It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Reparations Happy Hour' invites white people to pay for drinks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: lakenheath24

White is clearly superior because it's a combination of all colors.

Thats not technically true.
"White is all lights combined, but is the absence of color (in paint).
Black is all colors (in paint) combined, but is the absence of light."
www.quora.com...

But does this mean white peeps are enlightened? LOL

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

We're white people asked to leave in these bars? If not what does it have to do with this example of racism?

Absolutely nothing. Just a chance for him to virtue signal.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
How many drinks does it cost to atone for my great-great-great grandpappy owning 2 slaves?

Please advise because my guilt is killing me....

The big question is did he? The number of White Americans who actually have a slave owner in their past is rather small when about 7% of white families back before 1860 actually owned slaves.

A big apart of the north going against slavery was that it was a Europe created event for America and they wanted to remove all ties, so to suggest this was an american event is reaching...one could say ending slavery was the actual american event, and slave ownership was totally tied to Europe.

Slavery in America started in 1619, when a Dutch ship brought 20 African slaves ashore in the British colony of Jamestown, Virginia.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

From what I read evergreen is worse now.

i was at last year's graduation. some of the speakers were embarrassing. i cringed a lot that afternoon.
edit on 27-5-2018 by subfab because: edit post for clarity

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: seaswine
How many drinks does it cost to atone for my great-great-great grandpappy owning 2 slaves?

Please advise because my guilt is killing me....

The big question is did he? The number of White Americans who actually have a slave owner in their past is rather small when about 7% of white families back before 1860 actually owned slaves.

A big apart of the north going against slavery was that it was a Europe created event for America and they wanted to remove all ties, so to suggest this was an american event is reaching...one could say ending slavery was the actual american event, and slave ownership was totally tied to Europe.

Slavery in America started in 1619, when a Dutch ship brought 20 African slaves ashore in the British colony of Jamestown, Virginia.

They need to go across the pond and ask the Queen to get them drunk.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

They are going to be destroyed in the M/Ts

They've done nothing but blab on about fake-Russia nonsense. And they still refuse to admit it is their party that has a problem, and they believe nothing needs fixed. They think the same old nonsense will achieve different results: that is the definition of insanity according to some.

By all means, I prayed the left would continue their pre-2016 path. By far, they've come through for us. Thank you Dems.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I wonder if they are going to call out all the freed-africans for their slave owning?
www.theroot.com...

Anyway, I get sick of hearing about white privilege. Those people should go to Eastern Kentucky and soak up all their privilege.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I wonder if they are going to call out all the freed-africans for their slave owning?
www.theroot.com...

Anyway, I get sick of hearing about white privilege. Those people should go to Eastern Kentucky and soak up all their privilege.

no such thing as "white privilege"

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

They are going to be destroyed in the M/Ts

They've done nothing but blab on about fake-Russia nonsense. And they still refuse to admit it is their party that has a problem, and they believe nothing needs fixed. They think the same old nonsense will achieve different results: that is the definition of insanity according to some.

By all means, I prayed the left would continue their pre-2016 path. By far, they've come through for us. Thank you Dems.

As much as I enjoy seeing them destroy themselves by their own hypocricy, I do fear a bit the brainwashed results IE social programming? It won't be pretty and I don't care how much you think you are prepared for it.

These pricks in charge only care about 2 things, MONEY AND POWER! Just look at how the Globalists like Soros and Sutherland are destroying the Western world with their Islamic invasion?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
MY northern white republican ancestors died freeing slaves from southern democrats!
Buy my drink!

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Their black ancestors sold other blacks into slavery, clearly they deserve it more.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
More stirring the pot of race relations. Let the subject die and let get back to living.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Muslims enslaved blacks long before whites did.

I'd like to see a restaurant attempt to get reparations for that.

But apparently Muslims enslaving 28M Africans across 14 centuries is a bit of a blip in history.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I'm sure the Romans enslaved more white people than any other race.
Buy my drink, Guido!

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yet the Native Americans say the firewater destroyed their people.
Are they falling for this old trick once again?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Precisely. This is a term invented to cast doubt on hard working & high achieving Americans. Keep in mind, these folks believe they're entitled to your money and property as part of some sick, psychotic and anti-American belief that they're owed something (they sickeningly call it "reparations")

I never owned any slaves. And they should stop pretending that the United States is the only place slavery occurred. It was common for the time period. It isn't anymore. That is called "growth" but either way, I don't owe anyone a damn thing

Much easier to blame your problems on others though! Takes the personal responsibility out of the equation . Only problem is, thinking folks see right through it and dismiss it off hand.

edit on 5/27/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

How many 'white' people have African DNA? How many black people have 'white' DNA?

Their methodology is quite flawed, especially doing this on looks alone.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
They didn't pick my fields, so I'll pass on buying these idiots any drinks.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Y'know...

Haven't seen *anything* giving reparations to the people who would truly deserve it... the Natives, who were robbed, killed, and treated like absolute **** by whites AND the government- and still are.

I wonder what this bunch of knobs would have to say about it.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
Y'know...

Haven't seen *anything* giving reparations to the people who would truly deserve it... the Natives, who were robbed, killed, and treated like absolute **** by whites AND the government- and still are.

I wonder what this bunch of knobs would have to say about it.

No, we don't want any drunk injun's in here!
But y'all come on in and get some reparations highballs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join