It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TWITTER HORROR: Chelsea Manning Tweets Suicide Note and Picture of Herself on Ledge of a Tall Buildi

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Ok then, I'll just call you a bigot. You should have no problem with that right? That's perfectly in line with the views you're espousing.

Yes you should be free to believe in what you want.

If you truly believe Iknowitall's actions to fall within the definition of a bigot, then you certainly are within your rights as a human being to "call them a bigot".

But it seems like You are the one who is intolerant of iknowitall having that particular view. Iknowitall has shown no intolerance, (and in fact claims to show courtesy to transgenders) merely an opinion.

Once again, the "love and tolerance" crowd rears its ASS into the situation 🤣✌

Oh, so you're part of the "I'm going to be an asshole, and f everyone who calls me out on it" crowd?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Did he died?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Did he died?

No, but her attempt at a political career is likely over. Too bad too, she underwent great risk to stop illegal military action, was tortured in prison by her own country for years on end without access to any sort of legal defense, and served the military in a war zone. Would have made a good senator.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If a guy is willing to cut off sex organs how stable can they truly be? Where the only animal on the planet into self mutilations. Why because we have people with severe mental disorders. So they remove body parts or get body manipulation like adding spikes to there face. You cant convince me this is rational behavior.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
i'm sure none of you oh-so-clear thinkers will take a fraction of this onboard, but what the hey, it should be put out there at least once in this thread;

SO many of you are ranting about mental disorders and trans people needing help, did you know that it's accepted medical wisdom that the best way to cure trans people is to believe them and help them transition? like it's literally right there in the Doctor's Handbook - Trans = Legit, Transition = Beneficial.
I'm sure a lot of you will turn your nose up at that, because it's only medical professionals saying it, only people with decades of experience of healing people, only the most respected body of physicians on the planet, instead of some random dude with a youtube channel and questionable facial hair
and i'm sure you're all gonna be like WeLl ThE mEdIcAl InDuStRiAl CoMpLeX
but you GOTTA understand that you sound literally exactly the same as Flat Earthers
i'm not exaggerating even slightly; you think you're being rational but you're babbling about a wall of ice around the continents. for real.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

You know I used to get really upset at some of the antiquated and often bigoted views espoused by some of the debilitatingly paranoid neck beards that frequent this once great bastion of the weird, strange and suspicious. I’ve since learned to let it go and look to the real world for compassion and validation. Knock on wood I have yet to have a real world negative experience as a result of being Trans. Men hold doors while smiling at me all the time, I catch them looking at my butt other times and sometimes they flat out solicit me for a date. I’ve used public restrooms from the East to West coast and never had an issue not once, but I do stay vigilant and move quickly for fear of that lurking bathroom vigilante husband loitering near the entrance.

This place isn’t representative of the majority of the populace but rather a stronghold for the remnants of a dying breed of dusty, crusty, paranoid old relics fearful of change and progress. So when I need to shed the dirty feeling I get from sliming around in the muck here with the slugs I merely need to step into the real world. There I am reminded that there is still some goodness in the world, that most of us are just doing our best to survive on this huge rock spinning in circles around a giant fireball in the middle of the vacuumous void of space. A smile and a kind word can make all the difference in the world sometimes. You never know what a person is going/been through and that kindness may just save a life one day.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

SO many of you are ranting about mental disorders and trans people needing help...

They do need help.

...did you know that it's accepted medical wisdom that the best way to cure trans people is to believe them and help them transition? like it's literally right there in the Doctor's Handbook - Trans = Legit, Transition = Beneficial.

Pretty much everyone knows that transitioning is the current conventional medical wisdom... by the best doctors that money can buy. As long as there is a financial incentive for recommending transitioning -- and note, this is literally a LIFETIME financial incentive as the "treatment" is ongoing -- then the current conventional medical wisdom is suspect just like all medical "wisdom" is now suspect because the entire system has been compromised and exploited.

I'm sure a lot of you will turn your nose up at that, because it's only medical professionals saying it, only people with decades of experience of healing people, only the most respected body of physicians on the planet, instead of some random dude with a youtube channel and questionable facial hair

Medical professionals are not gods. They are subject to the same human frailties and failings as the rest of us. Even their best opinion is limited by their knowledge and their own biases. The most that can be honestly said is that transitioning is the "best" treatment they know right now. It does not mean it is the optimal treatment.

The truth is that far more research needs to be done, and that much research that could prove very valuable in understanding and treating the condition is not being done. Even what research has been done is limited, in large part because participants in follow-up studies drop out for one reason or another, or because of the known flaws in self-reporting, etc.

And while you may turn your nose up at the facts, the simple truth is that transitioning is not the one-size-fits-all bandaid that too many folks make it out to be. Not only does it NOT provide the desired relief for too many people, but it causes its own problems, compounding the original issues. And let's not forget that the synthetic hormones used to transition are poisoning our water supplies, and causing adverse reactions for the rest of the population -- along with the many, many other endocrine-disrupters polluting our air, soil, water and food.

This isn't as simple as you make it out to be.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

hot damn, you took my flat earth assertion and added some Chemicals In The Water Turning The Frogs Gay on top of it???
one flavour of bat guano nuts just not enough for you hey?
that's BOLD have a star

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
If a guy is willing to cut off sex organs how stable can they truly be? Where the only animal on the planet into self mutilations. Why because we have people with severe mental disorders. So they remove body parts or get body manipulation like adding spikes to there face. You cant convince me this is rational behavior.

By the same token, humans are also the only animals on the planet that devote time to worshiping an invisible deity for which there is no existential evidence. Ironically one of the oldest of those religions is Judaism; which began the ritual self mutilation practice of circumcision several millennia ago.

One could make the argument that such behavior is not rational and represents a disordered mental state. However, it is accepted as a standard part of the human condition.

Our understanding of the human psyche is a constantly evolving process. Practices and behaviors that were once considered taboo, or were viewed as an indication of ones instability, are being reexamined in a more enlightened context and found to also be a standard part of the human condition.

-dex

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

hot damn, you took my flat earth assertion and added some Chemicals In The Water Turning The Frogs Gay on top of it???
one flavour of bat guano nuts just not enough for you hey?
that's BOLD have a star

And this is exactly what worries me so about the current "conventional" wisdom... you are obviously well aware of this problem. And don't care. Flat earther? Me??? Nope. I'm not the one ignoring fundamental truths for a preferred conclusion.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
I'm not the one ignoring fundamental truths for a preferred conclusion.

anybody not thoroughly immersed in the incoherent paranoiac transphobia that's all the rage around here lately can see exactly what you are from your own damning words.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I know you want to keep ignoring this fact, but the VAST majority of trans people are happy with their transition. Sure, there may be a few things that bug them that couldn’t be fixed, but overall, they are so much happier.

There have been several (5-10?) trans people who have posted on this site, and all of them have said how much better their lives were after they transitioned, because their dysphoria was greatly alleviated. And all of them have also stated that the only problems they had were prejudices from family/society.

I have personally known many trans people in my life, and they all agreed that they were unhappy pre-transition - happy post-transition.

There is a major survey out there of hundreds of trans people in the U.S., and the vast majority of them reported they were a lot happier after transitioning. They also reported that what made them feel suicidal was negative treatment by others, especially their families.

There is a reason why transitioning is the accepted medical method. The vast majority of the time, it works. If it was so unsuccessful, they wouldn’t keep doing it.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

And let's not forget that the synthetic hormones used to transition are poisoning our water supplies, and causing adverse reactions for the rest of the population -- along with the many, many other endocrine-disrupters polluting our air, soil, water and food.

We cannot fairly place blame on transitioning people for adding water pollutants, without also blaming women on birth control pills, hormone replacement therapy, prescription drugs for man woman child animal and agricultural uses.
I refuse to feel guilty for taking birth control, therefore someone born in the wrong body also shouldn't be coerced into guilt for synthetic hormones.
Put that blame on the lack of research into how to properly filter water/sewage...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

We cannot fairly place blame on transitioning people for adding water pollutants, without also blaming women on birth control pills, hormone replacement therapy, prescription drugs for man woman child animal and agricultural uses.

Of course not. Hence the reason I specifically stated --

..along with the many, many other endocrine-disrupters polluting our air, soil, water and food.

But more important, it's not the transgender persons responsible for the continuing pollution of our environment; it's those who keep allowing it -- encouraging it even! -- and refusing to acknowledge and address the problems which result.

I refuse to feel guilty for taking birth control, therefore someone born in the wrong body also shouldn't be coerced into guilt for synthetic hormones.

Okay... gotcha.

Put that blame on the lack of research into how to properly filter water/sewage...

Reverse-osmosis systems remove many/most pharmaceutical contaminants. As do carbon filters. There may be more. The technology is there -- just not the political will to make it happen. Just look at Flint, Michigan and their lead problems, which could also be effectively removed from the water supply with an RO system.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I know you want to keep ignoring this fact, but the VAST majority of trans people are happy with their transition. Sure, there may be a few things that bug them that couldn’t be fixed, but overall, they are so much happier.

I'm not ignoring any facts. And as I understand it, the best you can honestly say is that the vast majority of reporting transgenders are happy with their transition.

And this is also only to say that they are "happier" with their transition; we cannot know and therefore cannot say that they are "happiest" transitioning... as in there may be better (as yet unknown) options, especially for those who are NOT happy with their transition.

But don't worry, I won't accuse YOU of wanting to ignore THAT fact.

Another truth, which I am quite sure you also know, is that transgender persons... or even persons who are not necessarily "transgender" but do experience some gender dysphoria... are not so easily lumped together. Like all individuals, our sum total is a combination of things, including nature vs. nurture. Many with gender dysphoria do not want to transition or even be transgender. They just want to feel good in their own body as born.

Unfortunately, the medical industry is not interested in actually healing the dysphoria for those who wish to be healed.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

anybody not thoroughly immersed in the incoherent paranoiac transphobia that's all the rage around here lately can see exactly what you are from your own damning words.

Silly wabbit.

I will happily admit to my confirmation bias: It's against the corrupt medical establishment and the even more corrupt political critters. As well as "conventional wisdom" itself.

I'm happy to accept people for who they are, as long as they're not hurting anyone.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

What would make them happiest is if their physical body had originally developed to match their brain.

So someday, maybe scans can be done in utero, to diagnose the problem and fix it so the body matches the brain from the very beginning. We’re a loooooong way away from that ideal though. Until that technology exists, this is the best treatment we have.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

What would make them happiest is if their physical body had originally developed to match their brain.

And/or vice versa -- but definitely.

So someday, maybe scans can be done in utero, to diagnose the problem and fix it so the body matches the brain from the very beginning. We’re a loooooong way away from that ideal though. Until that technology exists, this is the best treatment we have.

An ounce of prevention is always better than a pound of cure, so yes. But we would have to be pretty darn careful about it. I can see a host of problems there as well. Including those who might use their own judgment to decide who needs to be masculinized or feminized and to what degree...

Which brings us back to societal standards, and how much society's gender standards/expectations play into this, and basically trying to tell others who they really are or should be based solely on their genitalia.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join