It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial resentment may be fueling climate denial, study finds

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Here is a link though there are plenty of other sources as this is the general scientific consensus, which is really just 2.6 degrees F.

www.weforum.org...

I get that we will all be dead if the planet becomes uninhabitable. However we will all die faster from starvation and freezing without fossil fuels and chemistry that aids plant growth then we will from being 4 degrees warmer.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Here is a link though there are plenty of other sources as this is the general scientific consensus.

www.weforum.org...

I get that we will all be dead if the planet becomes uninhabitable. However we will all die faster from starvation and freezing without fossil fuels and chemistry that aids plant growth then we will from being 4 degrees warmer.
edit on 26-5-2018 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Climate change is explained by the fact that just three volcanoes (Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Pinotubo and Mt. Erebus) have spewed more sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere in my lifetime than the entire industrial revolution did.

Torabora sent a cloud of ash into the atmosphere that circled the earth for 11 YEARS!

But it's the awful humans that are killing our fragile earth. And not using freon will somehow offset the effluvia from 1 active volcano, for like 3 or 4 days....

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I don't think you'll find many climate change deniers among the Trump crowd. I personally doubt mere humans are impacting global climate, since the underlying data isn't readily available.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The fusion of climate hysteria and race politics. Took them long enough.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: lostbook

I think more people are educating themselves on the issue of climate change.

That's why it isn't selling.

And frankly, I find the assumption that the position of climate change having a racial bias is insulting.

Also, when you enter into the discussion with the assumption that Obama was trying to save the planet and Trump is trying to destroy it, you've already telegraphed your position and it makes honest debate impossible.

Of course if your only intent was to call everyone who doesn't believe in man-made climate change "racist" and to call Trump a destroyer of the planet then I think you've done an outstanding job!

Mic drop moment.

I am sorry but your argument doesn't suggest that the Trump is an insane lunatic that is coming to eat all of our children, so I think that makes it invalid to some people.
This study is so obviously anti Trump pro deep state that it is laughable not to see through it.

It also has potential to be a great Foxworthy joke.

If you think that global warming is fake simply because of your neighbor's skin color,
You might be a Redneck.

lol

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Good point. There's no denying that facts and figures have been manipulated. However, there's also no denying that warming is happening.

Agreed that climates are changing... not only getting warmer. Not to be a stickler! I'm in the desert so the warming is a bigger concern for us. Last summer was absolutely brutal. We didn't hit any record highs, but we broke records for the number of days over 100° as well as the number of days over 110°...

Not looking forward to this summer!

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Good point. There's no denying that facts and figures have been manipulated. However, there's also no denying that warming is happening.

Agreed that climates are changing... not only getting warmer. Not to be a stickler! I'm in the desert so the warming is a bigger concern for us. Last summer was absolutely brutal. We didn't hit any record highs, but we broke records for the number of days over 100° as well as the number of days over 110°...

Not looking forward to this summer!

but you live in a desert, by choice.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And? So? Yeah, the desert is hot in summer and it's getting hotter. It is what it is. I never suggested anyone forced me to live here. Just an observation about the climate.

Of course, my place of residence was not the point of my comment either. I made my point first -- which is that cooling is also happening. Then continued to say not where I am.

So??? And??? What's your point?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

It seems that way because the right uses random nobodies as proof of what “the left”, which really equals anyone not conservative, wants to do..

When in reality half the country doesn’t feel that way..

When your burden of proof is what Internet commentors are saying. There is nothing you can’t pretend is true.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

No progressivism equals change > traditions..

I think we definitely need to improve and change..

Conservatism is based on logical fallacies meant to propagandize stupid people..

When things are broken and your argument is that we need to keep them this way or return to some bygone era. You have to use logical fallacies to pretend you have a point..

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Ten Flags? This should help the climate change (global warming) crowd open their eyes to the way they are being manipulated. First, play on their guilt, then play on their fears... now, play on their own need to feel self righteous and smug indignation. Damn these people are easy to manipulate

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

And? So? Yeah, the desert is hot in summer and it's getting hotter. It is what it is. I never suggested anyone forced me to live here. Just an observation about the climate.

Of course, my place of residence was not the point of my comment either. I made my point first -- which is that cooling is also happening. Then continued to say not where I am.

So??? And??? What's your point?

Just that a desert is hot in the summer by nature. I was in Saudi Arabia in the summer, it was hot there too. Real hot. And the difference between 120 and 125 is not noticeable. Both feel as if you about 4 feet from the sun.

Please retract the claws.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

Lol..

So how and who exactly is paying off all of the smartest people on the planet to lie for them???

And for what purpose?? A carbon tax that never happened?!?!

Yea... it DEFINITELY Isn’t the climate change deniers that are being easily manipulated..

It DEFINITELY isn’t that the big oil companies that profit off of deregulation and spend BILLIONS lobbying who are the ones pushing propaganda..

You are definitely smarter than all the scientists.

Lmao

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Retracted

Of course the desert gets hot.

And you're right about the difference between 120° and 125°... I'd say anything over 110° is just too damn hot. Up to 100° is pleasant to me.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

All the smartest people on the planet? You have been lied to. Government funded research skewed historical data to present data that was agenda driven. I have never claimed to be smarter than all the scientists but I am armed with enough intelligence to recognize that data has been manipulated and that the article used as the basis for this thread was merely created to manipulate the feeble minded

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

add to that, the fact that "proving" AGW will get you research grants and a tenure track position.

Saying AGW is insignificant in the face of vulcanism will end your career; you and your whole department.

So, are the "best minds" good at science, at the price of their careers? No, quite the contrary; they become giants in the fields by writing nice safe papers, and reviewing their colleagues' work and giving each other "A"s.

Some of the leading lights in meteorology have in fact questioned the significance of AGW; they've been put out to pasture. Just look at the Machiavellian power struggles at the weather channel... And they're just journalists. You're local TV weatherman would be ejected from AMS for denying the groupthink.

And another thing. "Settled Science" is not science at all. The truth isn't a popularity contest.

Just look at Isaac Newton, and the way he held back progress regarding meteorites. Once he was on the board of the Royal Society, he quashed any evidence that hot stones could fall out of a clear blue sky. When peasants brought pieces of these stones that had burned down their huts or barns, he had them arrested and jailed for continuing their claims. And he ruined any scientist (even French ones) who claimed it was even possible for hot stones to fall out of the clear blue sky.

After all, they all knew that the universe was 6,000 years old. And for a rock to fall out of the sky, it must have been falling since the 7th day of creation. And obviously, no rock could fall for 6,000 years.... The universe isn't that big!!!

So yeah. Sir Isaac Newton was a brilliant scientist, and a genius, and a devout Christian. And wrong.

The reason they are called "meteorites" is because he classified them as "weather stones" rather than ouro-liths, "sky stones."

He was probably the smartest man in Europe at the time. And his dogma held back astronomy for a generation.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Sorry but this is more horsefodder just like all that climate change global warming crap manbearpig tried forcing on us. By his data in 2 years I should be LIVING under the ocean because of melting ice caps well Mr Gore to paraphrase the biology teacher from the waterboy your momma wrong again. After 30 years of following this crap science the ocean is still 30 miles from my house which sits 2 meters above sea level .it was no nsense when Gore first started it ,it was non sense when bush cheny was in power and it was nonsense when obama biden was in power. Most of us who follow science as a hobby recognise it as a cash grab with carbon tax.. look climate changes it always has we will not turn our planet into the new venus unless we get hit with a massive multimile wide comet made up of dry ice. Anybody who knows anything about plants will tell you that plants flourish at a much higher concentration of co2 than is currently in environment.. throwing race into the mix is just further tries to divide people.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

It sounds almost like you think that humans actually aren't awful.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: watchitburn
Ah,
Well this is just the natural progression of twisted leftist logic.

If you don't support handing over all your money in taxes to support the alarmist global warming schemes then you're obviously racist.

What money and taxes though? We've been hearing about Global warming since the 80s and they never raised or taxes...in 38 years! LOL

Al Gore's carbon credits scam that he tried getting everyone to buy into. The Paris agreement that would have sent billions of US tax dollars to foreign countries, with no requirement that they actually do anything.

The crippling regulations that Obama's EPA was inflicting on businesses, sucking up taxes. They've been at this for a while now.

The EPA was always supposed to be about pollution. And we know that corporations don't care about polluting as long as they make money. I myself like to hike, camp, bike, canoe, boat, play basketball, football, soccer, Tennis, swim at the beach, go tubing down rivers etc. We need the EPA to keep our environment clean.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join