It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A $tar Wars $tory

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Critics be criticizing critics over being critical. crumbs

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I will wait to see it on redbox or HBO.

After TLJ, I am done giving them money for trash.
edit on 28-5-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Critics be criticizing critics over being critical. crumbs

Critics all the way down

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
SJWars?

Meh.

I'll pass until they bring back Star Wars and leave the SJ crap out.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Not really interested.

What are they supposed to do?

They can't really do anything revolutionary with it or else they mess up story that is already legend to fans. They can't mess with the characters or build them too much because we already know them from stories that are already legend.

So the actors can't really own their characters in the pivotal roles. They can only play already established roles as best they can. The plot can't add too much, or it risks changing already established canon with retcons that will mess up the franchise.

And how many people were really asking to see how Han Solo became Han Solo?

I'll bet there was more demand for the Boba Fett movie they canned.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
They want to produce Star Wars universe films, fine, I've no problem with that. How is it though, these allegedly talented producers completely ignore the endless oceans of material, stories, and characters already ensconced within the true canon, couple weeks of the old republic on PC should be more than enough inspiration to produce amazing movies. But no, these idiots keep reaching down into the well of "recognized characters", they have no clue what folks really want, or what would really receive accolades......crying shame.....

edit on 28 5 2018 by Artlogic because: Typo

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
It can't be as bad as the Jar Jar movie thats coming out next.
I hear its all about Jar Jar and his home planet, when he was a kid. No humans, all Jar Jar people.

Jar Jar Origin, A Star Wars Story. Can't wait to not watch it, ever.

Consider this. Phantom Menace and Jar Jar are about 20 years old now and people still talk about it or mention it.

No one will be talking about Last Jedi or Solo 20 years from now.

Cmon dont be so hard on Las Jedi.

I mean they actually achieved gravity in space! Those bombs "falling out of" the bombers over that ultra super mega jumbo star destroyer, at the beginning, tell me that didnt look good.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The fact that they kept talking about fuel ticked me off so much.

And it was literally in the opening titles for Solo "This is going to be about space fuel."

Isn't it funny how Wars became more like Trek, and Trek became more like Wars?

edit on 29-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Stick a fork in it, Star Wars is dead.

Universally recognized as pandering to SJW's, the franchise is hated by all fans now. Those fans are the ones who have kids and the checkbooks that would have paid for all the plastic garbage for their kids to play with. Why bother when their kids are just as happy to play with super hero movie toys from the same company, money talks and the moviegoers have spoken with dismal returns at the box office.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

LOL

Cant run out of fual in space or we'll slow down and be deads.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

LOL

Cant run out of fual in space or we'll slow down and be deads.

Good thing they had enough fuel leftover to hyper-drive their ship clean through the enemies!

edit on 29-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
It was no rogue one but Solo was not the steaming pile of dog # The last Jedi was.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Star Wars isn't about money!

Perhaps you are confused. Star Wars has ALWAYS been about money. Even the original trilogy was a series of cash grab attempts to sell toys and merchandise.

PS: I liked Solo. I thought it was an enjoyable movie. It didn't rock my world, but Ron Howard definitely saved it from being a steaming pile of #.
edit on 29-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Star Wars isn't about money!

When was it not about the money? George Lucas invented the modern film merchandising model.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

... and Disney will drive a stake through its dead, mummified heart.

At least this explains why Disney has yet to yank the franchise away from EA and its lootbox gaming model.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
... and Disney will drive a stake through its dead, mummified heart.

I'm hoping they turn Daisy into a drunken skank like Lindsay.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

IMO, Star Wars had an inevitable shelf life anyways. It isn't very scientifically accurate (which only gets worse as our understanding of science improve) and the entire series is full of plot holes, the original trilogy included. People just look back on the original trilogy with rose colored glasses because it redefined modern science fiction movies and ushered in the modern blockbuster. I'll give it that these are both significant achievements, but the depth of the story telling was just never there to ride for a long time. This is why people are perpetually unimpressed with returns to the series years later.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I thought the same as you. Then I bought Battlefront 2 for ps4 the other day for 5 dollars to play the campaign(couldn't pass up that price for a new copy). After I finished the campaign I thought I would try the multiplayer.

They took the loot boxes out of Battlefront 2. The only thing you can buy is cosmetics. All the heroes are free now and the cards you unlock as you level up. All the DLC (maps,heroes,mini campaign) is free too. If anything Disney stopped the greed of EA when it comes to Battlefront 2.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is coming from someone who actually knows and liked Han Solo's backstory from the original Extended Universe.

The movie was pretty good. Not Great, but pretty good. They kept most of the basics. Han was born on Corellia, he went to the Imperial Academy, did the Kessel run, won the Falcon from Lando in a card game. If all the SJW hysteria over the new trilogy did not exist. The movie would probably be ranked as one of the better Star Wars films.

But because people have to interject their politics into everything, which caused them to freak out about The Last Jedi. They are going to crap on this movie just because of that. They will say this movie is bad because they did not like The Last Jedi. Which is a pretty dumb way to rate movies. In my honest opinion.

I rank The Last Jedi up there with The Phantom Menace. As two of the worst Star Wars movies. But it was still an okay movie overall.

I don't become a crying little girl when movies explore territory I am not comfortable with.

While I was not clamoring for a young Han Solo movie, I think they should go in other unexplored directions, the movie was a fun ride. Ron Howard did a good job directing. The acting was adequate. Well good overall, except for the guy playing Han. We all know Harrison Ford would of done better. But time travel does not exist. Plus all the stuff people called SJW pandering in The Last Jedi and the Force Awakens, was not in this movie. Except maybe who Enfys Nest was under the mask.

SPOILER

If you can not take having a secondary character that does not have much screen time, being a woman. This movie is not for you and life in general is probably hard.

Oh and the movie made a hundred million opening weekend. I wouldn't call that a flop. I consider Solo to be the Ant Man of the Star Wars Movies. They are both heist movies. No one was clamoring for either. Ant Man made only fifty million opening weekend and its sequel is coming out this summer. Plus with the difficult production and Disney basically having to shoot two movies. I think the house of mouse will eventually consider this a success and may even make a sequel to it.

Believe it or not. They left the door open for another solo Solo movie.

On another side note. I think this movie has the most realistic looking Chewbacca. The way his fur moved in the wind was pretty cool.
edit on 29-5-2018 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Good god, it is not 'universally recognised' that star wars is 'SJW Trash' these days.

It's a thing in the sad little corners of the internet populated by 4channers and Insels and other pathetic whining man babies, to moan about how star wars is dead because oh noes, it lets women characters do stuff, and oh noes, it's not all white men anymore! Oh noes!

Star Wars rakes in huge money, it's clearly as popular as it has ever been. Solo hasn't done as much money as the previous ones, sure, but there's lots of reasons for that which have nothing to do with quality. For example, multiplex fatigue, Avengers, Deadpool 2, Last Jedi not long ago. It's the middle of summer, the weather is nice. And besides, it's still done good money.

So for heaven's sake, sad little whinging man babies of the internet. Deal with the fact that Star Wars lets women do more than hang out in metal slavegirl outfits now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join