It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands from far right and Berlin's techno scene face off in rival rallies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Big Protests went down in Berlin over Germany's immigration, accepting over one million refugees since 2015. The clash was between Germany's rising right wing political party, the Alternative for Germany (AfD), and counter protesters from all walks of life, eg opposing political parties, students, unions, immigration advocates, and Germany's legendary techo scene!

It was the typical political protest/demonstration, Right v Left, even had it's own so called Left wing militants calling for chaos online to cause a disruption (guess Germany's own ANTIFA), and the Lefties calling the Righties Nazi's, throwing around the racism card all the while the Righties were chanting that "Merkel Must Go" and "We Are The People". Riot police were dispatch to control the the large crowd of activists from both sides, probably altogether in the pall bark of 20,000 +/-. Nothing we haven't seen and discussed before, until now!

The best part of the article, in my opinion;

www.theguardian.com...

One of the loudest counter-demonstrations was organised by some 100 clubs from Berlin’s legendary techno scene, who were using boats and floats on the River Spree and a convoy of DJ-carrying trucks to “bass away” the AfD.

“The Berlin club culture is everything that Nazis are not,” the group said in a statement. “We are progressive, queer, feminist, anti-racist, inclusive, colourful and we have unicorns.”

Bass them away and they have unicorns! LMAO!

Whether you're a conservative, libertarian, Republican, or w/e, and you oppose progressives you gotta drop your political guard and laugh at that!

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I’m torn. On one hand I really don’t like the far right. But I hate techno..

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

What can you do when your government is doing something you disagree with?

Protest and vote.

Not that the government will listen to protest.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I wouldn't take my political views from club kiddies, whether from Germany or the U.S..

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

So there are problems in Europe about the influx of refugees? Hmmm, I would have never guessed.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
They are not far right.. They are just people that care bout their kids future.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

If you are not what they are, you are far right.

This is how these assholes think.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

do you live in germany? do you know what sort of people you applauding here? the rightwing movement is a mixture of neonazis, rassists and frustrated old people without any empathy. once, the us is fighting against these people and nowadays you 'patriots' are giving them a hug. they hate our society, they dream about a civilwar and a new order. i'm not sure, if you want a 4. reich?

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

The folks I see talking against the influx now a days are not neo-nazis they are regular born and bred germans. Some have a white skin color some have a much darker skin color. (from an earlier influx some decades ago where the parents joined the german culture)

I live north of Aachen right near the tri-border area if you were wondering.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Oh I thought it was going to be a massive dance off.
The world would be better if we solved our differences with a dance off.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I don’t like the sound of German Techno Unicorns. Somebody needs to save the world from this menace.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   
"Das Volk" is getting smaller and smaller...

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

you know thats not true - die afd ist unterwandert von neonazis, die pegida wird von neonazis organisiert. these folks are against everything. you dont have to be an arsehole to see the problems causing by the 'flüchtlingskrise 2015'. but, most of the refugees are normal people. hate isnt the answer.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

(full disclosure I am a yank living in germany)

I am not pretending what I said encompasses the whole of Germany, but in my little corner of it the vast majority of the people upset by immigration are not neo-nazis.

My landlord was born in Turkey came over years ago with his wife and has been quite successful here, his kids consider themselves German not Turk, they have stated if there were jobs and the refugees could get work then great.

But around here job pickings are slim, which leads to a lack of integration which leads to conflicts between the Germans and the refugees.

I am not supporting AFD, but there rapid gains as a political party suggest either regular germans are upset, or yall have a much larger nazi problem than folks believe.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

yeah, we have masshootings every day in europe, the refugees are taking our wives, our money, our jobs, our culture. half an hour ago, i saw some of them on the street and they try to kill me with their smiles.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

most of them want to work. but, yes, there a few (islamists etc...), we dont need in our society, no noubt about that. but like i said most of the refugees only want peace and a better life. neonazis are a part of this country for decades, sadly, but i think we all have to stand together fighting them - because they want to destroy the society not the refugees (remember the nsu, the oktoberfestattentat and so on). greets from sunny and hot munich!

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Fair enough it yalls country and ill be stateside permanently by the end of summer so you folks need to decide your course forward, I was just saying what I heard in farm country.

Its bloody hot up here as well, so hot my dogs don't even want to go for a walk, 28 C my poor husky is hiding in the corner trying to cool down have a fan turned on him to try and help him.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

its #ing hot! and i have to work and sit inside like a idiot. cant remember so much sunny and warm days like 2018!

iam pretty sure that we come along with this 'crisis' - but first of all, there is a world cup coming and the whole yountry will be celebrating (most uf us)!

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Ill be pulling for germany and whatever surprise team makes it out of the opening round... since America decided to be stupid and move relegate ourselves back into the "special" class of footballers.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
... most of the refugees only want peace and a better life.

And there's billions more where they come from! Do you want to bring them all to Germany?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join