It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a no-spam list next ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I sure hope so.

"The enormous popularity of the national do-not-call list �more than 10 million sign ups in the first 4 days � has raised hopes that a �no spam� registry could be next."

The "do not call list" allows people to put their name on a list that telemarketers cant call, by penalty of fine. I hate telemarketers and spam!

In the New York Democrat�s legislation, a national �no spam� list would allow consumers to collect from $500 to $1,500 from spammers who violate the law. The FTC could sue companies who violate the registry for as much as $100,000 and repeat offenders could go to jail.

If you aren't familiar with the telemarketing list that was just instituted, check out this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you want to add your name to the Gov't no-call list to prevent telemarketing, here is the link:

www.donotcall.gov...

I would really like some kind of anti-spam legislation passed, I'm sure we're all sick of them cluttering up our e-mail. It used to be nice when you checked your e-mail and you had a message, now 90% of the messages are spam.

"However, setting up a national list to block unwanted e-mails is �a far more complex problem� than telemarketing, Swindle said. There would be big hurdles to overcome with a �no spam list,� including making the database secure enough that criminals couldn�t get into it. "

www.msnbc.com...

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I am on my state's no call list (yes, Kentucky was Actually ahead of the curve on this one.) As such, I see no reason to volunteer info to the feds, because who knows what they might use it for.

new topics

join