It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: 'Catastrophic' Flash Floods Hit Ellicot City & Catonsville Maryland...UNREAL!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 27 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Wow, this looks really bad. Terrible situation for the folks living in these areas. Check out the insane videos below the link.

The areas of Ellicott City and Catonsville, outside Baltimore, were experiencing "catastrophic flash flooding," with another forecasted surge of water "imminent," according to the National Weather Service (NWS).

A state of emergency was declared in Maryland on Sunday as "catastrophic" flash floods and dramatic water rescues unfolded in and around Ellicott City amid heavy rains.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I came across that a little bit ago. Just crazy. I wouldn't have expected to see that in Baltimore.

Hopefully people were able to get to safety in time.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

What's really crazy, is that they had it bad in 2016 too!

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Dang it! I thought it was heavy rain. Me bad!

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Good lord...

I got nothing but hope everyone had enough warning to reach high enough ground, that is crazy.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Yes yes ... Sarc was full on

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Since this is the second flood in 3 years, will the residents remain there, and prepare for the next big flood?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I am sure they will.. much like the people in New Orleans, or south Florida.

I am just curious what has changed to bring floods like this, once is a It happens moment... twice is a trend.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

In parts of the country, I hear that manmade changes to the terrain, for housing and other things, makes flooding easier to happen, and more severe when it does happen. Maybe that part of Maryland is the victim of man-made terrain modifications.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Thank gob that lady didn't drop her phone..phew..

close one there..

I hope everyone else is safe too...

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I came across that a little bit ago. Just crazy. I wouldn't have expected to see that in Baltimore.

Hopefully people were able to get to safety in time.

It's not really near Baltimore. It's up in the hills in the very rural parts well outside of Baltimore, and it's bascally a town that is situated in a steep canyon.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
That is some serious flooding! I saw that type of flash flooding May ‘15 in Austin (that sh#t was legit biblical), but this is a close second... could be numero uno, if that “imminent” surge of water becomes reality.

Shoutout to my DMV peeps that may have family, friends, etc. and hoping for the best.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

What's really crazy, is that they had it bad in 2016 too!

It's really not crazy- the town is in a deep canyon. That woman in the video is crazy though. What took her so long to ditch her car?? Those people were risking their lives to help her and she just kept sitting in her car. She's too dumb to have a license if she thought her car could ride that out.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Irishhaf

In parts of the country, I hear that manmade changes to the terrain, for housing and other things, makes flooding easier to happen, and more severe when it does happen. Maybe that part of Maryland is the victim of man-made terrain modifications.

Nope. The town is just situated in a canyon (I live near and have been to Ellicott City many times). This will happen again, just as it's happened before.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm so *ing confused right now.
The fact that I'm seeing this thread (and certain responses within it) is a massive coincidence right now. Last night I literally prayed to anything that might be listening for a sign regarding a huge life-changing decision I have to make, and today I was looking at Ellicott city and Catonsville. I don't know if the universe is telling me to move there or to stay the hell away.
Do I... just assume it's all a meaningless coincidence? Or do I assume this flood is that sign that I asked for? I DON'T KNOW. UGH.
edit on 5/27/2018 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Plus they're ratbird fans

top topics

<<   2 >>

join