It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mega plate, bah, humbugs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Ok so
There was this experiment, the mega plate
Some bacteria was added to agar on a mega plate, antibiotics were also added in sections and left
The bacteria started to grow where there was no antibiotics, not where there was
Over time the bacteria started to grow where the antibiotics was positioned
Wa-la, magic, evolution or slight of hand or just nature

Does anybody get a flue shot?
See the flue shot doesn't kill the flue bacteria, it being the flue still attacks the immune system.
The flue shot prepares the body to tackle the virus by preparing it, by introducing a weakened version of the flue into the body. The weakened virus is quickly overwhelmed and the body is then prepared for the real thing when it attacks the body in future
Isn't science and medicine great.
I don't know why some people hate, live in fear of science, but they do
So what happens is a real vibrant flue strain is grown, genetically engineered to be weaker and introduced into the body, the body attacks the weakend flue strain and is prepared for future attacks, cool?

So like the flue shot, of an engineered weakend flue virus, the bacteria didn't evolve, it was attacked by the antibiotics and became a weaker version of the bacteria
The bacteria lost genetic information, was weakend, became susceptible to other attacks, but obviously wasn't attacked by anything else in a controlled environment

So, is becoming weaker, losing genetic information, is that really evolution?
There is no such thing as de-evolution, but should there be

Genetically engineering something to be weaker and more susceptible to being destroyed I would think is de-evolving it

Anyway, the experiment some say proves evolution
m.youtube.com...

For mine, proves de-evolution

Let's tear it up, gotta be 24 pages worth of bleating evolutionists
edit on 29-5-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I have no idea what point you're trying to convey with that incoherent mess, but the word is spelled flu.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

I have no idea what point you're trying to convey with that incoherent mess, but the word is spelled flu.

Good call my bad...
I did try to dumb it down, maybe not enough

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

See the flue shot doesn't kill the flue bacteria

Flu (as in influenza) is a virus, not a bacteria. Also, that's not really what vaccines do..

I didn't want to read the rest.

Edit: I did read the rest and have nothing to say.

edit on 29-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Flu (as in influenza) is a virus, not a bacteria. Also, that's not really what vaccinations do..

It's a metaphor an analogy, it's never going to be perfect
That's the nature of metaphors and analogies

Anyway, here is a link to live science
www.livescience.com...

It's called "how do vaccines work"

Enjoy the read

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Well done sir...

link   

Oh is this supposed be an analogy for why evolution is BS? No wonder I was confused.

I'll see myself out.

edit on 29-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

link   
Are you STILL trying to deconstruct evolution with your unexplained definition of "de-volution" and your "losing of genetic information"?

Are you that dense that you did not learn from your past threads about this?

Yeah, I am done and out of here, because you will not comment critics to your idea, you will not accept different ideas and you will belittle posters with the just mentioned contents in their postings.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

the bacteria didn't evolve, it was attacked by the antibiotics and became a weaker version of the bacteria
The bacteria lost genetic information, was weakend, became susceptible to other attacks, but obviously wasn't attacked by anything else in a controlled environment

Oh you definitely dumbed it down... and got the entire experiment backwards

did you actually WATCH the video... ever?

Where was the bacteria weakened?

please point that part out for the class

edit on 29-5-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I believe that's how the flu vaccine works. They breed a modified version of the flu virus, that still has the protein coating, but without certain genes of the actual RNA flu virus inside. These are enough to create an immune response but not to have the virus replicate inside the body. Trouble is, they don't always get the right set of flu viruses to protect against, and those patients still have a live flu virus in them, so they have to stay away from people with a compromised immune system (states clearly in the information leaflet).

But is there the potential that those flu viruses could mutate while in someone's blood stream?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

said flu virus in vaccines are dead... they're injected so the body already recognizes the virus and knows how to attack it... but people still can actually get sick from the inoculation because they're system is compromised by the body attacking the dead virus...

problem is they only use the most common flu strains found in an area... which doesn't help against uncommon strains

And theres hundreds of strains in the public at any time... IF not thousands...

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Stating that bacteria lost genetic information isn’t remotely similar to demonstrating that it actually happened. Please explain what genetic information was lost. Which genes were changed? What did they code for before the experiment and what did the same genes code for after the experiment. Obviously you know this and can support it with citations or else you wouldn’t make the claim. This is your shot buddy💥 Teach us what you know about evolution and then explain how you define de-evolution since it isn’t a word or concept that exists in biology or in this case, microbiology. It’s your own entity so you need to actually define the concepts you are presenting as fact.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I will be using the Oxford academic journal.....in time

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Thank God

We should link your other threads to this one...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

1 - its the influenza VIRUS

2 - no one [ except idiots ] claims that vaccines kill pathogens

your scientific illiteracy is mind boggling - why do you repeatedly post such threads ?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

He is a brave man... I will have to flag this thread

We wait in reverence

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Smoke and drink more.

You yoghurt quinoa kale eating mofos are walking dead.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Thanks Pete, a real reply
It is my intention to lay the bait first, then wrap it up

As for de-evolution, I asked a question then said I believed that when certain genetic information is destroyed, we see de-evolution happening

You are not required to believe or accept that as fact, just sharing my opinion....

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Exactly where does the bacteria lose genetic information? Also, not sure that genetic detoxification processes in vaccines reduced the genetic material of a virus.

If you are looking at the rapid evolution of bacteria, look no further than the fight between bacteria and antibiotics. But, please don't let this go the way as your last thread on evolution i.e. nowhere!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join