It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK ATS members declaring Tommy Robinson guilty should turn themselves in to be arrested

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Therefore, I feel that because these people are so concerned with not swaying any opinion on an upcoming court case, they should immediately turn themselves in to the UK authorities, with evidence of their crimes on the threads here on ATS.

The free speech crowd has spoken.
Can we have an Amen to that, please?

AMEN!

#Pillory2.0

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The main problem with your post is that you forgot to point out that those supporting Tommy Robinson would theoretically be guilty as well. Yet another problem is that he was streaming near the courthouse and has a history of disrupting court cases near the courthouse, including harassing people involved in the cases in person.

So we are in a different realm here, you are talking about the media gag order on Tommy Robinson. Can you prove it applies to individuals using private social media, not news? Everywhere I read said it was a gag order on the media only.
edit on 28pmMon, 28 May 2018 18:23:30 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 28pmMon, 28 May 2018 18:29:26 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake Can you prove it applies to individuals using private social media, not news? Everywhere I read said it was a gag order on the media only.

There we go, case closed, no big deal, nothing to worry about, just go about your business... a little shorter of breath... a little shorter of breath... until we all choke.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

There was a gag order on reporting on Tommys case and sentence, and that is very disturbing in its own right.

But that is not what I am referring to.

Many people criticizing tommy on the other thread cited the 1981 contempt act that I listed on the OP, saying that the original problem with what he did was commenting on this case which would sway potential jurors.

They proclaimed with great fervor that Tommy could have helped get these alleged groomers off by swaying jurors opinions, and therefore he should be silenced and jailed.

My point is that in the same way, by proclaiming tommys guilt, these people also could be jeopardizing jurors opinions when tommy faces a jury, and thereby they are breaking the same law they accused tommy of.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I find your logic to be flawed. For one, Tommy Robinson has a history of going out of his way to interfere with court cases. He goes on location to the courthouses during trials and has, in the past, even attempted to reveal the identities of those protected by law.

By being at or near the courthouse while doing reporting, he has a much higher chance of influencing the court case than simply posting on ATS. From his actions, it might even be surmised that he is trying to get arrested to bring attention to himself and that his intent is to interfere with the court cases in question.

The reason Tommy Robinson was arrested is because he was, once again, streaming near the courthouse. There was also a media ban on reporting on this particular case at the time.

Combine this with his prior history and the fact that he was near the courthouse, that all sets him apart from someone from Britain on ATS.

If someone turns themselves in, they have to have violated the law. There is, in fact, a media ban on the Tommy Robinson case.

However, it only applies to media outlets. I doubt it applies to a private individual posting in a forum.

However, if someone on ATS who was against Tommy Robinson started rabble-rousing at the courthouse during his trial and streaming to YouTube, while there was a gag order in place, and with a history of causing trouble in the past at other trials, you can bet they would be arrested as well.
edit on 28pmMon, 28 May 2018 20:12:10 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 28pmMon, 28 May 2018 20:32:49 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

I’m just talking about the law and the fact that Tommy Robinson violated it enough to be arrested while those on ATS, from either point of view, have not.

As far as media gag orders in general go, at this moment in time I am against them. However, I am also against someone who goes out of their way to actively provoke people near courthouses and interfere with court cases at the court house to the extent Tommy Robinson has a history of doing. That has a high chance of interfering with a court case, in fact, you could say it is his goal.

Why am I against media gag orders? Because for one, people are still going to spread information through social media, making them outdated. For another, they could potentially cause more problems than they solve.

However, reasonable efforts still need to be taken to ensure that the members of the jury are impartial and haven’t been influenced by media. This is central to the justice system. In the U.S., members of a jury are instructed not to read or watch media related to their case and during jury selection, they are vetted to make sure they have no bias. It is hard to not be exposed to media if someone like Tommy Robinson shows up at the courthouse steps trying to harass and interview people involved in the case.
edit on 28pmMon, 28 May 2018 20:24:29 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 28pmMon, 28 May 2018 20:25:50 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You're defending criminals now, Okeydokey, you know there are plenty of criminals in your own country that need your support .

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You're defending criminals now, Okeydokey, you know there are plenty of criminals in your own country that need your support .

He got rekt.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

I'm just quite surprised, grambler likes to paint himself as a fair , honest law abiding citizen, funny it's always the ones you least suspect.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

The media embargo the authorities put on Tommy Robinson along with the biggest sex trafficking scandal in the UK this century is utterly ridiculous. What are they so afraid of? This trial should be the biggest story in the UK right now. Why are Brits so complacent and just put up with this #?

edit on 29-5-2018 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Tell Me if you can, the top picture in your meme was that before, during or after the courts verdict? Then if you can tell us about the bottom pic...

I'm going to take a wild guess and so no you cannot as you most likely pulled the meme from infowars.
edit on 29-5-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: DieGloke

So he was arrested, charged and sentenced in like 4 hours over something he might do... not something he did?

If that's the truth I am astonished... and a little horrified.

In the the UK it caused "conspiracy". Basically if there is sufficient evidence that a crime is about to happen the police can pick you up, it been part of UK law for a long time. I don't exactly agree with the concept, but it is what it is.

What happened is there is a vert delicate trial going on, the prosecutors and government don't want it messed up and a bunch of pedos walking, which would cause a massive crap storm.

When the CPS (prosecutors) found out Tommy Robinson was about to enter the court room they likely # a brick that he was going to accidentally tank their trial and so got him picked up.

So it’s collusion!

Hey, you guys hAve the same bs laws we do!

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: DieGloke

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Don’t confuse culture with religion. They are not synonymous. Sometimes a culture tries to abduct and warp a religion. That’s not the religion’s fault.

Yeah but Mohamed they all worship was still a pedophile.

Man you must have missed Game of Thrones.
Child brides were the norn up until the last 150 years or so.

Yeah but most people don't worship the people that took them

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Heh... I will tell you what...

If you feel that strongly about it, report me yourself. Or, you know, shut the hole from which your latest round of apologist tripe came.

He is unfit to be called my countryman, his patriotism is nothing but hatred with a posh frock on, and the man should be exiled from these lands. Go ahead, tell my government I said as much. I really do not care.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

If you feel that strongly about it, report me yourself. Or, you know, shut the hole from which your latest round of apologist tripe came.

He is unfit to be called my countryman, his patriotism is nothing but hatred with a posh frock on, and the man should be exiled from these lands. Go ahead, tell my government I said as much. I really do not care.

Sounds like your hatred is way past the levels of Tommy Robinson.
Right now, extremists don't get to decide which citizens get exiled, however, it's no surprise to hear this extremist tripe from you. You're far more dangerous than Tommy Robinson.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

If thats how you feel, I only have one question for you...

Do you actually like Hugo Boss, or do you just wear it because in your circles, its expected of you?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

EVERYONE should be entitled to free speech no matter how repulsive and hate filled., including Tommy Robinson and you.

You fight extremism and hatred by discussion and putting it in the spot light, openly discussing it and pulling it apart.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

So he was arrested because it was thought he WOULD do something .. that he had not done yet. Yes, that is taking justice very serious indeed.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

My point is that in the same way, by proclaiming tommys guilt, these people also could be jeopardizing jurors opinions when tommy faces a jury, and thereby they are breaking the same law they accused tommy of.

You think the whole jury is reading our threads or what? LOL.

Evil ATSliens sway courthouse opinions with all the verbal violence you could imagine, right? Right? ... Right? Thanks for the free free-speech giggles though! You need more rope or something? Anything, man! Anything, just ask?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Oh look, more tough guy talk from ATS's resident celebrator of murder for people they disagree with!

Yes just like we know you believe all trump supporters are nazi supporters and many deserve to die, you also feel that it would be good for Tommy to die in prison.

Of course, you show much more anger for people like this than, oh I dont know, child rapists.

I will not report you, because I believe in free speech and am disgusted by the jailing of Tommy and the courts insistence that no one discuss it.

I am merely pointing out that if you all find the potnetial swaying of jurors so seriously, that you should not possibly sway them by speaking of tommys guilt, and should report yourselves to make sure that you are not committing a crime.

As usual, a different set of rules for you lot than the people you disagree with.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join