It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK ATS members declaring Tommy Robinson guilty should turn themselves in to be arrested

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Tommy Robinson was apparently charged under the 1981 contempt of court Act.

Here is an article showing supposedly exactly what he was charged for.

Contempt of court is a criminal offence that can see people jailed for speeches or publications that create a "substantial risk that the course of justice in the proceedings in question will be seriously impeded or prejudiced".

www.independent.co.uk...

Here is the relevant parts of the 1981 Contempt of court act (read the while thing though I encourage you)

Contempt of Court Act 1981
1981 CHAPTER 49

Strict liability
1 The strict liability rule.

In this Act “the strict liability rule” means the rule of law whereby conduct may be treated as a contempt of court as tending to interfere with the course of justice in particular legal proceedings regardless of intent to do so.
2 Limitation of scope of strict liability.

(1)The strict liability rule applies only in relation to publications, and for this purpose “publication” includes any speech, writing, [F1programme included in a cable programme service] or other communication in whatever form, which is addressed to the public at large or any section of the public.

(2)The strict liability rule applies only to a publication which creates a substantial risk that the course of justice in the proceedings in question will be seriously impeded or prejudiced.

(3)The strict liability rule applies to a publication only if the proceedings in question are active within the meaning of this section at the time of the publication.

(4)Schedule 1 applies for determining the times at which proceedings are to be treated as active within the meaning of this section.

www.legislation.gov.uk...

Now keep in mind, was tommy placing his reporting tin the Guardian, the BBC, or some other main stream publication? No. He was streaming to Facebook. But that alone was enough to find him guilty of this crime.

Now lets look at all of the UK members on this thread declaring that not only is Tommy guilty of this crime, but he is a racist, a nazi, and other horrible things.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ats, like facebook, is basically a type of social media blog.

From the info page on ATS.

With 309,685 members generating 19,258,665 posts of substance (minimal contributions are not allowed) that cover 1,054,473 topics in 170 different discussion forums, you could say "the truth is in here."

Now the language in the law that Tommy was arrested for says "substantial risk that the course of justice in the proceedings in question will be seriously impeded or prejudiced"

I would say telling over 300 thousand people he is a guilty racist would fall under that catergopry. In addition, every person that was told this may also spread that message to other platforms, making the amount of people that hear about his guilt exponential.

Now notice the people declaring tommy guilty seem VERY concerned with the rights of no one influencing anyone of the guilt of accused child rapists, because the system needs to assure that no potential jurors have their opinion swayed by this.

And yet in the same breath, they seek to sway potential jurors in any trial of Tommy that may arise based on his charges.

Therefore, I feel that because these people are so concerned with not swaying any opinion on an upcoming court case, they should immediately turn themselves in to the UK authorities, with evidence of their crimes on the threads here on ATS. I would be happy to assist these people by describing how their claims of Tommy being a nazi and his guilt did sway my opinion to show that they very well could have swayed potential jurors.

edit on 28-5-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The government will never arrest those doing it's bidding! At least until they are the last left....

+8 more 
posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
He was picked up not necessarily because what he said but rather because he indicated that he was going to go into the courtroom itself, any disruption within the courtroom could cause a mistrial.

Unlike the USA, the UK takes it's right to a fair trial seriously.

If he is such a darling in the USA maybe you should grant him USA citizenship and take him for yourself's?

+45 more 
posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

So he was arrested, charged and sentenced in like 4 hours over something he might do... not something he did?

If that's the truth I am astonished... and a little horrified.

+17 more 
posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke
He was picked up not necessarily because what he said but rather because he indicated that he was going to go into the courtroom itself, any disruption within the courtroom could cause a mistrial.

Unlike the USA, the UK takes it's right to a fair trial seriously.

If he is such a darling in the USA maybe you should grant him USA citizenship and take him for yourself's?

Please show proof of your claim here.

I did not see him say he was going in to the court, so please post proof of that.

+34 more 
posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

So he was arrested, charged and sentenced in like 4 hours over something he might do... not something he did?

Yea, that's the disturbing thing about this. These people who believe Nazi's are around every corner and everyone who disagrees with them is a racist are openly applauding a government who is just snatching people off the street for speech!
Stalin and Mao would be very proud of this BS....

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

In the the UK it caused "conspiracy". Basically if there is sufficient evidence that a crime is about to happen the police can pick you up, it been part of UK law for a long time. I don't exactly agree with the concept, but it is what it is.

What happened is there is a vert delicate trial going on, the prosecutors and government don't want it messed up and a bunch of pedos walking, which would cause a massive crap storm.

When the CPS (prosecutors) found out Tommy Robinson was about to enter the court room they likely # a brick that he was going to accidentally tank their trial and so got him picked up.
edit on 28-5-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Yea, that's the disturbing thing about this. These people who believe Nazi's are around every corner and everyone who disagrees with them is a racist are openly applauding a government who is just snatching people off the street for speech!
Stalin and Mao would be very proud of this BS....

I never said he was a NAZI. Just you don't mess with a ongoing court case in the UK.

+40 more 
posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Unlike the USA, the UK takes it's right to a fair trial seriousl

Yeah right...kinda like it takes its immigration policies seriously.

+3 more 
posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I get they were concerned and I can even understand that... but to arrest and sentence over a might happen when security could have refused him entry, Seems like they went over board in the wrong direction.

+11 more 
posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Thought crimes are real and penalized in the UK.

*shrugs*

Their country, their laws, I suppose.

It should illustrate how important free expression is though. Especially when we see situations where it is punished.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

We never implemented a patriot act or NDAA which suspends trial rights and allows torture. Nor do we turn our court rooms into media circuses or let our head of state make comments on ongoing court cases

And the fact we left the EU, means we take our border very seriously. Its harder now to get into the UK than the USA.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I get they were concerned and I can even understand that... but to arrest and sentence over a might happen when security could have refused him entry, Seems like they went over board in the wrong direction.

Yeah maybe they went overboard. Still don't tangle with the UK court system. He should really of found a better venue for his protest. A court case there they are doing what he wants is not the best place.

+4 more 
posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I am somewhat disturbed by the support for this muppet. The man's a criminal who uses a fake name and who co-founded a failed political movement that is now composed of former football hooligans and other assorted trash.

+4 more 
posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Mr Robinson was given a suspended sentence for contempt of court in May 2017 after he tried to film four men who were on trial accused of raping a teenage girl.

He broke the conditions of his suspended sentence so the sentence was un-suspended.

Footage showed Mr Robinson being led to the back of a police van and he could be heard shouting to a friend: “Please, George, get me a solicitor, I’m on a suspended sentence, you see.”
www.thesun.co.uk...

Not even Tommy is above the law.

+2 more 
posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke

originally posted by: BestinShow

We never implemented a patriot act or NDAA which suspends trial rights and allows torture. Nor do we turn our court rooms into media circuses or let our head of state make comments on ongoing court cases

And the fact we left the EU, means we take our border very seriously. Its harder now to get into the UK than the USA.

But you will support your government snatching someone off the street for "wrong speak"? You didn't leave the EU yet, you voted to leave and your corrupt government is dragging it's feet to do so..

+36 more 
posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
I am somewhat disturbed by the support for this muppet. The man's a criminal who uses a fake name and who co-founded a failed political movement that is now composed of former football hooligans and other assorted trash.

Im disturbed by a community of people that have admitted thousands of children have been raped for decades, and that in many cases not only was the authorities turning a blind eye to this, but they were sanctioning the few authorities that spoke up, and treating the victims like guilty prostitutes, and yet have more animosity for a man speaking up about this than the rapists themselves.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

But you will support your government snatching someone off the street for "wrong speak"?

nothing to do with wrong speak. He was already on a suspended sentences and ordered to keep away from ongoing trials. He failed to comply with his court sentence and went to cause trouble at a ongoing trial.
Nothing to do with "wrong speak", its a idiot that could not comply with a simple 10 month suspended sentence .

You didn't leave the EU yet, you voted to leave and your corrupt government is dragging it's feet to do so..

A 2 year withdrawal time was always going to happen. It was written into law. You don't just leave the EU in one day. It would be like a USA state leaving, a lot needs to be ironed out for the benefit of both parties.
edit on 28-5-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yes he was on a suspeded sentence and if he broke the law agaoin, he would have the sentence reinstated.

So what law did he break? The contempt of court law I cited in the OP.

The same law that has been broken by every UK member on ATS that has proclaimed Tommy guilty and potentially swayed jurors.

SO I am sure you agree, not even these ATS members are above the law, and they should turn themselves in.

+5 more 
posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

So what law did he break?

He was told by the court last year not to do it again , by standing outside the court live streaming he was doing it again.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join