It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The crisis no one talks about

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
We put our men in prisons and war zones. Then wonder why our homes are falling apart.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I've been divorced.
3 sons divorced their first wives (all of who insisted on getting married)
All 3 got the short end of the stick in divorce court.
I agree with the OP, women hold the power in society.
We even destroyed the Boy Scouts so girls could be included.
What started with good intentions has gone far beyond it's useful ideals.
It's now destroying the very society they depend on.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
We put our men in prisons and war zones. Then wonder why our homes are falling apart.

That's disingenuous. We haven't had mandatory military service in what, 45 years? So if we're "putting our men in war zones", it's literally because those males signed up to join the military so they're going because of their own actions. And women join the military too now, so that further refutes the point.

As for the prison aspect of your comment: 1) there are also female prisons so we also "put our women in prisons", and 2) males overwhelmingly commit more crimes than females do. So once again, the vast majority of males that we're "putting in prisons" are going because of their own actions.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

On mobile. So im giving you bullet points

- people join the military while young and naive
- statistically, more men are in jail by a long shot
- its easy to end up in jail when your otherwise legal behavoir is criminalized and when your neighborhood is patrolled more. Meanwhile, rapists are let out of prison to live in the same low income housing that all those single moms live in
- i doubt many volunteering for military service really understand what they volunteered for.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88
I agree, I have seen seen it up close. My son was divorced, fought for and gained custody of my grand daughters. It would have never happened if his ex wasn’t continually in trouble for drugs. The court is stacked if favor of the mother regardless of the facts. This is hard on everyone, the kids seem to be handed to the mom and the dad is typically punished with complete monetary loss.

I had another male friend facing divorce. Rather than go through the indignity of complete loss of everything, including his kids, one night he simply took a handful of pills washed them down with vodka and went to sleep. He saw a no win future for his self.

Now let’s get to the kids: my son remarried, twice. New wife had boys both times. The boys, raised by a single mother, were very mommy oriented. To the point of extremism. Many years later, after exposure to men in their lives seem to be adjusting. Will they grow up to be pussys? That remains to be seen.

Obviously the best environment to raise children would be a balanced family with both parents present, but that doesn’t seem to be the norm.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
A woman can raise a boy to be an adult male, but only a man can raise a man. Women simply aren't equipped to teach manhood. Conversely, a man cannot teach a girl how to be a woman.

Destruction of the family unit via incarceration of fathers, coercion of women into being a second wage earner, creation of a "sugar daddy" type government program so that fathers aren't needed to raise children, and feminization/damnation of young males got us here. I don't know if we can get back.

Men and women are not equal, that's a fact. Each gender does some things better than the other, with some outliers of course. Instead of attempting to force equality by bringing one side down, maybe another path should be examined.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
A lot of opinions, there.

I will say that divorce CAN be negative for all involved but you leave out one very important issue-physical, emotional, and mental abuse that makes many women flee-many times to protect their children. (It happens to men also but to a much lesser extent.)

That's the real issue still not being talked about to the point of change in male behavior.

A boy without an involved father is just as sad as a daughter without a father-same as the loss of a mother (which occurs much less.]

Divorce continues to increase as support for women increases. It's most sad when the father, once he loses control, decides to walk away from his children.
You forgot the main reason women leave.

Hypergamy.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Transapocalypse. Funded by Soros and other billionaires. Why?

Because family has gone to hell, or to make family go to hell even more?

Kids started on hormones puberty blockers body modification from early primary school.

All women shortlist in Labour Party taken up by shemales.

Just a rant. I think it’s part of the problem or the next step in the plan. The kids so focussed on sex - oh I’m aromatic, I like sex but don’t feel romantic feelings. I’m a trans woman with a penis married to a woman so I’m a lesbian. Oh look a trans man is pregnant wow men can get pregnant.

So we are all going to be ok with a pointless existence, #ing anything and everything, drugged up on hormones, changing sex, body modification, virtual reality, sit around on the IoT getting fat and perverted.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
So people are finally acknowledging that broken homes can have detrimental effects on the children in those households? Took long enough.

Though I disagree on the anti-feminist angle.

Feminists started us down that path with the idea of women needing a man like a fish needs a bicycle. The implication being that women can do it all and men are completely extraneous. The original aim may have been to ween women away from the idea that the only life path for a woman to be fulfilled was marriage and motherhood but it branched out to where women didn't need a man for anything at all, including raising a family.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Feminists have not solved all the problems they set out to solve, as per the OPs link.

Feminists have succeeded in getting some parity with men in the developed world. Many feminists have become distracted by niche pursuits like fighting over "trans", and safe-spaces in universities etc...

In the developed world people who support women's rights need to focus on societal equality in the workplace, especially around pay. People who brand themselves as "feminists" as a stamp to push niche causes need to stop tarring the brand. For example, in the UK at the moment the Prime Minister - a woman - is being challenged that to be a true feminist you should promote abortion rights. That's simply not true and bringing in a niche distraction.

In the undeveloped world there is so much to do. Many cultures treat women and girls in the most terrible ways. Feminists need to work for change in these cultures and not get distracted by political correctness that says "brown people should have different standards".

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

For the record, there are many different forms of feminism and many different feminist ideologies (here's a quick primer for you). And to add to that, there are also regional feminist movements that already work on the issues that affect the women in their regions, such as the Islamic feminist movements in various Muslim communities.

So it's not credible to keep portraying "feminism" as a single ideology that needs to focus on A, B, or C. Practitioners of each different feminist ideology will have their own priorities, and their actions will reflect that.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Which branch of feminists pushed that? You're lumping them all together just like Paraphi was, which is an error.

Or are we supposed to ignore the feminists that simply don't want to be servants to their husbands? Or the feminists who want to be able to seek employment, even if that means that they don't settle down and have kids? Or the feminists who fought to be able to work in higher paying, traditionally "male" occupations, and thus now earn more money than their husbands/boyfriends?

There are even feminists who believe that women should be free to be just as promiscuous as males and that women should receive the same lack of social condemnation for their sexual exploits as males receive. And there are other feminists that take that idea even further by proposing that sex work is just another form of labor and that sex workers should have equal labor rights as the rest of the labor pool. Don't they completely obliterate your argument?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Mainstream feminism in the developed world is concerned with wider issues of equality and not niche issues, which tend to involve activists who just so happen to be women. These people conflate the two and this impacts wider women's rights as it distracts and belittles from higher goals.

Must be "fun" being an feminist/woman's rights campaigner in some Islamic regions, especially those who treat women and girls in the way they do e.g. Pakistan, Iran, Egypt etc. I only mention that because you specifically mentioned "Islamic feminist movements", but parts of Africa, China, India also have serious problems with women's inequality.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Are we also supposed to ignore the feminists who denigrate and demean women who do make the choice to settle down and have children, whose desire is to be mothers first and foremost, who are perfectly happy setting aside the ambition of career in order to mostly be at home raising children?

It happens and far too often, so much so that society as a whole now devalues the young woman who actually does want to have no further ambition than to be wife and mother.

If that if your choice, people look at you like there is something wrong with you. Feminists did that.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

On mobile. So im giving you bullet points

That's fine.

people join the military while young and naive

True, but that doesn't refute the points that they do it voluntarily (and receive pay for it) and that females also join the military.

- statistically, more men are in jail by a long shot

Yeah, because more men commit crimes by a long shot lol. Generally the only crimes that women commit more frequently than men are child abuse by a slim margin and shoplifting. Check out any law enforcement stats any you'll see that men commit virtually every crime far more than females do.

- its easy to end up in jail when your otherwise legal behavoir is criminalized and when your neighborhood is patrolled more.

1) Those laws effect women too., though.
2) Us minorities have been dealing with this point from the beginning. So why is this only a concern now?

Meanwhile, rapists are let out of prison to live in the same low income housing that all those single moms live in

Ummm, isn't this just helping my argument?

i doubt many volunteering for military service really understand what they volunteered for.

1) This applies to female enlistees, too, right?

2) But if this is meant to reinforce the argument that males are marginalized, then think about what you're saying. From that perspective, you would be implying that 18 year males are more naive then 18 year old females because those naive recruits don't know what they're getting themselves into when they enlist in higher numbers.

But personally, I think they do know what they're signing up for. Or at least to a large extent they do. Some come from areas with low employment opportunities, so joining the military helps with that. Some want to travel the world and learn a trade, so joining the military helps with that. Some are fascinated with guns, advanced weapons systems, learning to fly, etc, so joining the military clearly helps with that. And then there are also others who intentionally join the military because they want to learn how to kill, wanted revenge for 9/11, believe that they're protecting America by fighting in wars overseas, etc. Joining the military clearly helps with those. There are also recruits who grew up in military families, so I'd guess that they understand what they're getting themselves into even more than the rest do.

Either way, my original point is that the vast majority of people that we send to prison or war are going directly because of their own choices. If we're really supposed to believe in personal responsibility, then why are these dudes getting a pass on that?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Which feminists? You keep lumping them all together, which is ridiculous. I even provided a link above that breaks down most of the different branches of feminism to get the point across.

There's an entire branch of feminism called "radical feminism" and they're typically the ones you're complaining about. But they have absolutely nothing to do with the feminists that I mentioned in my previous post to you. Yet your posts and this thread in general don't seem to differentiate between them.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Honestly, it's no different than facing the chauvinists & misogynists here. If anything, Islamic feminists remind me of Dr MLK's approach against the oppression of his time. People tend to overlook this now, but his organization was the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, he was a practicing Reverend, and he frequently used biblical scriptures to back his arguments against the oppression they faced. Well, many of the Islamic feminists simply use Islamic scripture and traditions to argue against the oppression & inequality they face. It's pretty nice to watch.

Oh & for the record, Pakistan has already had female Heads of State, which is something that the US still hasn't done. And there's an entire branch of feminism lazily called "3rd World feminism" which has subgroups that focus on women's rights issues in those specific countries/regions. However, they have completely different social issues, norms, and obstacles, which is often why it doesn't make sense for us in the West to tell them they should focus on A, B, and C when D, E, and F may be their actual priorities.
edit on 29-5-2018 by enlightenedservant because: typos!!! grrrr!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

True, but that doesn't refute the points that they do it voluntarily (and receive pay for it) and that females also join the military.

That is exactly what it does.

Many join up because they are pressured into it. Many do it because of dishonest recruiters. Many do it because of court order. I know quite a few vets from recent wars, and quite a few wish they'd have made different decisions in that regard.

That aside...their voluntary nature has nothing to do with my greater point: while the fathers are away in war zones, their families are at home without them. That relates directly to the OP, and the numbers we are talking are rather vast.

Yeah, because more men commit crimes by a long shot lol. Generally the only crimes that women commit more frequently than men are child abuse by a slim margin and shoplifting. Check out any law enforcement stats any you'll see that men commit virtually every crime far more than females do.

Yet when you actually do an apples to apples comparison, you find that when committing the exact same crime, men are sentences far more harshly:

This paper assesses gender disparities in federal criminal cases. It finds large gender gaps favoring women throughout the sentence length distribution (averaging over 60%), conditional on arrest offense, criminal history, and other pre-charge observables. Female arrestees are also significantly likelier to avoid charges and convictions entirely, and twice as likely to avoid incarceration if convicted.

I'd hazard a guess that, based on how it shakes out on the differences in race and law, that the laws are written to more frequently target men. Black men, actually, as the imprisonment stats seem to show.

1) Those laws effect women too., though.
2) Us minorities have been dealing with this point from the beginning. So why is this only a concern now?

You in one breath dismiss my point...then admit to living through its actual validity? Who are your debating with?

Anyway, see my prior point above regarding sentencing differences by gender.

Ummm, isn't this just helping my argument?

If it is, then why are your arguing with me? My point is that without a second bread winner in the house, single moms are left to try to keep their unguided male children out of gangs while keeping all their kids from being molested.

1) This applies to female enlistees, too, right?

Sure...but are there are many females in the military? What is your point here? Im speaking to statistics, and equating men in war zones with empty lazy boys in a childs home each night. Are there enough female enlistees to create an additional empty spot on the couch, too?

2) But if this is meant to reinforce the argument that males are marginalized, then think about what you're saying. From that perspective, you would be implying that 18 year males are more naive then 18 year old females because those naive recruits don't know what they're getting themselves into when they enlist in higher numbers.

18 year olds without guidance will tend to be less informed. Yes. This is my argument.

Single parent households are at an all time high. Thus, we have quite a few youths lacking in guidance. Is this a surprise?

Im sure there are quite a few vets who recommend the military. I don't know many myself, though. My nephew was most recently talked out of enlisting after his father and him had a heart to heart. But he hears his father waking up screaming from night terrors caused by his PTSD, so its not like it was a hard choice for him to make.

But personally, I think they do know what they're signing up for. Or at least to a large extent they do. Some come from areas with low employment opportunities, so joining the military helps with that. Some want to travel the world and learn a trade, so joining the military helps with that. Some are fascinated with guns, advanced weapons systems, learning to fly, etc, so joining the military clearly helps with that. And then there are also others who intentionally join the military because they want to learn how to kill, wanted revenge for 9/11, believe that they're protecting America by fighting in wars overseas, etc. Joining the military clearly helps with those. There are also recruits who grew up in military families, so I'd guess that they understand what they're getting themselves into even more than the rest do.

Either way, my original point is that the vast majority of people that we send to prison or war are going directly because of their own choices. If we're really supposed to believe in personal responsibility, then why are these dudes getting a pass on that?

Not giving them a pass. Pointing out that our government manipulates and exploits us. If they didn't, why can't vets get decent information to help treat their mystery diseases? Why do we have so many instances of soldiers being dosed with agents without their knowledge or consent?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Oh & for the record, Pakistan has already had female Heads of State, which is something that the US still hasn't done.
She was assassinated, for the record. Allegedly by the Pakistani Taliban, and we know what the Taliban think of women.

However, they have completely different social issues, norms, and obstacles, which is often why it doesn't make sense for us in the West to tell them they should focus on A, B, and C when D, E, and F may be their actual priorities.

Agreed, but it's an apologist who thinks that women and girls should be deprived basic rights because their (male) society dictates. When it comes to human and woman's rights we should not hesitate to tell these countries that their societal norms are backward.

The World Economic Forum's Global Gender Gap report puts nine out the top ten WORST nation as being Muslim nations.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Men comit more crimes then women ??? LOLOL now that is funny .
NO women get charged less and off easer .

A men has sex witha 14 year old he goes in for 20 a women has sex with a 14 year old every one cheers for the dude .
Now a days more then Half the cases of underage sex from teacher is women in the news and yet out of all only one I know of who even got time .

Right women are so much less into crime . lol

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join