It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube advertisement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Wow. I just put a pbs show on for my kids that I found on YouTube, then stupidly went out of the room to get some food. I could hear the advertisement, it was just talking about a girl who collected things. As I listened, there was absolutely nothing that would freak me out. When I got back into the room I glanced at the TV and saw a super creepy adolescent girl with evil eyes staring at a person being burned alive! Then as I fumbled to turn off the TV, and cover their eyes, An old woman came in to the scene struggling with the girl in a very violent way. Then they started screaming, and I had to start making loud noises such as Lala la to drown out the horrible noises that came at the end.
Why do you think YouTube advertises horror movies on children’s shows? How does this company get away with all of the well documented creepy activity?
I guess it’s true what they say about tv... that you shouldn’t watch it, but this seems to be beyond careless advertisement choices, and instead a malicious attack on innocence.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: apydomis

So don't watch it.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
They have already seen worse. That you have electronic anything with a search engine means they have. Sorry .

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Have you seen what passes for kids shows on YouTube?

It's no surprise their moral compass when it comes to appropriate advertising is in the dumpster.
edit on 28-5-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

It states in YouTubes T&C that their platform is for 13 and up.
They have a kids app for kids.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Coming from the same internet site that will now force you to watch what they want- it does seem to be par for the course.

Get Adblock for Youtube. ESPECIALLY for these sort of moments.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I keep getting ads for schizophrenia meds and the occasional fast food in Espanol!

I'm completely serious..schizo meds.

edit on 28-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
We watch this PBS show called Arthur. We watched quite a few of them. As far as the weird garbage like daddy finger, or the other stuff like it with spider man or monster trucks- I don’t allow them to watch it.
And the point of my rent is that they side blinded me on a PBS cartoon with an advertisement for a horror movie. When people say stupid crap like don’t watch it then – that’s like saying don’t walk down the street after you get mugged. I wasn’t expecting to get mugged that day.a reply to: MisterSpock

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Yeah I guess 13-year-olds like to watch children shows for 3 to 5-year-olds, and then taking a few advertisements for horse shows. That makes sense. Good business sense, and just great all around educational sense.a reply to: Atsbhct

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Arthur is one of greatest shows ever

As an adult I can still appreciate it.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis
We watch this PBS show called Arthur. We watched quite a few of them. As far as the weird garbage like daddy finger, or the other stuff like it with spider man or monster trucks- I don’t allow them to watch it.
And the point of my rent is that they side blinded me on a PBS cartoon with an advertisement for a horror movie. When people say stupid crap like don’t watch it then – that’s like saying don’t walk down the street after you get mugged. I wasn’t expecting to get mugged that day.a reply to: MisterSpock

Contact PBS and let them know...

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
YouTube is a Google company so you know they have no moral compass. Hopefully the new competitor real.video will take them down.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Hold on a second there, professor. Force?

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I agree with you. I do allow them the YouTube. I stick to fgtv. Funny gamer family been on since forever. I have not noticed any of those horror movie commercials.

I also enjoy plush time wins myself actually. A nice young couple explore video arcades for prizes. Great datenight stuff if your stuck indoors with a sick relative or pet. Innocent and Fun , even if a bit corny.

Nerf wars adds N element of excitement and humor too.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This is what Adblock is for. Although I switched to uBlock Origin when YT ads started slipping through.

Between Adblock & then switching to uBlock, kids have never seen a single ad online, I'm on top of it like white on rice. Keep the block lists regularly updated, and you're good to go. It's called being proactive, and there's no excuse not to be in the digital era.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
a reply to: wylekat

Hold on a second there, professor. Force?

Yup. FORCE. My Youtube is no politics, news, or sports. Youtube has done everything short of send a suit to my house to *make* me watch that crap. My feed is scrambled, if I look at one, ONE random vid which might pique my interest, I am suddenly inundated with everything even vaguely related to that vid. And when I say vaguely... oh... boy. If a title has 'the' in it, I am swamped with every last video with 'the' in the title. I watched some random thing, and I suddenly had CNN, CSPAN, ABC, and FOX feeds dumped into my feed- mostly because I was going to 'see every view, and every opinion', whether I wanted to or not.

Forced is when what you have put together by deleting out a wide range of garbage, and get some nice quality stuff so you can sit down with a snack, flick down a tad, and find something fun to watch- only to have years of work go right down the turlet with a loud FLUSH. When a random video about a cell phone review becomes a political slugfest because you happened to click on it, because you're curious about the *phone*, and the next 5 slots are filled with news, political discourse, financial briefs, and bullshplip. Hell- some of this stuff has me squinting at the screen and wondering *what* I watched to even get whatever really weird, random thing that Youtube has shoved on there. I have spent the last few days actually saying "How the hell did I end up with THIS???" after seeing the drek youtube has spat me.

So yeah. Forced. Instead of letting me have the nice, slightly bland Youtube feed I have had for the past 5 years, I am now presented with a backed up sewer of political nonsense, random stuff you couldn't pay me to watch, just... utter crap, weird conspiracy stuff that makes the shadowy corners of this site look like Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, and other slop I now have to bail out on a regular basis.

BTW- call me professor, get a lecture. So nyah.

edit on 28-5-2018 by wylekat because: I forgot to poke the thing.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I keep getting ads for schizophrenia meds and the occasional fast food in Espanol!

I'm completely serious..schizo meds.

Oh that's a right laugh there!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Glad to be of service M'lady

(pssst do.not.listen.to.timely)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

I am watching a live feed of a feral caternity ward - wholesome

Only advert I had was for a travel website