It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK ATS members declaring Tommy Robinson guilty should turn themselves in to be arrested

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
So it's your assertion that you shouldn't beable to say on a public sidewalk what you can in your home?

He was on a suspended sentence (Probation) which meant he had a number of restriction on his freedom that a normal UK citizen not on a suspended sentence would not have.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
a reply to: Grambler

Additional time for second offence, three months first, ten months second.

Yes exactly.

SO all of those saying he just had his sentence form his orginal case reinstated are wrong.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

He was told during his original suspended sentence, that he was not allowed to show up at another trial talking about Muslim pedophiles, or his sentence would no longer be suspended. Period. He did it anyway. His sentence is no longer suspended as a result. Period. This has nothing to do with ATS members. Period.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

He dod not just recieve the sus[ended sentence, he recieved ten months on top of it.

That's the penalty he pays for breaking his conditions , in this country he'll only do 5 of the 10 for good behavior so in all he'll do just over 6 months , less if he gets released on tag.
The court takes a dim view of those who show it contempt.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: intrepid

a reply to: DieGloke

It's the perfect case to address the issue of losing your freedom of speech!

You(Americans) tell the rest of us that we should follow your lead and have more guns. Now you're telling us about free speech a la American style. And then have had the gall to tell us to butt out of your politics. That would be funny if it weren't so sad.

hmmmmmm pissed you off mate? I have an opinion just as do you, and I will give my opinion just as you or anyone else?

I've got no problem with that. Ya'll should reciprocate by not saying to stay out of your politics.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I have shown repeatedly the law, including with articles that showed that social media and blogs (like ats) could potentially lead swaying jurors, and thus lead to contempt of court.

That is what UK ats members have done.

Now all of the people gleefully cheering robinsons arrest are doing so because they say they care so much about the court system and the need for pontential jurors to not be swayed that Tommy needs to go to jail for potentially swaying juyrors.

Yet at the same time, they have no problem with potentially swaying jurors themselves.

And we know why.

Because they dont care about child rapists as much as they do as keeping the child grooming scandal as silent as possible.

If these people did care about not swaying potential jurors, they would not be calling tommy a racist, or a nazi, or saying he is guilty.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

It's the perfect case to address the issue of losing your freedom of speech!

You(Americans) tell the rest of us that we should follow your lead and have more guns. Now you're telling us about free speech a la American style. And then have had the gall to tell us to butt out of your politics. That would be funny if it weren't so sad.

hmmmmmm pissed you off mate? I have an opinion just as do you, and I will give my opinion just as you or anyone else?

I've got no problem with that. Ya'll should reciprocate by not saying to stay out of your politics.

I have no issue with you folks from other countries who are pissed at my corrupt government for things like war etc etc,,,, however when you attack my countries Constitution? I will always tell you to STFU it isn't any of your business. Unlike some of you, we in the US still have rights and we are fighting to keep them!

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Thing is there is ample evidence to convict as long as it herd.

The bastards in court are guilty, or at least some of them are, beyond contention.

But Robinson's motivations are his own, plain as the nose on the bawbags face really.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

No you haven't - read the law. Blogophere is extempt. - section 2.1 (a)

How can we be swaying jurors when the case has concluded and he's been sentenced? That makes no sense.
edit on 28-5-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I don't know the stipulation from the first case. If he violated it then he only has himself to blame. Unfortunately, I cant find what the stipulations were.

AS far as the charge breach of peace that looks like plain old railroading. The cop claimed he was being arrested for breach of peace. The court changed that to contempt of court.

There is a disconnect there.

The judge shutting down reporting on Tommy's case looks to be illegal. Pretty sure that can only apply to ongoing cases and Tommy case is set and done.

Did I miss anything or get anything wrong?

The UK doesn't have freedom of press so I am not sure on the legalities.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

No you haven't - read the law. Blogophere is extempt.

How can we be swaying jurors when the case has concluded and he's been sentenced? That makes no sense.

How could robinson himself have been swaying jurors when there were none in the case he was discussing, but was instead just a judge reading a verdict?

And you provided no evidence whatsoever that Facebook is included as being able to be charged for posting on, but not other blogspheres.

I posted the very article you claimed proved that and the man says it can be any online post or blog.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Yes I did I posted four links to court case rulings and legal precedents on Facebook, Twitter and AG and IJ advice to the public not to do so on Twitter and Facebook. Blogs are extempt - sect 2.1 (a-)

The Court was in full session - Tommy was reporting false info saying it was closed as I've already explained. Evidence is still being heard, full jury were present.

'Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Lennon, had claimed that verdicts were due on Friday but court officials confirmed that the trial of nine defendants is ongoing.'

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 28-5-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Says it all really, it's not like he was not warned.

Judges/sheriff don't screw around, that's just a fact of reality.
edit on 28-5-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Restricted from standing in public, ay? Those type of restrictions are eserved for a criminal IN jail.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The only way this makes sense to me is that when he was brought in on breach of peace charges the judge saw that him even being there violated his suspension(what we call parole) and maybe what we call parole violation they call "contempt of court" regardless of the legitimacy of the breach of peace charge he was already in deep #.

The whole media blackout on him looks to be BS abuse of power still since the case with him was over.
edit on 28-5-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

The 4 links you posted in no way showed it was only facebook and twitter that were not allowed to post on else be in contempt, and you know this.

In fact, I reporsted one of those links on this very thread that shwoed it was all potential blogs that could sway jurors.

But ok, I am willing to give you the bend=fit of the doubt there you were just misreading

Your link here also does not say jurors were present.

Thats two examples in a row of you misrepresenting sources; making me think you are now intentionally lying.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: kaylaluv

I have shown repeatedly the law, including with articles that showed that social media and blogs (like ats) could potentially lead swaying jurors, and thus lead to contempt of court.

That is what UK ats members have done.

Now all of the people gleefully cheering robinsons arrest are doing so because they say they care so much about the court system and the need for pontential jurors to not be swayed that Tommy needs to go to jail for potentially swaying juyrors.

Yet at the same time, they have no problem with potentially swaying jurors themselves.

And we know why.

Because they dont care about child rapists as much as they do as keeping the child grooming scandal as silent as possible.

If these people did care about not swaying potential jurors, they would not be calling tommy a racist, or a nazi, or saying he is guilty.

Words fail me. They are going after the rapists and the groomers, who cover a wide range of ages and backgrounds. This is an issue that most countries have. There will always be scumbags out there. They're trying them now and who knows what other prosecutions will be brought. Your statement is offensive, wrong and frankly idiotic.
And for the last time his name is not Tommy Robinson, it's Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon. And yes, he's a racist and a nazi.
edit on 28-5-2018 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I haven't a clue as to who this guy is... Or why it matters.

Is he "Fake" news-worthly... Like Trump across the pond says everything is? Or is it/he just a U. K. thing?

Enquiring minds wanna know! Who:s this guy and what's he done or not done and to whom????

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Might depend on the nature of the breach of the peace charge.

But the guy has a record, or so i'm lead to believe, so that may also influence the courts decision as to custodial sentance.

There is no media blackout, guys a racist that most people choose to ignore or pay little attentions.
edit on 28-5-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

This case will make the press once it as reached it's conclusion not before. It seems people care more about Robinson and his opinions than justice being served on a group on alleged pedos??? It comes to something when some members seem to support letting a group of pedos go free??

And if American members fully understood British law and what contempt of court means in Britian, they wouldn't be barking on about it, and instead be more worried that the defendants solicitors will use Robinsons appearance to help their case. If some members want an alleged group of child abusers and child groomers to go free because of Robinson, please keep bleating on about poor Robinson and his rights to disrupt an on going court case.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join