It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: Faint Memory Of A Highly Advanced Prehistoric Civilization?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LitriumGem

What he is talking about happened...but not here.

It happened somewhere in a galaxy far far away......

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

You should also read "The Golden Bough" Frazer 1890, its a study of comparative religion and mythology.
And there is avery good paper by W. Masse on the link between mythology and extreme natural events such as volcanos and celestial impact events or comets.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

I will add those to me ever growing list of things to check out.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10
a reply to: chelsdh

You should also read "The Golden Bough" Frazer 1890, its a study of comparative religion and mythology.
And there is avery good paper by W. Masse on the link between mythology and extreme natural events such as volcanos and celestial impact events or comets.

Golden Bough is excellent... but in sad need of updating.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

thanks!

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
All I will say is, we weren't around so we don't know and we cannot say for definite. 200 million years from now, the Earth will still be here [I hope] and the peoples of that time will probably be speculating on ancient civilizations that once existed before theirs.

Of course, our technology and methods of architecture will have long since eroded away and become part of the dust once more. The Pyramids will probably still be standing.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
All I will say is, we weren't around so we don't know and we cannot say for definite. 200 million years from now, the Earth will still be here [I hope] and the peoples of that time will probably be speculating on ancient civilizations that once existed before theirs.

Of course, our technology and methods of architecture will have long since eroded away and become part of the dust once more. The Pyramids will probably still be standing.

If we are doomed to destroy ourselves, then we face the question of whether this is a cycle, or a once-off.

If it's a cycle, then probably it has happened before.

If it's a once-off, then well............ that just seems like a sad waste of a biologically habitable planet. To exist for hundreds of millions of years as a host to animal life, and then they blow themselves up in the course of about 200,000 years (if you count the whole history of sapiens). Or 10,000 to 13,000 years (if you count civilization).

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
If there was a nuclear war on that scale 130 million years ago would we be not be able to detect it in a geological layer? A layer of radioactive elements or at least a darkened sooty layer of ash such as with some asteroid impacts? This is a genuine question not a masked statement, I don't know for sure.

Scientists say that we began what is called the Anthropocene Epoch/Era/Period in about 1950 due to the marked and detectable global scattering of radioactive elements since we began testing nuclear bombs (and also to a lesser extent our increased use of plastic).

By "radiactive elements" I assume you mean nuclear byproducts? Out of place elements that get left over when Uranium atoms split chaotically into random smaller elements?

We'd probably only find it if we were looking.

It's true that even an event as small as the Fukushima melt down can leave traces all the way in America. But they're just traces.

Even in a full scale nuclear war, the sum total of all fissionable material that got reacted would only be maybe a couple of tons.

By putting this story 30 million years back, they've isolated it sufficiently from scrutiny to let the nuclear war part go. The part about humans even existing on the other hand...........

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join