It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Right-Wing Millennial Machine "Or" Progressivism Don't Pay The Bills

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Occasionally when I have time to kill, I like to check out HuffPo and DU to see what crazy is going on that day. Today, Huff actually had a good article on why they are beginning to fail at "long term" progressive indoctrination. It appears people may actually like to get paid and take jobs at corporations instead of slaving for the Progressives who do not want to pay them anything.

Go figure......

Is it possible to break the Progressive power hold in our nation's colleges and universities?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Conservatives are building an army of fired-up young people. How? By offering them salaries

“The Republicans are building an army, while the Democrats are still paying you in ‘making the world a better place,’”

“I’m blown away by all the people in student government who seemed like they would work in progressive politics and then boom, they’re working at Oracle or they’re a business consultant.

So far he’s found the same pattern: Fox News, the Cato Institute and Americans for Prosperity pay their interns. The Progressive Policy Institute, Let America Vote and the Human Rights Campaign don’t.

“The right is focused on the long game of investing in people when they find them on a college campus,” “The left-leaning groups are working on whatever election is facing them in the next 12 months. Then all those connections die.”

“What the right is doing is creating a cadre of potential leaders,” she said. “When they’re on campus they aren’t necessarily doing the bidding of donors, but they’re getting to know each other. They’re professionalizing and socializing students. I don’t see that happening on the left in the same way.”

Still, if progressive organizations want to build a movement that attracts and reflects the demographics crucial to their success, a much larger swath of them will have to offer something beyond 80-hour weeks, three-figure stipends and bartending side gigs.

The average Democrat in Congress is 59.6 years old, almost four years older than the average Republican. The GOP has 23 senators under 60, compared to just 13 Democrats.

edit on 28-5-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Corporations pay fair wages.

Plantations don't.

🤷🔑🔓

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think the basic fallacy that makes both parties obsolete is that everyone believes they are making some kind of long term change when their guy gets in.

Never mind that in 8 years or less, the other side will have control, and undo everything the previous people fought for.

And around we go.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
people like to get paid for their work, who knew?

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Another "my side is better than yours" thread? Not sure where you think this will go. Oh wait, it's in the mud-pit, I think that makes the intentions pretty clear.
edit on 5/28/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Another "my side is better than yours" thread? Not sure where you think this will go. Oh wait, it's in the mud-pit, I think that makes the intentions pretty clear.

We should just have a day where we all hold hands and commit suicide! Seems like the only solution to me.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

We should just have a day where we all hold hands and commit suicide! Seems like the only solution to me.

How about a day we're all polite and nice to each other. Seems like a better solution to me.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

How about a day we're all polite and nice to each other. Seems like a better solution to me.

You will never be nice to me because you think I am a Nazi!

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Great disclaimer in the face of defeat.

Why didn't you say so before ?

🎑

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Spent part of the weekend listening to a 25 year old complain because her father won't move out of his house and let her and her boyfriend move in. She figures she's going to inherit it anyway he might as well move in with his girlfriend so they can have his house.

HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!

The girlfriend is selling hers and she's moving into the farm with him. The daughter told them the day he's gone the girlfriend has to go and pay back rent.

Funny to listen to

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

lol I take it you're a millennial? That whole generation likes playing the victim, according to the right.

Have I been not nice to you? Have I ever called you a Nazi? lol

I promise you this, even if I start thinking this was a Freudian slip and that you ARE a Nazi, I'll still be nice to you. You have a right to your opinions, as everyone does, as long as they don't cause harm to another.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

lol I take it you're a millennial? That whole generation likes playing the victim, according to the right.

I promise you this, even if I start thinking this was a Freudian slip and that you ARE a Nazi, I'll still be nice to you. You have a right to your opinions, as everyone does, as long as they don't cause harm to another.

roflmao

Millenial??? really ????? nah man, I am a freakin boomer who has to listen to the millennials blaming me every day for how screwed up our country is!

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

roflmao

Millenial??? really ????? nah man, I am a freakin boomer who has to listen to the millennials blaming me every day for how screwed up our country is!

My bad then, just sounded like it.

And no I don't think you're anything other than what I've called you -- and I don't think I've ever called you anything. You're a member with an opinion that matters.

There, I just called you a member.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

We good then!

You have a right to your opinion as do I!

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Maybe you should post the above in the thread of one of your liberal friends and then we can talk. Until then you pretending to be neutral is just bull crap.

edit on 2018/5/28 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Long term effects?

FIGURE 3
When it comes to the pace of annual pay increases, the top 1% wage grew 138% since 1979, while wages for the bottom 90% grew 15%

Wage Stagnation

There you have it, void of drivel. Blame the progressives?

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Well all ya gotta do is get 75 million people to vote like you and waaalaaa

"Look Ma, no cavities !!"

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I hope the Millennials wise up to the left-right illusion of power, and instead try to find stability in political moderation, individualism, and personal responsibility. The last thing we need is a repeat of the past 70 years of oscillating between legislating morality and legislating equality.

Stop legislating reality!
edit on 28-5-2018 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Not necessarily better, but more realistic.

Idealism is wonderful until you realize that it doesn't put food on your table or pay back your student loans. Very few are fanatic enough to live that kind of hungry for very long.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Spent part of the weekend listening to a 25 year old complain because her father won't move out of his house and let her and her boyfriend move in. She figures she's going to inherit it anyway he might as well move in with his girlfriend so they can have his house.

HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!

The girlfriend is selling hers and she's moving into the farm with him. The daughter told them the day he's gone the girlfriend has to go and pay back rent.

Funny to listen to

Wow! That is some massive entitlement.

Does she not understand how wills work? Just because he's her father doesn't mean she automatically gets everything he has when he kicks off. If she's pissy about it and the girlfriend becomes wife and has wonderful kids of her own who more or less adopt new stepdad, she may find herself out in the cold.

My own sister is starting to wear my parents' patience thin, she used to be able to do no wrong with them as far as my mom was concerned. I personally keep my mouth shut on that one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join