It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK ATS members declaring Tommy Robinson guilty should turn themselves in to be arrested

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
I am somewhat disturbed by the support for this muppet. The man's a criminal who uses a fake name and who co-founded a failed political movement that is now composed of former football hooligans and other assorted trash.

Im disturbed by a community of people that have admitted thousands of children have been raped for decades, and that in many cases not only was the authorities turning a blind eye to this, but they were sanctioning the few authorities that spoke up, and treating the victims like guilty prostitutes, and yet have more animosity for a man speaking up about this than the rapists themselves.

And the people responsible have been caught, arrested and put on trial. Those trials are continuing, highly sensitive and involve the testimony of people who really don't want their identities broadcast because of the way that they were abused. The courts don't want crowds of people hanging about there, they want a nice quiet process that leads to a trial that cannot lead to any appeals based on intimidation and peer pressure.
The muppet in question does not want justice. He's looking for cheap publicity. As for the EDL they're looking for victims to punch in the face. They are a pathetic minority.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: paraphi

Yep. Contempt of court doesn’t mean you’re in your home writing stuff on the internet. Contempt of court means contempt of Court.

The fact that you are getting so many stars when it is quite evident you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

The law says things like writings that could influence jurors could make someone held in contempt of court.

The judge made UK media take down articles about tommy being charged under threat of contempt of court.

Where breitbart UK on the court steps when they were forced to take down their article or be arrested for contempt?

Of course not!

Again, I posted the law, you have ignored it and posted no law that says the 1981 contempt law only applies if you are on court steps, because you are clearly wrong.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

I would say, the governement arresting people because of what the governement thinks a citizen is going to do. I would call that torture, of that individual

edit on 28-5-2018 by SocratesJohnson because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

So he was arrested, charged and sentenced in like 4 hours over something he might do... not something he did?
Talk about your fast track system . Hard to imagine them being able to do the proper paper work in that short of time . Now if the defense lawyer was paid by the hour I suspect his kids could be a bit hungry at the end of the day . Any bets on how long the appeal process will take ? Sad state of affairs this Swamp thing is in the free world .

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The people who see Nazis around every corner. Usually have policies and principals running patrell to Nazi philosophy.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

trials closed,how is anyone in contempt?

He was in contempt of the previous order , it wouldn't have been a trial just a short hearing to revoke his bail and send him down.
He provided the evidence himself.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: DieGloke

But a lot of people are brain dead idiots who can think for themselves and will vote or decide on whatever there favorite politician or celebrity says.

So we inhibit free speech, we deny free expression because some people might be stupid?

Seems like we're dumbing down our society to the lowest common denominator just because people are idiots.

Not a good way to go, in my opinion.

But then we allow unfetted speech and risk it interfering with the right to a fair trial.

Two rights are in conflict here.

Speech has never been totally free, even in the USA. Try seeing what happen if a US government employee tries to disclose something top secret....
Sometimes for safety cant be spoken about or be disclosed.

A trial to me is more important that even military secrets.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Question; wasnt he already on probation for some prior offence and charged with violating his terms of probation? Just trying to get the facts straight.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
The people who see Nazis around every corner. Usually have policies and principals running patrell to Nazi philosophy.

Yep!

Upside down world. Definitions of words changed overnight, 53 genders, freedom is fascism and this comedy horror show could go on and on! Damn shame is our children are going into massive debt to attend the colleges that twist their minds to believe this BS?

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Question; wasnt he already on probation for some prior offence and charged with violating his terms of probation? Just trying to get the facts straight.

Exactly.

This is a storm in a teapot.

He was on a suspended sentence and he violated it.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

Yep!

Upside down world. Definitions of words changed overnight, 53 genders, freedom is fascism and this comedy horror show could go on and on! Damn shame is our children are going into massive debt to attend the colleges that twist their minds to believe this BS?

Yes because the act I have little sympathy or Tommy means I and full fledged, pink and frilly liberal who believes in 53 genders. Because everything is black and white......or in the USA case Red and Blue.

Attack of Freedom of speech is a REAL problem in the UK but Tommy is not a good case to make a martyr of! Mark Meechan is a far more worthy case and one I even donated money too.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

magistrates’ court has jurisdiction under this section to deal with any person who—
(a)wilfully insults the justice or justices, any witness before or officer of the court or any solicitor or counsel having business in the court, during his or their sitting or attendance in court or in going to or returning from the court; or
(b)wilfully interrupts the proceedings of the court or otherwise misbehaves in court.
(2)In any such case the court may order any officer of the court, or any constable, to take the offender into custody and detain him until the rising of the court; and the court may, if it thinks fit, commit the offender to custody for a specified period not exceeding one month or impose on him a fine not exceeding [F17£2,500], or both.

www.legislation.gov.uk...

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
There is so much ignorance around how law works, that it is worrying.

Tommy Robinson aka Stephen Yaxley-Lennon was found guilty of contempt of court on 22 May 2017. The verdict and sentencing remarks are fully disclosed in this Crown Court document, which opens in a PDF.

The judge at Canterbury Crown Court handed down a suspended sentence and gave a very clear indication of what what would happen if Robinson he did what he did again... Here, if you cannot read the full transcript (above link), the read the below quote from the transcript.

The sentence, therefore, that I pass upon you, taking into account all of those matters that have been placed before me and your admissions entered via Mr. Kovalevsky, is one of three months' imprisonment which will be suspended for a period of 18 months. That will be suspended. There will be no conditions that need to be attached to that suspended sentence, but you should be under no illusions that if you commit any further offence of any kind, and that would include, I would have thought a further contempt of court by similar actions, then that sentence of three months would be activated, and that would be on top of anything else that you were given by any other court. In short, Mr. Yaxley-Lennon, turn up at another court, refer to people as "Muslim paedophiles, Muslim rapists" and so on and so forth while trials are ongoing and before there has been a finding by a jury that that is what they are, and you will find yourself inside. Do you understand? Thank you very much.

Crown Court search

couldn't be any clearer.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Grambler

Only if they show up at his trial. Like Tommy did at the Muslim trial. As the judge said. The judge didn’t say “if you write or say anything negative about Muslims on the internet”. He said if you show up at court during a trial and say negative things about Muslims. How are you not hearing or reading that?

I posted the law which quite clearly sbays that writings and posts would be contempt of court; you have ignored this.

In addition, here is an article discussing this.

Anyone commenting about a case or defendant in a way that could prejudice a trial could be prosecuted for contempt and imprisoned.

That is why the attorney general is going to start publishing advice - that previously only went to the media - to the public via his website and Twitter feed.

It is designed to help inform people about the legal pitfalls of commenting in a way that could be seen as prejudicial to a court case or those involved.

Mr Grieve said blogs and social media sites allow individuals to reach thousands of people with a single post, which he said was an "exciting prospect" but one which "can pose certain challenges to the criminal justice system".

www.bbc.com...

Everyone who has proclaimed Toommys guilt on ATS has influenced potential jurors, and broke this law.

Therefore they should turn themselves in.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

To conflate someone offering an opinion on a trial to exposing classified information is a bit of a stretch.

I see free expression as something fundamental, a basis for a free society.

If society is basing their foundations on the inhibition of free expression, then that society is not free.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Very simplistic. While the number of registered members seems high we had 1600 members on in the last 24 hours. Of those I'd wager maybe 500 are UK members. Of those posting in that thread what? A little over a handful? The odds of them swaying a potential juror is extremely minimal.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Oh so they have all been arrested?

Then I guess all the rpeorts of the decades of rapes of thousands of children, saying that many of the violatoprs have not been brought to justice are wrong.

I guess those same articles saying that fear of being seen as racist cause these crimes to be allowed to continue for so long because even discussing these crimes could be seen as racist were wrong.

Thank God all of the criminals have been rounded up.

I guess thats the last we will hear of these grooming gangs then!

link   
a reply to: gortex

I meant Tommy's trial for this offense has been and gone - I don't see why the OP is claiming any posters on here be in contempt to a closed case, but yeah that's all true too.

Only active cases are contemptable, plus the OP has got the laws that apply to print and broadcast media in the UK, Facebook, Twitter and newspaper comment sections - doesn't apply to web forums, general speech or conversation or anything like that.

It needs to be broadcast media in the UK that goes viral, attracts likes, retweets etc...

link   

It's the perfect case to address the issue of losing your freedom of speech! You just admitted that your government is becoming tyrannical, yet because Tommy doesn't fit into your political tribe you choose to back up tyranny!

Try and twist it how ever you want.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: bastion

trials closed,how is anyone in contempt?

He was in contempt of the previous order , it wouldn't have been a trial just a short hearing to revoke his bail and send him down.
He provided the evidence himself.

Then why was he given more than the three month sentence that was suspended?

I like the smily face emoji though!

Nothing like smugly joking about tyranny huh!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join