It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Reparations Happy Hour' invites white people to pay for drinks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
First of all...WTF? Second....they actually got white people to pay for this....lol! And third...WTF?

On Monday night, a bar in Portland, Oregon hosted people of color and gave them $10 as they arrived — a symbolic gift funded primarily by white people who were asked not to attend the “Reparations Happy Hour.”

Source

How do you even advertise for something like this without feeling like a racist really? White people are going to pay for your drinks, are not allowed to attend and these people are generations removed from slavery....

But yeah....this is going to help race relations...lol!

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You can't fix stupid and the upcoming election is going to really be a site to see when these snowflakes lose yet again!

edit on 27-5-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
What about all the white Irish slaves ? Are people of color gonna pay for them ?.....

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I was going to make this Post but too hard on my phone.

So much white guilt.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yeah read that in another thread and thought the same. I'd like to know why this was sponsored(really) and the morons that would fall for this BS.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Liberals, you just can’t fix stupid! Wonder what life was like as a slave for the poor black people who took advantage of this side show. And as slave, I don’t mean to the democrats treatment of black Americans

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Anyway you slice it, this is f# stupid, real talk.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
How many drinks does it cost to atone for my great-great-great grandpappy owning 2 slaves?

Please advise because my guilt is killing me....

link   
Are there any black (i simply refuse to patronise you by referring to you as "persons of colour") ATS'ers around here? If so, can I ask a serious question about this kind of thing?

How does this kind of thing make you feel? Do you feel like this is a good thing? What message do you get from things like this? Do you feel more included or more singled out by things like this?

Because I try put myself in your shoes and all I can conclude is that I would feel:

A) embarrassed as #

B) immensely patronized

C) highly irritated

D) singled out/further marked out as 'different'

Just wondering how far off the mark I am...
edit on 27-5-2018 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

link   
Ooooo! Double post
edit on 27-5-2018 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
What is really funny is the picture for this story...

I wonder if the irony has hit them....

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

How do you even advertise for something like this without feeling like a racist really?

Only in Portland. They ain't right, up there.

edit on 27-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

dont you know its not possible to be racist towards us whities as we are the devil and the only racist people. ask the media or the demotards.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

and gave them $10 as they arrived — a symbolic gift funded primarily by white people who were asked not to attend the “Reparations Happy Hour.”

i want to know who were those idiots that funded this, and i also want to know what would $10 buy at that place ? a cowboy necklace ??

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sadly this is probably just the beginning of this type madness, at least on the West Coast.

Gonna be interesting to see the economic impacts.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
Sadly this is probably just the beginning of this type madness, at least on the West Coast.

It's the result of Fukushima I tells ya.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

How do you even advertise for something like this without feeling like a racist really?

Only in Portland. They ain't right, up there.

Evergreen College found out the hard way how allowing the snowflake mentality to take over! They are broke and restructuring. Still don't think they get it, but it's hoot to behold?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I was going to post something clever, but then I realized there really are no words for this stupidity. Progressives like to scream ‘racist’ at people that don’t agree with them without realizing the hypocrisy of their own actions.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

From what I read evergreen is worse now.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
America really had nothing to do with the system that it was born out of. Eventually it was America that ended slavery, these nutters over on the Left coast are insane and get a rise out of the hate they perpetuate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join