It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Reparations Happy Hour' invites white people to pay for drinks

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

This is so ridiculous, it would be funny if I knew they weren't serious. When will the reparations stop? No one has ever given a total amount in which we should pay for them to shut up about it. Will buying these drinks be the end of our reparations that we allegedly owe, or is it going to be a long tally of lifelong support? I suspect it would be the latter. I personally will not apologize for being white, I didn't do jack to any black person, and they haven't forcibly picked cotton under my watch, my families watch, or anyone else's watch, in their entire lives...so they can keep trying and keep crying but I am proud to be white, I don't feel guilty and I will NEVER pay them one damn dime. If I am proud to be white and that makes me a racist, while everyone else gets to be proud of their heritage, but then ask for reparations for the suffering of long deceased, extended family? Then, so be it.

Keep it up, and they may one day just get all the attention they want, as they whimper themselves back into slavery, for pi$$ing every white person in the world off.

So, here's where we are... Prominent Whites had blacks as slaves (most today are not prominent and were not even back then) it's the elites that they should be angry with, and NOT your typical white person, as we were never wealthy.
Then it took a WHITE MAN to set them free, they got lazy and complacent and hated to work, so they then bit the hand that fed them, by begging for free crap, and then demanding crap, and here we are.
They went from hard workers, to entitled brats...just like that. Keep on pi$$ing white people off, the very people who enslaved you in the first place. Brilliant idea.

Right now, the guilt trip is working on some of the stupid people out there, but it won't work forever, and then they're going to be angry. This whole reparations request is not heading in a good direction. If anything black people OWE the average white person.
Were it not for our descendants' support of releasing them from slavery...it's likely they would all still be slaves. Why don't they show a little respect and pay us money, and give us free s#!t, simply out of being thankful that someone cared back then. After all, It wasn't a black person that ended slavery,....it took a white person to do it. So they should be thankful really, get on their knees and thank the average white man for their freedom. If it were not for my white descendants' support of freeing the slaves...they would still be there.
edit on 29-5-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Give'm a couple acres by kicking them in the balls and a free donkey.

Free ticket to Liberia.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
And you guys care why? People do stupid things all the time why do you care unless you have an agenda. Way to push hate because someones does something stupid as a publicity stunt.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Its hard to have faoth in humanity when i see people snapping the bait up so willingly.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
And you guys care why? People do stupid things all the time why do you care unless you have an agenda. Way to push hate because someones does something stupid as a publicity stunt.

I suspect he cares because

#1) They are "targeting" White people. Which is racism in and of itself.

#2) It's annoying, and people want them to stop. publicity stunt or not, this is NOT an isolated incident by any stretch of the
imagination. We hear this tired old reparations demand constantly and simply want them the shut up about it. We are already expected to pay 'carbon credits' for breathing, blowing smoke like this in the air is only going to cost us more.

3) They were serious about this and you know it. You are just another person making excuses for them, which makes you an 'enabler'. Like the parent who tells their child that it's OK to be fat and that everyone else is just hating...and then ends up burying their child, because it's no big deal.

4) If it was just a publicity stunt. These people are sick, as they are using racism as a public joke. Racism, the very thing that they hold most dear, that black people get the most offended by, and now all of a sudden, it's time for them to joke about it? That doesn't make any sense.

#5) Again, we're tired of hearing it and seeing it everywhere...it's simply annoying, entitlement behavior and everyone is sick of these Historical Panhandlers always wanting us to support them either by functions like this or by using the tax payers dime for Welfare (which I might argue has already paid their reparations back in spades). Their reparations requests are like flies in your face...no matter what you do...they just keep throwing it on our faces. They have a lazy, lazy culture and need to get to work and stop complaining like everyone else today who has also not lived during the times of slavery.

6) They won't get reparations, because they were never slaves and don't deserve it. Period.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I care because this is becoming the accepted norm and speaking out against it is considered racist by more and more people. Maybe I care because this kind of thinking will destroy the country.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Vasa Croe
Sadly this is probably just the beginning of this type madness, at least on the West Coast.

It's the result of Fukushima I tells ya.

I think you are on to something.

Can you elaborate?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
I self-identify as African -American.

I frickin hate that term. If you weren't born in Africa and emigrated to America that doesn't apply. My doctor, Ming, is from South Africa. If her oriental ass wanted to be called African Canadian I'd have no problem with that. THAT makes sense.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's only a couple of hundred bucks a person a lawyer did the math a few years ago..

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
First of all...WTF? Second....they actually got white people to pay for this....lol! And third...WTF?

On Monday night, a bar in Portland, Oregon hosted people of color and gave them $10 as they arrived — a symbolic gift funded primarily by white people who were asked not to attend the “Reparations Happy Hour.”

Source

How do you even advertise for something like this without feeling like a racist really? White people are going to pay for your drinks, are not allowed to attend and these people are generations removed from slavery....

But yeah....this is going to help race relations...lol!

You can’t be this ignorant it’s a meme and they’re drinks if drinks paid for 400+ years of oppression everyone would be drunk...

1 generation for most families actually.
Right after slavery(people remember they are people who couldn’t all read write nor had direct skills were set out to live in an “industrialized country” with no income land or option for well being) reparations were given to slave owners for “property”(their slaves) being lost.
1 generation(slavery)
2 generation(segregation)
Current generation
And no I’m not saying reparations now solves anything but we can’t ignore the fact that “income equality” started literally last generation which many are still alive today.

Why is their always white outrage when this is probably the funniest reconciliation of “well our country’s always screwed up lets have some fun with it”.

I served my time for a country that doesn’t care about my well being i would love a free drink.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I want reparations from blacks in Africa for starting the slave trade and forcing generations of my ancestors to be blamed for it even though not a single one owned slaves.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Attention Please:
The Mud Pit is not the place for social issue threads and was never intended for them. This thread would normally be removed entirely, but since it escaped our notice and mud has been flung, it's being closed to preserve others posts.

From this point forward we will simply remove any posts that are off topic for the Mud Pit without warning. Be forewarned and please do not post non-political topics in a political forum.

Mud Pit forum rules.

Mud-Pit Rules and Guidelines

The rules and guidelines are simple, basically just two things to remember in addition to common-sense avoidance of vulgarities and personal threats:

Don't throw mud outside of the political mud pit forum.

If you go into the Political Mud-Pit forum, expect to get dirty.

1) Don't throw mud outside of the political mud pit forums.

If you're wandering about ATS, and find a discussion that throttles your political angst, and really really want to start casting harsh aspersions in the direction of one or more political ideologies:

YOU CAN CREATE A NEW THREAD: Quote the post that inspired your ire, link to the non-mud-pit ATS thread, and start a new thread in the Political Mud-Pit forum, making certain not to call-out or otherwise throw mud at any ATS member in the original thread outside the Mud-Pit.

2) It's bad-form throw mud at someone who's not throwing mud.

Even in the Political Mud-Pit forum, there will probably be someone attempting to make a valid point who does so without rancor, name-calling, or other political mud.

Perhaps the topic and direction of discussion is different enough from other threads on ATS that they felt compelled to get involved.

If you can respond without throwing mud, everyone will think better of you… but there is no requirement to put down the mud when you respond.

3) Everything but vulgarities and threats are "tolerated."

We've come to accept that many feel the "political stakes" are so high, that intense debate is necessary, and very often name-calling, baiting, and activity we've previously classified as "Political Trolling" are simply part of the process. Have at. But don't come running to us if someone throws mud harder than you, or hides rocks in their pile of mud.

And to avoid further confusion; restricted topics such as personal drug use, hacking, etc. are still not allowed in the Mud-Pit. Politics only please.

Revisions for clarity -

Reaffirming the Political Mud Pit Forum Guidelines

The Political Mud Pit was always intended to be a platform for members to hash out their political differences and to contentiously debate tough political issues, unencumbered by the usual constraints of civility and decorum found elsewhere on ATS. See SkepticOverlord's original Political Mud Pit Forum guidelines above.

Specifically:

We've come to accept that many feel the "political stakes" are so high, that intense debate is necessary, and very often name-calling, baiting, and activity we've previously classified as "Political Trolling" are simply part of the process. Have at.

Note that it indicates name-calling, baiting and activity otherwise labeled as political trolling elsewhere on the site. Not generally hateful, bigoted, mean-spirited or gratuitous personal attacks on fellow members. It's also not exempt from the usual forum expectation of remaining on topic.

The Political Mud Pit is not a safe space for trolling for laughs. It's not a place to abuse fellow members. It's not a place to post every inane story you just want to rage about. It's not a place to spam off topic content.

This is simple: The mud pit is not a place where members can personally insult each other. You can rip each other's politics up but you can't get personal just to slag someone you don't like. Additionally, posts must be relevant to the stated thread topic.

Going forward, please be advised that failure to adhere to the stated posting guidelines of this forum will result in staff action against your account, possibly including post-bans and account terminations. Additionally, political trolling outside of the confines of the Political Mud Pit is strictly forbidden and will also be actioned accordingly.

Thread is now closed!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join