It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK ATS members declaring Tommy Robinson guilty should turn themselves in to be arrested

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is what I understand about the case.

Tommy was already serving a suspended sentence. That he was already convicted of, so it wasn't that he was convicted again it was that the suspension was revoked and he was made to serve the full sentence.

If he did something to warrant revoking that suspension then it is cut and dry.

The problem I have is I don't think he did anything to warrant being arrested again. I saw the video of his arrest and the cop claimed he was charging him with breaching the peace and to be honest I think that was BS. I didn't see anything in the video that warranted him being charged with breaching the peace.

His original conviction seems like it was warranted, but the follow up looks like he was railroaded.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: DieGloke

To conflate someone offering an opinion on a trial to exposing classified information is a bit of a stretch.

I see free expression as something fundamental, a basis for a free society.

If society is basing their foundations on the inhibition of free expression, then that society is not free.

Exposing classified information, military personnel may die. Derailing a trial? Someone could lose there freedom or die.
Both have terrible consequences.

And I consider the right to a fair trial to be sacred and what protects society from tyranny.

Honestly?
I think we both have a good point.

It just comes down to what rights you think trump over rights.

edit on 28-5-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
What I find particularly ironic is, what the far right is all up in arms about what they claim is happening here, is what they have been wanting Trump to do all along: hold the media (CNN) accountable and put ‘em in jail if they put out derogatory stuff about Trump, as it affects his ability to do his job.

So, either you are for it are agin’ it. Which is it?

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: Grambler

Very simplistic. While the number of registered members seems high we had 1600 members on in the last 24 hours. Of those I'd wager maybe 500 are UK members. Of those posting in that thread what? A little over a handful? The odds of them swaying a potential juror is extremely minimal.

But it exists for anyone to read at any time. And the info shared here could be retweeted by someone with a large following, thereby reaching more potential jurors.

And the odds of Tommy swaying potential jurors on his facebook page are much higher?

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Everyone who has proclaimed Toommys guilt on ATS has influenced potential jurors, and broke this law.

Except there will be no potential jurors because their will be no trial , he is now serving the sentence he was given last year because of his action this year.
If a judge says don't do something it's usually best not to do it , especially when in public live on the internet.
Nobody (apart from Tommy) has broken the law.

edit on 28-5-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You clearly are ignoring what the judge said in Tommy’s original sentencing. I find that telling.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

It's the perfect case to address the issue of losing your freedom of speech!

You(Americans) tell the rest of us that we should follow your lead and have more guns. Now you're telling us about free speech a la American style. And then have had the gall to tell us to butt out of your politics. That would be funny if it weren't so sad.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
What I find particularly ironic is, what the far right is all up in arms about what they claim is happening here, is what they have been wanting Trump to do all along: hold the media (CNN) accountable and put ‘em in jail if they put out derogatory stuff about Trump, as it affects his ability to do his job.

So, either you are for it are agin’ it. Which is it?

Well one, I am glad you are assuming people upset with this are "far right" I am not.

Secondly, not only do I not want reporters jailed for negative stories on trump, I have actually called him out for his rhetoric suggesting revoking press passes.

But as long as we are making broad generalizations, allow me to respond in kind.

I find it ironic is you people on the left that proclaim to be feminists that reserve your anger and hatred more for a man who wants to report on child rapes more than the actual child rapsits themselves.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Thanks for the info.

In the US, what he did would be called Probation Violation. The whole fog surrounding this plus my ignorance of UK law is why Ive refrained from commenting on this. In the US, if hes a Parole or Probation violator, his rights and remedies would be severely limited and disposition would be swift. Id have to guess the same to be true in the UK.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Very simplistic. While the number of registered members seems high we had 1600 members on in the last 24 hours. Of those I'd wager maybe 500 are UK members. Of those posting in that thread what? A little over a handful? The odds of them swaying a potential juror is extremely minimal.

But it exists for anyone to read at any time. And the info shared here could be retweeted by someone with a large following, thereby reaching more potential jurors.

Like I said. Highly unlikely. I'd say virtually impossible. We ain't that big.

And the odds of Tommy swaying potential jurors on his facebook page are much higher?

FB vs ATS. You do the math.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
This is what I understand about the case.

Tommy was already serving a suspended sentence. That he was already convicted of, so it wasn't that he was convicted again it was that the suspension was revoked and he was made to serve the full sentence.

If he did something to warrant revoking that suspension then it is cut and dry.

The problem I have is I don't think he did anything to warrant being arrested again. I saw the video of his arrest and the cop claimed he was charging him with breaching the peace and to be honest I think that was BS. I didn't see anything in the video that warranted him being charged with breaching the peace.

His original conviction seems like it was warranted, but the follow up looks like he was railroaded.

Exactly the point!

If you watch his stream, he is there for over an hour, and is repeatedly asking the police if he is allowed to do what he is doing.

He is constantly saying the people are innocent until proven guilty.

The police never warn him, or tell him to stop recording.

This proves that tommy was rail roaded for political purposes.

because the people in charge politically are less concerned about child rape gangs (as they have showed by alloowing them to continue for nearly 40 years) as they are about virtue signalling that they are against nationalists.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yes I agree Probation Violation is what it looks like so he is actually serving the sentence he originally got out of.

I saw the video they picked him up on that is the part I think was wrong. I didn't see anything in the video that warranted him being charged with breaching the peace.

link   

It's the perfect case to address the issue of losing your freedom of speech! You just admitted that your government is becoming tyrannical, yet because Tommy doesn't fit into your political tribe you choose to back up tyranny!

Try and twist it how ever you want.

I don't have a political "tribe" , this is not the USA, we are not as divisive and partisan in our politics thank god. Plus you have little knowledge about my political leanings.

The reason this is not a good poster child for freedom of speech is not because of his views, it because HE VIOLATED A SUSPENDED SENTENCE while trying to interrupt a very delicate court case.

I think the EDL and Britain first are a bunch of racist thugs but I am completely against the UK banning these movements.

link   

It's the perfect case to address the issue of losing your freedom of speech!

You(Americans) tell the rest of us that we should follow your lead and have more guns. Now you're telling us about free speech a la American style. And then have had the gall to tell us to butt out of your politics. That would be funny if it weren't so sad.

hmmmmmm pissed you off mate? I have an opinion just as do you, and I will give my opinion just as you or anyone else?

link   
In this case, the trial was all but over.

There was no jury, only a judge, as tommy mentions in his video.

So what is the implication, that this judge is so weak, that his verdict would have been swayed by tommy robinson not declaring these peoples guilt (unlike the UK ats members I am mentioning in the OP) but merely discussing facts about muslim grooming gangs would sway his verdict?

If thats the case, this judge should be disbarred immediatly.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Thanks for the info.

In the US, what he did would be called Probation Violation. The whole fog surrounding this plus my ignorance of UK law is why Ive refrained from commenting on this. In the US, if hes a Parole or Probation violator, his rights and remedies would be severely limited and disposition would be swift. Id have to guess the same to be true in the UK.

Maybe that is what is causing the confusion?

Some of the members here don't know what a suspended sentence is?

But yes it is similar to a probation violation.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Don't know about guilty but the Mans a racist buffoon.

Take me to gaol officer because it needs to be said.

edit on 28-5-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So it's your assertion that you shouldn't beable to say on a public sidewalk what you can in your home?

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Everyone who has proclaimed Toommys guilt on ATS has influenced potential jurors, and broke this law.

Except there will be no potential jurors because their will be no trial , he is now serving the sentence he was given last year because of his action this year.
If a judge says don't do something it's usually best not to do it , especially when in public live on the internet.
Nobody (apart from Tommy) has broken the law.

He dod not just recieve the sus[ended sentence, he recieved ten months on top of it.

The judge sentenced him to ten more months in a 40 hour period, with no lawyer present, and told all reporters that if they question this or report on it, they too would be held in contempt of court.

This is orwellian and disgusting.

Bastion said on the thread linked in the OP

She's an idiot, he's not jailed, he's held in a police cell until Tuesday, due to it being bank holiday weekend. Otherwise he'd be out the next day.

The right to a fair trial or innocent until proven guilty protect an individual from being set up by courts and governments and are precisely what separates us from North Korea.

Ok so he will still face a trial or hearing, and hence the users saying he is guilty are potentially influencing jurors.

In addition, the case tommy was commenting on had no jurorss, as I said above.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Additional time for second offence, three months first, ten months second.

Tommy was reporting false info he claimed the case had concluded, there's still a year to go (if it doesn't collapse) - there was a full court, judge jury, with witness giving evidence.
edit on 28-5-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join