It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cockroach Milk? Experts Call Insect Dairy The Next Superfood

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I always thought it looked a little white when you stepped on them.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: infolurker

I heard where someone ate a cockroach for a radio contest.They said that they didn't expect that there would be so much liquid in them.

Oh that's just something no one needs to read. ugh.

you squash one, you smell an almond scent. and it's not almond.

Good god, crunching down on the prawn of the land, and feeling all those juices bursting into your mouth. as it's legs slowly sop twitching, and you have to chew to get rid of the texture.

Now look what you've made me do

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
I'm certain it was simply the way I was raised, but ill try anything like this once.

Growing up, the rule was I needed to try it ONCE. If I didn't like it, I never had to eat it again if I didn't want it.

I've tried some insects, which were surprisingly good. My issue was mainly the legs.. they're a total PITA. But obviously not a concern here..

Seems like cockroach milk would be more on the expensive side though.

And here I am, I can fry up whole prawns, and eat them, legs, pointy heads and all.

conditioning... I just cannot fathom eating a cockroach. Or anything that lives in the walls. I'll stick to cow milk on my crunchy breakfast. What next, kellogs cockroaches, best with a glass and a half of full protein cockroach milk.

edit on 26-5-2018 by SummerRain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I assume it only contains macronutrients.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

I think it's kind of neat and interesting though.. the fact that our culture and upbringing defines so much of our experience.

A lot of things we eat with aplomb would be perceived by someone who had never seen it before as repulsive.

Prawns and shrimp, lobster (!), eggs, cheese..

Seriously.. who the hell thought the process of making cheese sounded brilliant and delicious? A total basketcase, that's who. A basketcase that I am eternally in their debt because it is, indeed, delicious. (YMMV, of course
)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Beware of anything they pass off as a super food.

We live in a world of deception, it probably contains a chemistry that makes you putty in the hands of those who structure our society.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
3 pages deep and not one picture of a cock roach hanging from a sling with a feed bag strapped to it's face and a milking machine hanging from it's tits.

I'm so disappointed.

To address the topic though, I'll pass. There's a lot more animals in the food chain that give milk I'd be willing to try before I sink that low.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Roaches do not have breasts and such. i checked twice

As far as i understand the process is not a viable source of nutrition due to collection methods of reproducing and catching the food from the mothers on a cloth without it becoming contaminated.

askentomologists.com...

The crystals are inside the body of the mother during gestation and no viable way to retrieve the nutrients.

The reason for the study was actually cancer research.

The milk lacks amino acids humans need but has some properties that could lead to better absorption of medicines for folks.
edit on 26-5-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
A Grande Cockroach Cappuccino?

Sorry, no guts or bugs pass these lips.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Yeah but who's going to milk them?

Think of all the jobs for the height-impaired!
Me, I'm going to invent the mechanical milking machine for them.
How many udders on a cockroach? Anyone?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
2 year old scientific hoax...

The closest think to insect milk we will ever have is liquefied bugs.

There is no such thing as roach milk...

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'll wait for the synthetic variety to come out. As much as it may be good for you, the extreme ick factor will stop me dead from trying it unless we are in some post-apocalyptic dystopian hellscape...then maybe

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The day I slam a glass of roach milk, is the same day I chug a tall icy cold glass of prostate milk.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I'm sure it's super healthy. I wish I could get past the "ick factor". Use it for pet and animal food for now!

The real question is whether or not they'll tell consumers it's in their products. This is why accuracy in food labeling is so important.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I don't know, not any more gross to me than cow milk. The whole idea that we drink something from a cow that is produced for their infants is really really weird.

Ps - Have you smelled a cow recently? They smell worse than cockroaches and are wrought with way more parasites, diseases, and hormones.
edit on 26-5-2018 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Cockroach milk? WTF? Nope. Just nope

And if I wasn't clear enough, f# nope.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Well heck they already screwed up cows milk years ago.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I'm sure it's super healthy. I wish I could get past the "ick factor". Use it for pet and animal food for now!

The real question is whether or not they'll tell consumers it's in their products. This is why accuracy in food labeling is so important.

*this product was processed in a factory that processes peanuts and cock milk.

🤢

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Ok, that was funny lol. Though I'm guessing they'd give it a fancier name or just call it "natural ingredients". Kind of like how they don't call it "baby meat"; they call it "veal" and "lamb".

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Do they have little nipples ...lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join