It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK ATS members declaring Tommy Robinson guilty should turn themselves in to be arrested

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BenGee101

Well tommy was attacked in jail last tiome he was their with boiling sugar water (he claims)

As far as the police not allowing these gangs to operate, where have you been?

Authorities have admitted in rotterham they were afraid to investigate for fear of being called racist.

Here is just one thread on one grooming gang, where the police actually treated the victims with contempt and like prostitutes and allowed thoudands of girls to be raped for around 40 years despite outcries from the public and some social workers (who were reprimanded)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yes, I acknowledge that in the past these things have happened. But we've moved on from there and now the only thing stopping anyone from being hauled into court over a sexual offence is 'evidence'. Ever since the Soham murders you can barely look at a girl with lewd intent in Britain without being hauled over the coals for it. But even the past errors shouldn't be looked at in isolation - there were terrible errors where crimes of a sexual nature were involved. No one handed Muslims a 'Get out of Jail Free' card. Jimmy Saville comes to mind. I'm sure there are paedophile gangs or groups in all sorts of walks of life. Eastern European groups have a terrible record where sexual crimes in Britain are concerned. It is not a uniquely 'Muslim' issue and Tommy Robinson tries to portray it as such. He demonises Muslims which is quite simply wrong and indicates that the actual issue 'Sexual misconduct' which he highlights is a smokescreen for something else otherwise he would be far more even handed in his approach.

As for his sentence - he was handed the 3 months for breaking his court imposed conditions first time around and an extra 10 for for the upheaval he caused outside court this time around.

Can I just say - I find him and what he stands for reprehensible but I would be the first to jump to his defence if I felt his right to 'freedom of speech' was being subverted. It was not - Freedom of Speech carries responsibilities and some of those are enshrined in law - he ditched those responsibilities and as he said to the judge he 'deeply regrets' his actions. Maybe he's woken up to the fact that our laws are created to ensure EVERYONE gets a fair crack of the whip at trial time and not just bully boy loudmouths with a cause.
edit on 29-5-2018 by BenGee101 because: Spelling

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

"He probably said that because he doesnt want to die in jail?"

He will be fine and segregated well away from other inmates for his own protection.

Might want to be checking his tea for some spit/cum/excrement all the same.

As to our laws, well lets face it they are there to maintain the status quo, just like your own laws. They are not perfect and geared towards justice being seen to be done as apposed to actual justice being dispensed.

Nothing new there all the same, nothing new under the Sun really.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

So in effect he got picked up for a thought crime. Not for actual trespass on the grounds of the courthouse?

Unlike Britain the US takes freedom of speech seriously.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

No he got picked up for contempt of court and interfering with the proceedings of an ongoing trial. That's more than a 'thought crime' - it's real tangible stuff with real tangible consequences. His live streaming was watched by 250,000 people prejudicing the defendants right to a fair trial based on his comments. It really is journalism 101 in Britain.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Which is why your Westboro baptist church types get to freely bump there gums and shout their mouths off spewing mindless hate speak at your returning veterans and homosexuals i imagine?

Freedom of speech is all well and good and i would not have it any other way but there are limits to the propensity people are willing to put up with.

Only thing the US seems to take seriously these days are walls and wars against brown people who cannot fight back. Not that my own nation does not participate as a lap dog at your side on most occasion in that particular sport but the hypocrisy is rather self evident.
edit on 29-5-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

You can have this filth of a human rubbish being to your country. More fitting.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: LungFuMoShi
I come with biases, too.

I'm guessing, since you deem it appropriate to advertise the fact that you're a scot, that you're like many of the people I grew up around and have an inherent disliking for anyone who stands up for English or British values.

You can deny it if you like but I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to my own particluar biases.

Scotland is a country full of people who align themselves with terrorists and like to think of themselves as freedom fighters.

I grew up around people like that...it's fairly common in this country...it's retarded but what ya gonna do?

I have an inherent dislike of Robinson's lack of values. If you think his views represent English or British values that says far more about you than me.

I never said he represented anything, I think I've been quite clear.

He represents his own values - I'm not going to pretend I know what they are because I don't, nor do I care.

So what are your values, exactly? Tell us, I'll tell you mine - I see someone reporting on something that, if true, is repulsive. Do I think the stuff Tommy is talking about is false? Impossible? Do your values include happily allowing these cases to be continually covered up by the authorities? Or os that another illusion?

Am I a sheep?

Perhaps my values need reassessing...should they include burying my head in the sand and pretending this sort of thing doesn't happen? Maybe if I don't know these things are happening I'll be a happier person?

You represent your own values with every personal statement you make. Tommy doesn't speak for you or me, but for himself.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Which is why your Westboro baptist church types get to freely bump there gums and shout their mouths off spewing mindless hate speak at your returning veterans and homosexuals i imagine?

Freedom of speech is all well and good and i would not have it any other way but there are limits to the propensity people are willing to put up with.

Only thing the US seems to take seriously these days are walls and wars against brown people who cannot fight back. Not that my own nation does not participate as a lap dog at your side on most occasion in that particular sport but the hypocrisy is rather self evident.

How ironic.

The EDL formed as a response to groups similar to the Westboro lot.

That's what I meant in my earlier post regarding context and life experience. Maybe if they'd grown up in Luton in the 80's and 90'speople would understand a little more. Westboro didn't get to bump their gums without retaliation, they were attacked and protested - and rightly so.

So when servicement and women paraded in Luton and were attacked by local muslim gangs the EDL formed as a response to that and things get out of hand. But many of these groups were a little more extreme than the Westboro fools who did stupid things like hold up vulgar signs about homosexuals and picket soldiers funerals.

They were violently attacking people, heavily involved with distribution of heroin, prostitution - so I'm glad someone brought Westboro into it, it highlights just how important personal experience actually is. You think Westboro were oppressive...you ain't seen s***!

I have family all over the UK - we have it great here in Scotland. I ave family all over London and spent a lot of time there. Tommy might be a multitude of abhorrant things, but is the message false? I don't think so, these things have and are happening.

edit on 30/5/2018 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

I come with biases, too.

I'm guessing, since you deem it appropriate to advertise the fact that you're a scot, that you're like many of the people I grew up around and have an inherent disliking for anyone who stands up for English or British values.

You can deny it if you like but I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to my own particluar biases.

Scotland is a country full of people who align themselves with terrorists and like to think of themselves as freedom fighters.

I grew up around people like that...it's fairly common in this country...it's retarded but what ya gonna do?

I have an inherent dislike of Robinson's lack of values. If you think his views represent English or British values that says far more about you than me.

I never said he represented anything, I think I've been quite clear.

He represents his own values - I'm not going to pretend I know what they are because I don't, nor do I care.

So what are your values, exactly? Tell us, I'll tell you mine - I see someone reporting on something that, if true, is repulsive. Do I think the stuff Tommy is talking about is false? Impossible? Do your values include happily allowing these cases to be continually covered up by the authorities? Or os that another illusion?

Am I a sheep?

Perhaps my values need reassessing...should they include burying my head in the sand and pretending this sort of thing doesn't happen? Maybe if I don't know these things are happening I'll be a happier person?

You represent your own values with every personal statement you make. Tommy doesn't speak for you or me, but for himself.

Well since the topic is about Robinson, we were discussing Robinson and you post was in reply to my comments about Robinson i am not sure who else you can possibly be meaning by representing 'English & British values' .

Peoples criticism of Robinson isn't that what he is reporting is false. However it's important to point out that he had absolutely nothing to do with breaking the story or these cases coming to trial.

The criticism is about how he is using these cases to fuel his own toxic agenda and even more importantly the manner in which he has reported them which risked a mistrial in child abuse cases.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler>>> What they have is engineered social demolition and they'll resist any attempt at thwarting it or getting the people to stand up against it. The UK government has blood on their hands and other, darker scandals waiting to be revealed which will result in a complete toppling of the present system if the people are made aware of them. Pedophelia that is institutionalized, child abuse, to name but two. What you're seeing is an authoritarian clamp down on freedom of speech and the press and they have the same plans here. Look at facebook and the phony alarms about " Fake News" aimed at social media but not the main stream media and government. I always thought that " V for Vendetta" was an overly stylistic and plot deprived movie but I think they need something like that to happen.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: DieGloke

Unlike the USA, the UK takes it's right to a fair trial seriousl

Yeah right...kinda like it takes its immigration policies seriously.

Oh no you di'ient !!!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

You posted irrelevant law - contempt of court cases are heard by two senior judges not a lay jury.

The section you did post is just sub section points of the 1981 Act, there's a few hundred pages in the whole thing then judgwes sentencing guidelines which explain in detail when the offense meets criteria set out) and seperate advice for facebook/twitter. The guides for journalists are nealry 2000 pages long of legalese.

You have to read the whole thing plus case studies, precedents and the format of a case/court notes to know where the law does and doesn't apply. There's a reason it takes years to learn.

www.cps.gov.uk...
www.lawcom.gov.uk...
www.judiciary.gov.uk...
www.newsmediauk.org...
www.communityjournalism.co.uk...
www.societyofeditors.org...

No he broke a court order and caused serioous risk on trial collapse by trying to interview a defendant which iis illegal.

edit on 30-5-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: DieGloke

he indicated

Boy that there is a serious offence, should get at least 10 years....

He was on a suspended sentence, the US equivalent of probation. As such he did not have the same rights to freedom o movement as someone not on a suspended sentence.

When on a suspended sentence/probation you lay low and don't cause trouble.

You Americans are kicking up a storm in a teacup over a idiot that cant obey a court order.

You want a real example of a someone being screwed by the UK over freedom of speech then look up Mark Meechan.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

he indicated

Boy that there is a serious offence, should get at least 10 years....

He was on a suspended sentence, the US equivalent of probation. As such he did not have the same rights to freedom o movement as someone not on a suspended sentence.

When on a suspended sentence/probation you lay low and don't cause trouble.

You Americans are kicking up a storm in a teacup over a idiot that cant obey a court order.

You want a real example of a someone being screwed by the UK over freedom of speech then look up Mark Meechan.

In America they have no room left in the jails so the people on probation are free to re_offend at will, they have so much freedom even the criminals are free to do as they please, even as far as getting a hold of firearms and using them against law abiding citizens.

So yes the above statement is pure hyperbole .....or is it...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BenGee101

Have a word with yourself, the Westminster dossier was 'lost'. Janner and Brittan 'died' while under investigation and Heath got away with it but according to police sources would have been prosecuted if alive today.
www.theguardian.com...

Just one of many sources.

Robinson has had death threats already.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Do you know I think even Tommy R thinks he has been an arsewh@le. He accepted his punishment in court by agreeing his guilt no shenanigans or Drama. He was actually arrested after an hour facebook Liveing I was watching and at one point he addressed someone going into court and got a mouthful back . So he did break the rules set after his conviction in Canterbury

The founder of the English Defence League has been jailed over comments which had the potential to cause a retrial at Leeds Crown Court, it can now be reported. Tommy Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon, streamed an hour-long Facebook Live outside the court last Friday and within hours it had been watched more than 250,000 times.

He pleaded guilty to contempt of court and breach of a suspended sentence. Matthew Harding, mitigating, said his client felt "deep regret" after realising the potential consequences of his actions. He said Robinson was aware of the reporting restriction in place in the case but thought what he was saying on camera was already in the public domain. The barrister added: "He was mindful, having spoken to others and taken advice, not to say things that he thought would actually prejudice these proceedings. "He did not try to cause difficulties for the court process." Mr Harding said Robinson had been the victim of assaults while serving time in prison before and there had been "a price on his head" during his last prison term with inmates being offered the reward of drugs and mobile phones to kill him. But the judge said: “No one could possibly conclude that it would be anything other than highly prejudicial to the defendants in the trial.

www.examiner.co.uk...

Antics leading up to Suspended sentence.

But far from allowing the judicial process run its course, Robinson referred to the pre-conviction defendants as “Muslim child rapists” and “Muslim paedophiles”. Robinson also risked revealing the identity of a juvenile defendant as he attempted to film on the steps and even in the Crown Court building – an act prohibited by the law. So concerned were police by his actions that they took the unprecedented step of ushering the defendants out of a back exit to avoid Robinson.

www.canterburyjournal.co.uk...

Oy Vey.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

That's about the jist of it,while our American friends are right to be outraged about the criminal gangs they need to realise they are by their actions putting the victims in harms way.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I am not appealing to authority.

Funny that you should say that. Who are we being reported to again? Hypothetically, of course.

You basically took the gubmints lousy excuse as a base for your decision to lock em up. And that's the other appeal to authority, you wanna be the authority here.

In order to debate the case you better come up with some research first. Couldn't care less though, I'm just here to throw a few rotten apples at the fine pillory setup you've got going there.

Duck and cover!
edit on 30-5-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fermy
LungFuMoshi owning everyone who holds a snowflake in their angsty hand-well worth the read

How so? By replying with emotive posts rather than tackling the reality of the law? Because at the end of the day, that is all this is down to - a simple interpretation of UK Law. The Judge addressed this in his summing up, even addressing that Tommy may not understand what he has done wrong (which i don't personally believe as he claims to have taken advice).

I don't like Tommy Robinson and i have never claimed otherwise but i have posted in oher threads that i DO believe he has been on wrong end of some decisions in the past. This is just the wrong one to protest - he was bang to rights, which means jail.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join