It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Reparations Happy Hour' invites white people to pay for drinks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

You shoul get a black man and white man to share cost 50/50
Problem solved

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I only agree with reparations if I never have to hear about this insanity ever again. My brain can't take how stupid some people can be.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

You'd be wrong - the Civil war a Banker created war. The beginning if tge end of slavery started in England...look it up

Europe started it...I didn't say slavery started the civil war, I said America ended slavery in America not too long after becoming its own nation. It was after the war of 1812 that we finally became a truly independent state and less than 50 years later slavery was abolished after more than 200 years of European run slavery.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I only agree with reparations if I never have to hear about this insanity ever again. My brain can't take how stupid some people can be.

As I have said before, as long as people live their lives by the color of their skin there will always be racism. In this case people were given a 10 dollar bill only because they were black, or do we live under the assumption that ALL black people have slavery in their ancestry. I pointed out that before 1860 only 7% of families had slaves so this also goes along the way that a much smaller percentage to blacks to day actually have any slavery in their ancestry at all, but hey get your 10 bucks when you can. Hopefully they bought 2 15 dollar drinks so at it all good....lol

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
They didn't pick my fields, so I'll pass on buying these idiots any drinks.

Not much to pick in fields of rock and ice.

Oh, I'd find some work that could be done, believe me.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yes, white people should absolutely pay reparations for choosing to be born white.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtypicalJ
Yes, white people should absolutely pay reparations for choosing to be born white.

Well my choices was white human or Denebian slug worm. I may have made the wrong choice reading this thread though.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

If only it were Portland. The entirety of the Northwest suffers from it...and there's no cure, apparently. The main reason I'll be, eventually (hopefully soon, dammit!) leaving permanently.

Prices on real estate are totally out of control. A small 2 bedroom/1 bath with a city lot size yard, and a garage is selling here for over 175,000 dollars US. In South-central Tennessee, the same house is selling for half that, or less. Other places in the US, it's even less.

Then there's the holier-than-thou attitude which is just maddening at times. Eastern Washington is becoming far, far too much like Seattle-Tacoma for my tastes, even in the Palouse country.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Dude...

Denebian Slime Devil...lest you offend Trekkies everywhere.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtypicalJ
I've remarked often that if I could do it all over again in 'Merica, I'd make a different choice and be born not white and male.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It's also much of the Northeast. I grew up in Ca, and currently live in NYC. In philly as we speak.

Having seen both, honestly I think the northeast is worse because it's the quintessence of mainstream establishment democrat politics and social justice.

Ca and Oregon are super liberal, but in my experience there are a lot more anti establishment, aware folks out there. ATS type folks. The counter culture started there.

My view is that is where more of the real liberal non mainstream folks are, especially in nor cal.

a reply to: seagull

edit on 28-5-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

(post by howtonhawky removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by TheSecondComingisTrump removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by TheSecondComingisTrump removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I self-identify as African -American.

At least I will when I visit this bar.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Is this another white person telling a black person what he should or shouldn't do/feel

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Trust me when I say California is far worse, but this is just absurd to do that.

Then again, you'll find dumb #s anywhere you go, incuding people that generalize entire populations.

Kinda sad to see the same accusatory folks, filled with all of their cognitive dissonance, and 5th grade tactics that appeal to other dumb #s, in reality, look like absolute jackasses and are just as much a part of "the problem" as those they (largely) falsely accuse.

Idiots. Idiots as far as the eye can see.

Too many damn idiots. I know im an idiot, i can easily admit that and constantly work to identify why and better myself. Tons of folks just sit on their thumbs believing a bunch of horse # and tout their opinions as if they were God himself, as they go out of their way to cap on others and judge them for terrible or no reason. Its like a god damn ritual for so many, to seek putting down others for terrible reasons. If its not race, its sex. If its not sex, its political affiliation. Too many are #ING INSATIABLE with their stupidity!

We aren't talking quantum physics and rocket science here we are talking FUNDAMENTALS.

The day the lot of the dumbassed masses grow the hell up and realize how insanely perverse, ignorant, absolutely stupid they've been, will be a god damned miracle.

Of course for most, they probably wont realize it, until theyre dead, and burning in something akin to Hell.

::

But hey, life can be a bitch (as can karma).

edit on 5292018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Generalizing populations. Yeah I guess I have been guilty of that lately, especially when I know I'm doing it and that it leads to false conclusions.

In reality, it's just a quirky little bar that thinks it's being clever and is appealing to others who think it's clever. It's all about stirring up business at the end of the day.

Whether I think it's dumb--and I do--doesn't matter in the scheme of things. Anyone can celebrate loud to the heavens whatever they want to.

Frankly I have no horse in the race anymore and just have to laugh at this madhouse going on around me.

edit on 29-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: theruthlessone

Is this another white person telling a black person what he should or shouldn't do/feel

Yeah. I am a person telling another person what would be better. Being wrong is worse. AND you are welcome. All advice on how not to be an asshole is free of charge.
edit on 5 29 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join