It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland Votes To Repeal Abortion Amendment In Landslide Referendum

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: ClovenSky

Because it's HER BODY.

A fetus is just a mass of cells...how can you murder that ?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Oh, I'm sorry..."spirituality".

We know...most of you are too damaged to experience "spirituality" without thinking religions or negative thoughts.

Science is your protector.....but not really your emotions are cranked to the max to defend all attacks.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Added: 
Good for you and those 2 wonderful children. I hope you never have to meet the one unfortunate soul that is waiting for you on the other side that will simply ask 'why'? 

So you believe in "karma", but think this "soul" will just be waiting around until Annees soul sees it in the nothingness so it can question her and guilt her?
If anything, a karmic individual will have moved on. If it ever asked Annee why, and she said, to support my living children, it might think her wise and prefer the other life it was given.
So presumptuous and conceited to think a "soul" would be so worried that another soul decided they weren't compatible.

Ya you have got it all figured out.

You need to face the facts that NEVER will abortion be seen the way you want it too...its a barbaric solution most of the time and is sad that it EVER needs to be used.

Sure it should be available but not defended as the right of all rights like you guys feel it to be.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Seems like you might be emotionally "cranked". Three seperate posts, very exciting.

Abortion should be available, but the right to its availability shouldn't be defended. Makes sense.
edit on 27-5-2018 by Atsbhct because: Far too emotionally cranked. Made a spelling mistake. Waiting for its soul to judge me when we meet in the afterlife.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Metallicus

Or possibly they weren't successful and they had a child they couldn't afford. Then they needed food stamps but that's entitlement so they don't get food stamps because you see a child is only valuable in utero when it can be used as a political weapon against the poor. After birth it's just another poor mouth to feed while complaining about having to feed them.

i was talking about this the other day.
care about the fetus. what about it?

then when the mom cant afford to feed her baby it

"shoulda kept her legs close" type #

pretty sickening

Yeah. Personal responsibility is VERY sickening.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

I hope you never have to meet the one unfortunate soul that is waiting for you on the other side that will simply ask 'why'?

You do understand that is your belief.

Right?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Atsbhct

you know it.

im sure when mr 5th kid from mommas 4th daddy grows up he will be well adjusted

So, you support irrational decisions? How do you feel about Trump voters?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

We consider ants "life" and have no qualms about exterminating them.

We? Making broad generalizations there, aren't you?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

a reply to: DBCowboy

We consider ants "life" and have no qualms about exterminating them.

We? Making broad generalizations there, aren't you?

True. Some people love ants. Like entomologists.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The majority of abortions consist of a mass of cells.

Where are the people crying about spontaneous miscarriages. Why do you all care so much what a woman does with her body?

Maybe intent here is the key. Even a miscarriage carries a certain amount of guilt, which I have seen amplified to the extreme when it goes from non intentional to willful killing.

Does it matter if that 'mass of cells' will develop into an individual life form?

Maybe the key to people's opinions will be whether they believe in the soul. Maybe when a person thinks the body and spirit are nothing but electrical signals that completely end once a person dies, there isn't anything wrong with killing a 'mass of cells'.

What if everyone's actions build this reality? What if there is a morphic resonance that shapes human development and we are all tied in together some how.

Why is it that if a woman is murdered while pregnant, it is considered double homicide regardless of the fetal development period? But if a woman willing chooses to murder their unborn child, 'you go girl'?

This isn't even religion talking, this is just common sense.

Well, I've had this very discussion with a pro abortion feminist before and her argument was, "Do not charge double homicide because that gives legitimacy to pro life arguments. Best to charge with a single homicide or else Roe v Wade may be over turned.".

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Because it's HER BODY.

Paid for by the state.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I hope you never have to meet the one unfortunate soul that is waiting for you on the other side that will simply ask 'why'?

Right?

Wow, a lefty telling someone their beliefs are wrong. In not so many words. Imagine that.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
since you feel so strongly about this...very black and white..no gray...so bannin abortion and having many more thousands of unwanted babies...you will be paying much more taxes to fund the programs that these children and mothers will need....how many children are you willing to take in and raise....the sick ones...the mentally challenged ones...how would this be the best possible world to live in????

for you and the others who ABSOLUTELY think there should never be abortion and every child should be born.....what about the Turpin family they were tortured horribly starved...only allowed a shower o time per year.... other times when they washed their hands if they got water above their wrists they were punished because. they were playing with the water
and wasting it...they didn't even know what medicine was...they were forced to march for hours at a time...they were chained to their beds among the filth
...the adult daughter that escaped was 80 pounds......I think the oldest is 28...the older ones will have to go to a group home because they are too far gone..........do you think this hellish life was better than if they had been aborted??

a reply to: Atsbhct

Good thing I have never used religion to approach this subject as I am an agnostic.

Common sense will tell you more strongly, compared to any religion, that this is wrong.

But hey, your body right? Just in case we are all tied into this reality together, I will continue down my path trying to get people to just think a little bit before they make this decision that there is no turning back from. I am selfish and wish to live in the best world possible.

Have fun with the consequences of believing it is just 'your body'. As you said, it is completely your choice and no one else. It is good that you accept the full self responsibility of your actions. I have a feeling one day, information will be freely available on how this reality works. But by that time...... ?

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: Annee

Right?

Wow, a lefty telling someone their beliefs are wrong. In not so many words. Imagine that.

Your opinion I'm Left is what?

Don't make yourself look stupid by personal interpretation of what someone factually states.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
as it stood here before the referendum,
if a girl or woman got pregnant through rape or incest, the woman did NOT have the right to abort that fetus, there was such a case in the 80's I think that went to the high/supreme court that ruled against the woman gettiing an abortion or traveling abroad to get one. miss x was the name of the case.

even after this referendum, a woman can not get an abortion "just because" or "I forgot to use contraception" there has to be medical grounds for it or the welfare of the child or mother is at risk

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

when abortion wasn't legal.....
they had no choice.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Today they call it Dexedrine but yesterday it was referred to as a more familiar word, heroine.I believe that's the word i'm looking for.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

I heard it was Valium... which isn't a form of heroine, it's from the valerian root.

draxe.com...

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

This song was about stress and popping pills.
Not about abortion.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

There's no such thing as a soul. It's a fairy tale we tell because of death.
But death is it. It's over. Better eat ice cream and # while you can.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join