It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix - The Rain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Anyone here watching this? A marvelous Danish post-Apocalyptic series.I'm on episode 4 now,thought i'd share.

Six years after a terrible virus carried by the rain wiped out almost all humans in Scandinavia, two Danish siblings, Simone and Rasmus, emerge from the safety of their bunker to find all remnants of civilization gone. Soon they join a group of young survivors and together set out on a danger-filled quest through abandoned Scandinavia, searching for any sign of life. Set free from their collective past and societal rules, the group has the freedom to be who they want to be. In their struggle for survival, they discover that even in a post-apocalyptic world there’s still love, jealousy, coming of age, and many of the problems they thought they’d left behind with the disappearance of the world they once knew.

en.wikipedia.org...(TV_series)

Just something that stood out to me personally,the Apollon corporation reminded me of Monsanto. Also,one of THE most haunting scenes ever from any movie or series i've ever watched,is when Simone,down in the bunker, talks to the empty bio-hazard suit,and takes the hand of it,as it symbolises her father to her. Episode 1. I wept like a baby,but then,i'm a parent and i have a very soft heart:-))
edit on 26-5-2018 by katerinaGrace because: added

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: katerinaGrace

I finished watching them the other day. The first few episodes were really good......it kinda tailed off towards the last few episodes, but the season finale at least tied things up somewhat heading into, what I hope, will be a second season. pretty cool take on the viral outbreak being in the rain.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Hello Kate .. I started watching this yesterday but turned it off when the mother ended up in the rain 😢

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
No, I haven't yet, but it's on my list... now I'll have to make it next.

I'm currently watching Wormwood, and I would recommend it if you haven't yet. 6 part about a specific case where the CIA gave people '___' and the lengths of the coverup.
edit on 26-5-2018 by Kharron because: name of the drug got censored, Lucy in the Sky

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Thank you,yes it is something fresh for me,most Z-pocalypse movies+series seem to be American. Not that there's anything wrong with that,but it was very refreshing to see a Danish post-Ap series for a change

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: nofear39

Hi noFear,Yes that part was very frustrating and sad,but the series is really good,maybe you can give it a second chance?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Thanks for the heads-up. We don't watch TV,so i welcome any Netflix suggestions. I have watched the first season of about 4 series by now,like the awesome series Requiem,The Mist and some other horror/thriller/mystery series. There's also a Canadian zombie series,Ravenous,that's great. The name makes it sound quite cheesy but as a matter of fact it is really good.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I'm in the same boat, don't have regular TV, just Netflix. I'm sure you watched newer stuff, like Altered Carbon, right?

As for a bit older but good, I really liked Helix, especially the first season, and... I was gonna say 11 22 63, but that was on Hulu.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: katerinaGrace
a reply to: nofear39

Hi noFear,Yes that part was very frustrating and sad,but the series is really good,maybe you can give it a second chance?

Yea I will watch it and tell you want I think 😊

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: katerinaGrace
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Thank you,yes it is something fresh for me,most Z-pocalypse movies+series seem to be American. Not that there's anything wrong with that,but it was very refreshing to see a Danish post-Ap series for a change

If you are looking for a decent foreign zombie flick, I would recommend "Train To Busan". It is Korean iirc, and it is surprisingly good.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Is the entire series subtitled?

I think this is one I wanted to watch, but found out it wasn’t in English. Hopefully they will remake an English version for us over here in the States.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm going to be honest. I watched the entire series; expecting it to be rather interesting but I do tire of having to read a movie-foreign films tend to frustrate me. I thought the premise was worth it. I have to say the acting, as least to me, was not very professional and I hate to be not nice but the characters seemed phony and unattractive.

Really thought it was a good start but was missing important areas in the casting and did not feel real to me.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Im about 4 episodes into this show. I dont have buyers remorse regarding my time watching it.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It has subtitles, and was pretty easy to follow

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Is the entire series subtitled?

I think this is one I wanted to watch, but found out it wasn’t in English. Hopefully they will remake an English version for us over here in the States.

You can go in the options and switch audio to English. Of course it's dubbed and you lose some context from them trying to make words fit, but if you can't stand subtitles that's an option.

I used to despise subtitles until my girl made me watch anime. It took about 4 hours but after that, your brain seems to adjust to it and they no longer are as distracting as you once thought.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I started watching it, but the dubbing annoyed me too much.
So I tuned into Time;Kalife Browder's story.
Fricken sad stuff man.
That poor kid could NOT catch a break.
The system utterly destroyed him and his entire being.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
On Netflix you can change the audio to English.

I watched of few episodes.

Less than impressed.

Object lesson on how not to build a bunker entrance.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I will check it out.

top topics

join