It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These darn ants will not go away

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
So I made a thread on getting rid of these little buggers. My attempts have failed sadly.....
But I have a new idea that may actually work. I was laying down earlier thinking about making some charcoal and BAM it hit me. I have the blue prints with the buried lines for plumbing and electrical for my house. I know how deep I can dig without a permit. So tomorrow I am going to dig a 1 inch wide and 5 foot long trench. 5 by 5 on both sides. Then another trench every half foot between those to connects them. After I am going to soak them and make a clay like wall to house water. On top of that I am going place wood in the same pattern and mostly cover it after I soak it in lighter fluid. Then I will light it and create a mini furnace and allow the wood to boil the water and I think that may solve my issue
Do you guys think this may work??? And also I will take pics cause it will be cool either way!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Put it on youtube bro!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Ill have to make a new user name cause my old one has me almost naked playing rock and at a bar super drunk. So ya I will make that happen but NO one is to ever see my old video.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

actually more interested to see this

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Please tell me you are talking about my plan to rid myself of the ants and not the super drunk dude on stage at a bar.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I guess it will work till they repopulate, I got rid of my ant problem using borax.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

How exactly did you do so? And was is it a red ant population you got rid of?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

super drunk dude on stage at a bar please and thanks

I don't like watching death.

It's bad enough having to kill big bitey spiders on my own

Have you no found a frequency the ants don't like? Or have some sort light vibrations to deter them without affecting the house?

Have you adopted an anteater?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Umm no actually and that is not something I have thought of. And as far as the Anteater goes I have too many animals. Plus my turtle would be upset with that one I am sure.
Tomorrow I will look into the high frequency thing and see if I could use that instead. My only issue with that is my neighbors with kids. I do not want them to have to deal with these pesky bastards.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Oh and NO you can never that video even though it is funny.
But I will tell you a secret, I fell off stage and knocked my self out

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

This sounds dangerous to me.

I recall your first thread. I suggested Amdro, which has always worked for us. The ants take the bait into the nest and kills the entire colony. If you tried it, and it didn't work, then I'm at a loss for you. But if you didn't try it, again, I highly recommend it... especially before resorting to something as volatile and risky as lighter fluid and fire...

Good luck.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Ok so after looking this up I think I will go get some tomorrow. Not the liquid one though. I need a permanent solution and I think the powder/chunk form will work nicely.
Thank you

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

They were black ants but I believe it will kill all types of ants.

Mix borax with a fine sugar like Caster sugar and mix a small amount of water to make a paste so it mixes the sugar well with borax particles, then just leave it in a container where the ants are traveling. If you have other animals that could eat the mixture put it in a container with a lid and put holes in the container.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

You're welcome. And I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed that it works for you. I was a little worried about you and your plan (though I understand why you'd go to such lengths!).

And for what it's worth, we've always used the powder form. I didn't even know they made a liquid form!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I hear ya, this was the worst ever season for ants ever at my place, so I went thermo nuclear on them. I literally had pavers sinking and every room inside had them at the taps, in the sinks and in the cupboards and tried everything but in the end only one thing would quiet them down...Amdro which has to be the most expensive Ant Poison at 75AUD for 170 grams. Sprinkle that stuff around your entire yard and wait 3 days.....goneski. 3 Weeks later and I haven't seen an Ant anywhere.
edit on 29-5-2018 by mazzroth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Spot the aussie with the use of the term goneski

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
So I made a thread on getting rid of these little buggers. My attempts have failed sadly.....
But I have a new idea that may actually work. I was laying down earlier thinking about making some charcoal and BAM it hit me. I have the blue prints with the buried lines for plumbing and electrical for my house. I know how deep I can dig without a permit. So tomorrow I am going to dig a 1 inch wide and 5 foot long trench. 5 by 5 on both sides. Then another trench every half foot between those to connects them. After I am going to soak them and make a clay like wall to house water. On top of that I am going place wood in the same pattern and mostly cover it after I soak it in lighter fluid. Then I will light it and create a mini furnace and allow the wood to boil the water and I think that may solve my issue
Do you guys think this may work??? And also I will take pics cause it will be cool either way!

Try ground up cinnamon. It works.

I'm an exterminator.
edit on 29-5-2018 by Knightshadowz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Good Lord thats a LOT of work!!!

Glad to see you're open to trying the Amdro. Currently I got something similar from a extermination company for the ants here, cross your fingers!!!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Liquid Terro comes in a little bottle. Put a little on a piece of cardboard they drink it and take back to there apartment buildings/homes and then die. That's for the inside of your house. Terro also has an outdoor treat for the buggers. It comes in a bag and you sprinkle it over the ant's hill. These products worked for me.

edit on 29-5-2018 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I guess it will work till they repopulate, I got rid of my ant problem using borax.

Lucky you. I put down borax, and the damn ants ATE IT. Straight borax.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join