It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Objects Filmed Over Salt Lake, Utah On May 22nd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Balloons? Birds? Drones? Orbs? UFOs? Hoax? What's your guess? These objects were filmed last Tuesday, in Salt Lake City, Utah. They don't look like birds, drones, or a CGI hoax to me. I'm leaning towards balloons, but I'm perplexed at what I see at several spots in the video. At the 16 second mark, the lower two objects are traveling side by side. Then from the 18 second mark, to about the 24 second mark, the lower object seems to rotate counterclockwise around the other object. Would a balloon behave like this, drifting in the wind? Also, check out the video between the 38 and 42 second mark. Do these three objects appear to slow down and stop momentarily, before moving again? Would balloons act like this? Just asking, because I'm unsure. Just a side note...did anyone else lose their YouTube button? I now have a blank, narrow bar that I click on to post a video.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I see no reason those couldn't be typical drones.

The flight speeds and formations seem normal enough.

No subluminal zigzagging.

No mach1+ maneuvers.

No conversion into a different craft, midflight.

I would expect footage of 3 DJI Phantoms to look exactly the same as this.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think you're right: balloons. Notice how windy it is (by the trees) They don't seem to be in any formation and look to me like they are just drifting along.
edit on 5/27/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
In all honesty, it could be lots of things. It very well could be balloons. At first glance it does seem as if they are changing position relative to each other quite a bit. On the other hand the weather seems pretty stormy and the winds look pretty unpredictable aloft.

Storm winds can do some really unpredictable things, though.

I was doing touch-and-goes one time in a Cessna 150 not long after I soloed, and ended up pushing it just a bit too far with a small thunderstorm moving through a few miles from the airport. It wasn't really at the danger level, or anything like that, but the way it threw me around? Let's just say I gained a very healthy respect for the situation between the time I turned on final and when my tires touched the runway.

There were air currents moving "every-which-a-way". So yeah, I imagine it could be balloons.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Balloons or airborne debris caught in high wind.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

At 1 minute 14 the aerial can be seen being blown by the wind in the same direction the things are moving. Loads of wind in the trees too. I would just love to say 'ufo orbs in flight formation' but on this occasion I don't believe this is anything unusual.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
By the looks of those trees, it almost seems to me that these orbs are travelling against the cross wind.
As for drones.
Every drone that can fly beyond 500 ft AGL, has a set of red led blinkers in the front (no approach) and 2 greens in the back (safe to approach)
The greens can be toggled off. The reds however are a must.
With the new FAA regs on drones, no person shall fly beyond the line of site or at elevations of Beyond 90 meters AGL. Or above occupied areas where people or vehicles will be present.

Unless you have a commercial drone operators certification.

If you want to break all the above rules, there is a way to do so.
you must have an SFOC. To do so.
A special flight operators certificate will allow you to break those rules.
But there has to be a purpose.
A flight of 3 drones operating in close proximity to each other, above residential buildings, or people down below and the visibility less then 10 NM...
it wasn't a register flight.
You validate this If you check the NOTAMS for the area.

Here's one more chink in the drone chain.
All DJI drones come equipped with a GPS.
That GPS not only receives corrections from the satellite, it also transmits its location to DJIs tracking program.

If those were 3 drones and someone reported it, DJI can tell you the owner of each of them.
And the owner would be facing some rather huge fines.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Balloons? Debris? Did anyone watch the whole thing? Geez.

Well, granted, it COULD be debris or balloons, if debris and balloons stayed in "formation" and stayed fixed distances from it's debris-ey/balloon-ey neighbors, which they do not from my humble experiences watching debris in the wind.

I have, though, seen smallish whitish roundish things cruise around the sky, stopping, starting and diving into clouds well before the age of drones, looking much like these things.

So, I dunno what the heck they are, but balloons and shopping bags are low on my list of possibles... call me a lunatic or too open minded, but that looked a tad weird.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Yunec, Bebop 2, a garage project with white spray paint and recycled ducted fans from an ARC plane.

Doesn't have to be some flight plan, registered, GPS tracked hoo ha.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

CGI photoshop...looks so fake and whoever did this really tried hard to make it look legit..however the movement of the lights show amateurity. The changing of formation of lights are desperately made to look like the ones in many other good videos. I am surprised the artist of this video didnt put some sort of Waltz or other orchestrated music to depict the beauty of their masterpiece. Not balloons, not drones, no stupid garbage bags or debris, not birds or lanterns, no laser pointers...just a terrible adobe after effects work.
oh and wind?!?! Lol, yes they were filming a rain storm coming in...and yes, they sound like Russian spies in Utah

edit on 28-5-2018 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
balloons drifting in high wind

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

At 1 minute 14 the aerial can be seen being blown by the wind in the same direction the things are moving. Loads of wind in the trees too. I would just love to say 'ufo orbs in flight formation' but on this occasion I don't believe this is anything unusual.

Picks himself of floor as ufoorbhunter says it's not an orb in other news hell has frozen over

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

I know the real ones from the fake ones

top topics

join