It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush, Friend or Foe, quest for truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Well, I've gone through post after post on our current president, Bush. And I'm still confused as to how to feel about him. I thought I'd try a little different approach to figuring this guy out with this post. What I want to do is cut through the emotions about him, and get to the actual truth, so we know who he is and what he stands for. In other words, this isn't the "I hate Bush", or "I love Bush" post. And it's not about how good or bad he looked on camera. It's about the facts so we can draw a better conclusion of him.

What I'd like to see in this post is very very simple.

1) Results - What is this guy factually doing and what are the results of his actions. Also include things like what laws has Bush helped support since being in office? And how have these laws affected people in this world.

This covers a broad amount of topics, but it is a fair way of evaluating his performance, and hopefully will help us understand whether he is a friend or foe.

Troy

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Bush has factually gone into Iraq wiped out half of Baghdad and the result is thousands of dead Americans and Iraqis. Most people can agree he did a good think taking out Sadam but Sadams long gone but Bush is still there destroying the place.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
He is an idealogical fool. Karl pulls the strings with Dick in Bush while all three get fat checks from various sources for their beneficial policies to certain groups and corporations. Sorry, but there are never facts in politics.

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Caldron of Hate]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
What do I feel about Bush.

He could be ok. Should really stop invading placeses, maybe time will tell.

lol.!

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yekway
What do I feel about Bush.

He could be ok. Should really stop invading placeses, maybe time will tell.

lol.!

Just be happy that you live in London and don't face the consequences of his actions directly. We here in states suffer his policies. Those in the war's suffer even more though, way more. They live in hell everyday, if its anything like Nam.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Thanks guys for your input. I know it might be hard to get at facts sometimes, when they are sometimes hidden. I hope to hear more input.

Peace,

Troy

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
some informative reading for you and a very good short video

In a recent press conference, George Bush was asked if he had made any mistakes during his presidency. He couldn't come up with any off the top of his head. So this is a compiled video to refresh his memory.
George W. Bush Mistaken all his lies, check the video out.

The Broken Promises of George W. Bush

Bush Family Involvement in Reagan Assassination Attempt

[edit on 20/2/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I think Bush will back off now. The point has been made. The money has, and will, be made for the military industrial complex. If he goes into any more countries, ie: Syria, Iran, NK, he's freaking nuts. Don't see it happening. I think he'll be breaching bridges this term. Remember, there will be another election in a few years.
VN showed what happens with sustained war, the people get tired of it.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Not just a sustained war, but a war in which the U.S. has no interest. WW2 was a sustained war, but U.S. interests were involved--compared with Vietnam where there were no U.S. interests involved. South Vietnam fell to the Communists anyway, and Vietnam has been under Communist rule for years, and it has posed no threat to the U.S. whatsoever.

Sadam Hussein did pose a threat but not an immanent threat. In my opinion, a N. Korea and Iran with nuclear weapons pose more of a threat now than Sadam Hussein did when we invaded.

I disagree with our intervention in Iraq, but certain objective observations must be made. Most of the Iraqis killed (not including Sadam loyalists) have been killed by terrorists not by U.S. soldiers. Granted, some innocent Iraqis have died by the hand of the U.S. military, but sadly it impossible to avoid such consequences in a war.

The real fact is that Bush has reneged on his 2000 campaign promises. In 2000, Bush promised a "humble foreign policy," and he rejected a Wilsonian foreign policy of interventionism. Many conservatives delighted over these statements but now Bush has proven to be an empty proimse to many conservatives, including myself.

[edit on 2/21/2005 by XX_SicSemperTyrannis_XX]

top topics

join