It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the FAA/ aviation minded...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
What are the general rules from the FAA concerning passenger jets and transmission towers? Had a plane last night that barely did 50ft over the one we live right next to. I truly expected it to slam right into the top of it.

This is a reoccurring thing. Should I be concerned? Wouldn't the tv station notice their signal going to complete crap when it happens?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Generally speaking any airplane must be 1000 feet above ground level in populated areas except while on a landing approach. I suspect your perspective from the ground made the plane appear to be closer to the tower than it really was.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Generally speaking any airplane must be 1000 feet above ground level in populated areas except while on a landing approach. I suspect your perspective from the ground made the plane appear to be closer to the tower than it really was.

Lemme make ya a pic... nothing too fancy- just a general idea of where this thing was. Took a bite out of the plane image to show where the top of the tower was, the scale of the plane is as close as I can get it. Not same plane, but a very good approximation of the size.

And if you're wondering how I could have these details etched in my memory... IT WAS THAT LOW.

Here's what I saw last night...

join