It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Told You So!!! Ugh... Can I Take That Back?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
For some time now, for the most part, I've learned (or tried really damn hard) to keep my mouth shut about anything that 'seems' certain. For some odd reason I can't explain, I feel like I'm cursed. If I say something in all assuredness, it tends to come back to haunt me, usually right away. The old sayings, "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" and "Watch what you say because it might come back and bite you in the @$$" have some truth in them.

It happens so often to me... If I say "This will most definitely happen", that exact thing I was so certain about, good or bad, will usually not happen and visa versa.

I guess I'm not the only one. Ive been seeing it often here. I'm sure a lot of people would like to save face but we all have short attention spans on these here forums.... One of which I read today and yesterday about the NK and SK summit not happening (so hurry and buy your coins folx). Looks like someone knew what they were doing...

So. boys and girls... Let us not act like we know the outcome of everything for if you're anything like me... It'll be the wrong thing to say and do on your own spare time.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Right now, we live in an era of not counting on something happening until it does. That started on election night when we were looking at slam dunk for Hillary right up until it wasn't.

Just learn to take it in stride.

Things are happening until they don't, and nothing is happening until it does.

Down is up and up is down.

Don't sweat it, and don't count on it and never count it out.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Opinion is not fact. When wrong, you're simply wrong about your opinion. You're entitled. As long as you can accept facts and alter your opinion based on those facts, if need be.

People should clearly stop confusing the two, opinion and facts. Almost all of what you hear in the course of a day is OPINION.
edit on 26-5-2018 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2018 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23434900]StallionDuck]

Why be concerned about you? The others are also just as wrong so why try to be superior?

Yeah, it OK to be wrong. Brings some levity to life.

You’re doing fine if you even recognize it!!

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

When wrong, you're simply wrong about your opinion. You're entitled.

"You are not entitled to an opinion . You are entitled to an informed opinion. No one is entitled to ignorance"
Harlan Ellison

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
One way to keep from making bad decisions based on bad opinions is to not use bad information sources.

I rely on Alex Jones and infowars to keep me not only informed but straight arrow with my opinions.

and to keep my body well toned and healthy with Strawberry paleo true caveman formula supplements.

edit on 26-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Cool, I have another way of getting accurate predictions. Just watch what you say and predict the opposite.

Thanks Duck, it is nice you told us about this, we can watch what you say and monitor your efficiency at calling shots wrong so we will be able to see the future.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: [post=23434900]StallionDuck]

Why be concerned about you? The others are also just as wrong so why try to be superior?

Yeah, it OK to be wrong. Brings some levity to life.

You’re doing fine if you even recognize it!!

Why be concerned about me? I don't understand what you mean.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Cool, I have another way of getting accurate predictions. Just watch what you say and predict the opposite.

Thanks Duck, it is nice you told us about this, we can watch what you say and monitor your efficiency at calling shots wrong so we will be able to see the future.

lol This is a possibility. But no, that's not what I'm meaning, not quite anyways.

Sides, I don't say definitives on the forums. Maybe I should though. Like... The world WONT end tomorrow

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Son of a Biscuit... someone knock on wood... Err wait... Stop

edit on 26-5-2018 by Newt22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
One way to keep from making bad decisions based on bad opinions is to not use bad information sources.

I rely on Alex Jones and infowars to keep me not only informed but straight arrow with my opinions.

and to keep my body well toned and healthy with Strawberry paleo true caveman formula supplements.

Very sad. 😢

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

lol This is a possibility. But no, that's not what I'm meaning, not quite anyways.

Sides, I don't say definitives on the forums. Maybe I should though. Like... The world WONT end tomorrow

Oh crap.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Lighten up!

It is all good and you seem like a decent person without the need to be judged by others.

That was all I was trying to drunkingly convey!!

Luv, TEOT!!

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

That wasn't a jab, though I knew it would sound that way but there wasn't any other way I could inquire and sound like how I meant it. lol The drawbacks of text vs real words.

I just meant that I didn't understand what you meant because I wasn't thinking anything along the lines of feeling judged. All I really meant was that I see how it goes back and forth on both sides, the whole "I told you so" but then a day or two later the information flips and the other side does the same... it ends up a never ending back and forth of "I told you so" when all we may need to do is sit back and wait till the coin stops spinning before we make up our minds and stance on a subject. Today, it seems like any sensitive subject changes within moments and never seems to settle on one truth or another.
edit on 27-5-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Oh crap.

Nah, we're safe... At least for now.

new topics

top topics

join