It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK ATS members declaring Tommy Robinson guilty should turn themselves in to be arrested

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LungFuMoShi
a reply to: Flavian

I ain't learned much from you that's very useful but appreciate your efforts.

Fair enough. Are you then acknowledging that you won't look up the judges comments on why Robinson was actually jailed? Which is what my comment pertained to. If not, why not?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

it seems there are three discussions happening in this thread:

1. the right for Mr. Robinson to stand on the sidewalk and stream his thoughts during/after an active trial
2. the UK law regarding what constitutes contempt of court.
3. defending or attacking anyone summoned to court in an active case.

there appears to be confusion of posts crossing each other.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

it seems there are three discussions happening in this thread:

1. the right for Mr. Robinson to stand on the sidewalk and stream his thoughts during/after an active trial
2. the UK law regarding what constitutes contempt of court.
3. defending or attacking anyone summoned to court in an active case.

there appears to be confusion of posts crossing each other.

1) He has every right and even his original, totally unjustified arrest and suspended sentence, did not preclude him from doing so.

2) #1 does not. In fact the rules for covering a trial allow for the naming of defendants and the charges. At no point did Tommy Robinson ever discuss any evidence and he was also careful to state that the charges were alleged

3) see #2

The real issue is that UK govt just acted as a totalitarian state. They organised the police, had the judge ready and jail cell prepared. They then put a block on reporting about it over the bank holiday weekend to tamp down any reaction. What happened is what one would expect in Nazi Germany or Stalin's Russia, with the police playing their Gestapo role perfectly.

It is disgusting.

We now live in a country where it is a reality that reporting on muslim grooming gangs can land you in jail, for longer than a person who is convicted of raping a child. Those that support this are, in fact, cretins and the biggest enemies of this country there is.

edit on 29/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Why would I make such an acknowledgement?

It was never suggested that I do so, nor was it suggested that I haven't already done so.

Perhaps you don't really understand...would you think it impossible for someone to actually disagree the judges points? Or believe that the restrictions placed on Tommy, who when all is said and done is acting as a journalist, are unjustified and not in the public interest?

You need to understand...you just made a load of assumptions.

I made some points when I first joined this thread that nobody has addressed...and so what, it's not my place to force anyone to address them.

I'll go over one of those points again - the one concerning vigilante pedo hunting groups who apparently act with impunity. Not only do they initiate the interaction and arrange to meet with child molestors...not only that, they actually call the poilice to attend the scene and the police then allow those vigilantes to go free...as well as go free, they're also allowed to then go on facebook, or whatever social media outlet of their choice, and share that footage with the world.

These pedo's they meet tend to be young to middle-aged, white males. I don't see anyone leaping t their defense or worrying that it may potentially disrupt or invalidate future court proceedings.

For the most part i see praise from the general public, these vigilante groups have even been invited onto daytime television shows like this morning to talk about what they do. So why the double standard?

I don't really care what the judge thinks, or the cops think...and here's me thinking that blindly following the leader was frowned upon here on ATS.

You might hang your every word on what the judge says or thinks...if the judges were passing out sentences that actually reflected the severity of the crimes people commit then perhaps I'd have a little more faith in his excuses for silencing someone who was simply reporting the facts.

I'm sorry that you have so much faith in the justice system - as someone posted, earlier - one of the convicted rapists from the Rotheram scandal serves one year for raping minors...the other, Tommy Robinson - is to carry out a 13 month sentence for reporting on tihis issue.

The people are sick of the judges and politicians getting it wrong and not serving the interests of the public, that's the point. They've been exposed in the past, covering up similar cases, is that what you actually want?

The ultimate truth is that Tommy is just a conduit and people need to see past him. Why do we always want to persecute the messenger simply because their message is horiffic?

And you have to consider the context, it's what you know that molds you. Me, I can't do what Tommy does because I didn't grow up in Luton in the 80's nor did I experience his life. I'm in Scotland, we don't have a huge issue here with muslim grooming gangs.

If, for example - tomorrow I found out that in my own backyard there was a gang of chinese people systematically rapings kids would I ignore it out of fear of being prejudiced towards chinese? Hell no.

Don't focus on their ethnicity...Tommy does that enough for everyone, but you have to acknowledge that he isn't making up the stories he's reporting on...this stuff does happen in certain parts of the UK. Just because I don't live there and experience it personally doesn't mean I shouldn't care.

Y'all keep shooting the messenger, I'l try to listen over the gunfire and might actually learn a bit more about what's happening in the real world while you lend your ear to the judges who fail this nation continually.

Cheers.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
All I gotta say is Thank God I was born with the right to think freely in the USA. Good Luck to anyone thinking about taking our freedoms away from us and our huge armed militia.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I suppose we can draw a reasonable comparison.

I recently watched a YouTube video where the narrator made claims that several high-ranking politicians, judges, etc - were involved in a huge pedofile ring. Not only did they (allegedly) systematically rape and torture, but in some cases killed people including children.

They were pretty much all white, upper-class older men.

I don't recall hearing that the maker of that video was arrested...ain't heard a thing about it.

I saw a similar one where the McCanns were accused of being part of a similar group that involved the likes of John Podesta...you can still find this crap on YouTube months later, ain't heard of no arrests...and these are allegations, nothing more.

Claims...there's a good chance none of it is true. Nobody is calling the makers of these videos racist, or classist, yet the alleged prppetrators being accused are usually white.

So again...why this double standard?

Me...I don't particularly see it in terms of muslim grooming gang, christian grooming gang...both have and do exist.

Maybe the real racism comes into play when people feel the need to make that distinction having no experience...Tommy Robinson comes from an area where there are a lot of muslims and he reports on what he knows.

Why fixate on their skin color or race or faith when you've no reason to do so? You're not Tommy Robinson, your perception and understanding of the issue does not match his...yet everyone is more concerned about the race, the ethnicity and the faith of the accused.

So who's really making the distinctions?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

Don't focus on their ethnicity...Tommy does that enough for everyone, but you have to acknowledge that he isn't making up the stories he's reporting on...this stuff does happen in certain parts of the UK. Just because I don't live there and experience it personally doesn't mean I shouldn't care.

Wait! What? Of course it means that you shouldn't care, it's disinfo.

Picture a place and a time, in which you are being constantly bombarded with the horrific blowback of our War with Terror, you'd be amazed to see how fast it could be over. It's all about perception management.
Blow a few cases out of proportion, ignore the bigger context of war and causes of flight, and there you have your English German Defense League piece of garbage disinfo.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Ok...so you're saying that you believe the issues Tommy is reporting are false?

I'm open to your theories if you're willing to elaborate.

What exactly are these men actually appearing in court for?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm a white male.

When systematic abuse of boys was exposed within the catholic church - say, crimes committed by white, catholic priests, why didn't I then claim that this was untrue and that the allegations were instead a product of racism or bigotry?

Is there something that leads to to believe that such crimes cannot possibly be committed by certain races or groups of people?

I really want to understand your angle, here. Seems there's a certain degree of denial applied when allegations are made against groups who have special or protected characteristics.
edit on 29/5/2018 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I'd lastly like to point out to you something I stated previously in another post. I don't read newspapers and haven't in about 20 years. I threw my TV out probably about ten or so years ago.

I'm not being bombarded with anything regarding the war on terror.

This...is about organised grooming gangs in the uk. It's about children being abused...that's what this is about.

You seem to be leaping to some pretty odd conclusions, like I said before - I don't care if it's a group of white guys, chinese guys, arabir or pakistani guys. The race is irrelevant, the faith is irrelevant...there are no racial or religious restrictions placed on people that make or prevent them from being child molestors.

the world doesn't work that way...all should be exposed. Nobody cried racist when a bunch of white catholic priests were exposed for this stuff so why apply these bizarre rules when they're asian or muslim?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You seem to be leaping to some pretty odd conclusions, like I said before - I don't care if it's a group of white guys, chinese guys, arabir or pakistani guys. The race is irrelevant, the faith is irrelevant...there are no racial or religious restrictions placed on people that make or prevent them from being child molestors.

the world doesn't work that way...all should be exposed. Nobody cried racist when a bunch of white catholic priests were exposed for this stuff so why apply these bizarre rules when they're asian or muslim?

You know what, that's the crux of the whole issue and the point I've been making since I got involved with this thread.

I actually haven't seen many people claim that what Tommy is reporting is false, in fact the crimes his reporting seems to be completely irrelevant to many people.

What does seem to be important to them is the person reporting...this is people. If someone unpopular or unsavoury comes and tells "people" something quite important then "people" prefer to simply be dicks to the person telling them simply because they don't like that particular person.

The entire point is missed or ignored completely.

You tell me that - yes, I shouldn't care! It's disinfo...

So you prove to me that it's disinfo, if you can't then you're the one who is propagating a falsehood and disinfo, you're actively putting out disinfo to distract people like me from something that's actually very important, so I implore that if you cannot prove the allegation that Tommy is propagating disinfo in this particular case will you instead tell me what your motives are for doing so?

edit on 29/5/2018 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LungFuMoShi
I come with biases, too.

I'm guessing, since you deem it appropriate to advertise the fact that you're a scot, that you're like many of the people I grew up around and have an inherent disliking for anyone who stands up for English or British values.

You can deny it if you like but I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to my own particluar biases.

Scotland is a country full of people who align themselves with terrorists and like to think of themselves as freedom fighters.

I grew up around people like that...it's fairly common in this country...it's retarded but what ya gonna do?

I have an inherent dislike of Robinson's lack of values. If you think his views represent English or British values that says far more about you than me.
edit on 29-5-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I'm talking about perception management and, more specifically, about Chomskys book "Manufacturing Consent". My whole point just flew over your head, I'll promise to try harder.

I'm not being bombarded with anything regarding the war on terror.

Guess why? It's not because you're not watching the news, it's because they don't bring up that topic. And there would be people demanding change pretty quickly if they would. They are manufacturing consent right there. This is how our perception is being managed, repetition is the key here.

This...is about organised grooming gangs in the uk. It's about children being abused...that's what this is about.

Read the OP - ATS member hypothetically alerting authorities about certain ATS members and their opinions. That's what I see.

Nobody cried racist when a bunch of white catholic priests were exposed for this stuff so why apply these bizarre rules when they're asian or muslim?

Prove that there are bizarre rules at play? I'm not buying it, same old racism and corruption in my part of Europe. What's your source? And don't say Tommy.

edit on 29-5-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

That argument works the other way around as well. There is a certain degree of denial involved when you can't talk about Thatcher covering up an elite pedo ring. Probably something for the Peoples Defense League then?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Read the OP - ATS member hypothetically alerting authorities about certain ATS members and their opinions. That's what I see.

Is that what you see.

Shoe me once where I said I would turn anyone in?

I said if they felt strongly about online posts potentially swaying juror opinions, perhaps they should turn themselves in.

I also said repeatedly I feel people are rightfully speaking there beliefs and I believe in everyones freedom of speech.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Is that what you see.

I said if they felt strongly about online posts potentially swaying juror opinions, perhaps they should turn themselves in.

I also said repeatedly I feel people are rightfully speaking there beliefs and I believe in everyones freedom of speech.

Do you believe that you should be able to break laws you don't agree with and without consequence ?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

That's not a bias that's a fact, and it's also not the full extent of Mr Robinsons criminal activities or record.

If your are so concerned about "pedo's on fb etc with zero proof whatsoever" why don't you take your own advise and start a thread about that?

I'm not concerned about anything, i think the guy got his just deserts, and whats more he pretty much asked for it to happen.

Hence my belief that this could quite possibly be a PR stunt performed by Robinson for the attentions he most obviously craves in spades.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Grambler

Is that what you see.

Do you believe that you should be able to break laws you don't agree with and without consequence ?

No did I say I did?

I cited the law and it seems to me that people on here may be breaking it, like tommy did.

I would never turn them in, but if you feel that way, perhaps you should turn yourself in toallow the prosectors to make the final decision.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

It's pretty cut and dry you break the law you get arrested, I could find all sorts of laws that are stupid in America and no doubt in Australia as well, I think you are trying to apply American standards to English standards and hence why you ate so outraged.

I would say it's a say it's a simple case of obey the law of the land or be prepared to be arrested.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's pretty cut and dry you break the law you get arrested, I could find all sorts of laws that are stupid in America and no doubt in Australia as well, I think you are trying to apply American standards to English standards and hence why you ate so outraged.

I would say it's a say it's a simple case of obey the law of the land or be prepared to be arrested.

Sure!

Dont dare speak up against the queens authority, or be silenced and jailed! And then we will jail anyone who reports on us throwing you in jail!

Home of the Magna carta!!!

Hahaha!

Oh, and dont worry, if you are a child rape gang, we will let you go unscathed for at least 30 years, beacuse we dont want to be seen as racist for stopping you!

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join