powder can have an abrasive feel, similar to pumice powder, and has a low density as a result of its high porosity. The typical chemical composition of oven-dried diatomaceous earth is 80–90% silica, with 2–4% alumina (attributed mostly to clay minerals) and 0.5–2% iron oxide.[1] Diatomaceous earth consists of fossilized remains of diatoms, a type of hard-shelled protist (chrysophytes). It is used as a filtration aid, mild abrasive in products including metal polishes and toothpaste, mechanical insecticide, absorbent for liquids, matting agent for coatings, reinforcing filler in plastics and rubber, anti-block in plastic films, porous support for chemical catalysts, cat litter, activator in blood clotting studies, a stabilizing component of dynamite, and a thermal insulator.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Liquid Terro comes in a little bottle. Put a little on a piece of cardboard they drink it and take back to there apartment buildings/homes and then die. That's for the inside of your house. Terro also has an outdoor treat for the buggers. It comes in a bag and you sprinkle it over the ant's hill. These products worked for me.

This. Don't have it down where pets can get to it. You have to have the ability to see ants by the hundreds all over the cardboard, but leave them alone because they take the stuff back to the nest and it kills all of them. Just keep refreshing the cardboard with new Terro until no ants show up. At that point, they're gone.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have put a trail of borax around the house and in the crawl space and that seems to work. About an inch or two wife right at the walls and the ground ....give that a shot

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Have you tried Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth around the outside and inside walls? I don't do the outside as it's hard to keep it dry but always use it inside along the floorboards, in certain cupboards.

I don't think there is a one time only complete solution. Maintenance is necessary to keep the critters out... it's a seasonal thing. I've had great success with Diatomaceous Earth routine. If started early enough in the season, I have hardly any ants inside.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I get those little ant things you stick into the ground and the ants come and eat them and go back and destroy the nests. It works well.

If you take your coffee grounds and throw them near the edge of the house, the ants eat it and go back and die. Coffee grounds I put on the rasberries were the reason we did not have ants in the house for many years. I quit for two years and they were back near the house. I do not know how the grounds work, but they do seem to deter ants from coming in the house somewhat.

You can take borax and sprinkle a little of that around too, that is supposed to work. It seems to help with slugs in the garden and also ants there too. but it might not be good for bees if it is on the plants, only in the soil.

I have dug the trenches and Made them somewhat solid using pesticides. I just filled them with water and are currently digging the trench for the wood. While all that is setting I am going to Home Depot. I gotta pick up my back up.
These bastards are going to die today

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I have dug the trenches and Made them somewhat solid using pesticides. I just filled them with water and are currently digging the trench for the wood. While all that is setting I am going to Home Depot. I gotta pick up my back up.

You are making this harder than you have to. Just put something the ants really love to eat over in your neighbors yard.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

You are making this harder than you have to. Just put something the ants really love to eat over in your neighbors yard.

But they have kids. I can not do that to them.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Some guy around these parts burnt his house down trying to get a spider with some fuel and a blow torch. He wasn't going near that spider lol.

As others here have said, diatomacious earth (DE) works. When you put it in their paths, as they walk through it, it will give them loads of tiny cuts. The cuts make them dehydrated and they die. It only works on exoskeletons. Use food grade though, then it's safe for pets, and people.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

That's the stuff ants dreams are made out of.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
the war on ants ... gl some are absolutaly unkillable depends on the kind but if u got the ones that are the size of citys with 100s of queens nothing will work even tho u killed the colony under your house a new queen comes and keeps it going ...

i started puting this stuff out www.homedepot.com...

i put out a little more every time i see them and there gone for months ... but now the beetles have moved in ... just cant win

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I'm thinking overkill...

But it sounds like an interesting way to go about it. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Maybe this will work?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join