It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Genius on Netflix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Just finished watching this documentary/true crime mini series about the pizza bomber heist which got a lot of media attention in the early 2000’s.

I had never heard of it before today surprisingly, but got me sucked in straight away.
A pizza delivery driver with a bomb attached to his neck robs a bank, gets collared by the police where the bomb explodes killing him, and the series, 4 episodes long, delves into his murder and who carried it out.

www.imdb.com...

Spoilers below!!

So, after watching the question on my mind isn’t if Wells was a co-conspirator, but if he was, why didn’t he try to get more cash while robbing the bank? He only managed to get what was in the cashier’s tills and not the $250,000 dollars mentioned not only in the instructions but also in conversations by the other suspects.

It’s a major downside to coercing someone into robbing a bank for you I think.

Anyway, it had me engaged for the evening!

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It was a good watch.

One thing I noticed (based on police video they showed) that all suspects had in common is that their houses were nasty hoarder hell holes. Like, why y'all living like that dudes?

Maybe it's an Erie thing.....

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Really well-produced mini series about a mind-boggling "heist" (only $8,000 were stolen from the bank), reminds me of the "Swordfish" plot in some ways (that movie with John Travolta), but even crazier because it happened.

I can't imagine what would have been going through his head when the beeping got louder right before it detonated. Very sad.. it was definitely pretty graphic.

Also sad that they had to remove his head to retrieve the device (intact, without having to cut it) - sad for the family anyway/

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I watched it. How bizarre. I think they mentioned the poor guy with the exploding collar had a low iq or some mental defect. What a horror-how sad. There's some hard to believe sick people out there.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I just binge watched it.
It was really well put together.
For me the biggest question is motive.
If it really was money, how did they expect it would play out with the plan they had.
It honestly looks like all they wanted to do is get away with murder.

Here you have two extremely intelligent people, plotting a bank robbery.
But if you look at the plan, it is very unlikely to succeed.

Like one officer states I believe in the first episode: he could have driven off and be in another state within 20 minutes.

Also, isn’t it a weird coincedence that the hobby of robber/victim was to go on scavenger hunts?

It just doesn’t sit well.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Ya that was messed.
Imagine sitting there waiting for the police to get bomb squad while the device locked to your heard is beeping.
Terrifying crap

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Thanks. I just finished watching the series. It was indeed extremely interesting.

I still have a lot of questions that they seemed to have skipped over. I don't blame the family for being pissed. I don't think I would have been happy with the way this whole thing went down either.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Never heard of that case, never heard of that series, read this thread yesterday, downloaded the season and have to say, after watching the first two episodes, that i am shocked and fascinated at the same time.

The poor Pizza delivery guy, the first one(i don´t want to spoil), what a cruel plan and act, can´t believe it!

Thanks for the info about that series, it´s stored for "eternity" in my documentary collection.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I remember the case well but it was one of those cases that dropped from the spotlight fairly quickly, so it dropped from the minds of the masses quickly.

Like way too many other cases. We only remember the ones they want us to remember. The ones that they keep reinforcing.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Yeah, I’m surprised I never heard of it either, considering the bomb going off went viral.

Had me hooked, and had to finish it before going to bed!

top topics

join