It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion referendum count: ‘quiet revolution’ as Yes set for landslide win

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: seeker1963

Oh please, tell me that the great Progressive Ireland is going to actually Force people to kill their babies.

I wasn't aware that this referendum was about forcing women to terminate their pregnancies.

You know damn well it will be a tax payer free for all!

I don't know anything about Irish health care.

Don't want children? Get fixed! Stop awarding idiots for mistakes!

If you think an abortion is an "award for making a mistake", then I guess you also think a baby is a punishment for making that same mistake. Shame. New born babies should be a happy and welcome advent, not a shameful punishment for a moment of passion.

Yea, I tried to fix that but glad to see you take advantage of my written screw up! Good for you comrade!

The issue I was bringing up is personal responsibility! Men, wrap your willy, women keep you legs closed! It is quite simple really. Unless of course our educational system is so fooked that people have no damn common sense?

But go Ireland! So proud of your PROGRESSIVE VIRTUE SIGNALING!

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Yes, Go Ireland!
You can pay for abortions now for women from the North instead of the UK doing it after your women catch a ferry over.
This will save the NHS in the UK a fortune.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Yes, Go Ireland!
You can pay for abortions now for women from the North instead of the UK doing it after your women catch a ferry over.

You blokes are still shackled to the EU, so I wouldn't be too sure of that? I see where you are coming from, but still waiting for Brexit to be official? I have my fingers crossed for you red coats!

edit on 26-5-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Yes, Go Ireland!

You blokes are still shackled to the EU, so I wouldn't be too sure of that?

We've always been shackled to Ireland, but the UK has done the termination thing on behalf of Ireland for my entire life, now women will get terminations on the Irish dime by crossing the border. I reckon this decision will save the NHS lots of money.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: dawnstar

Yes, I have walked that exact path. When the 2nd unintended life form came along, I fought just as hard for that one to experience life.

I am done now and completely satisfied with my decisions. You know how to ensure that I never have to run into that non existent choice again? Monk mode for the last 8 years. Something similar for the opposite sex would be akin to keeping ones legs shut. Simple, no?

Choice isn't one sided.

Choice is always one sided and always personal.

I chose to try and convince my partner to commit ourselves to this new life. Whether that would have been her decision without my influence I don't know, it was completely her choice in the end. I would have honored it either way, fully recognizing and suffering the karmatic consequences if she would have chosen the other path. I was still involved and committed the act. I should have been more intelligent back then on my actions and choices. But I am finding out that ignorance is no excuse. I got lucky...very lucky with the outcome.

I am still paying child support and haven't missed a payment yet. I make that payment with a smile on my face and gladness in my heart. I drive an hour each way just to see my children as often as I can. What a great mistake that was.

mother#)((*#$(*&(#@*).....I just don't understand you people.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ireland has been slowly heading this way. It was a few months ago they legalized abortion in the case of the mother's life under threat. It was slowly heading that way.
edit on 26-5-2018 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Isn't it funny how they call it Pro-Choice instead of Anti-Life?

Well maybe they don't want to be confused with conservatives.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
great now feminism is destroying another country

pretty soon the birth rate is going to collapse and there's going to be a bunch of miserable women in their 40's with no one willing to take care of them and their children and a bunch of single bachelor's paying for sex and ignoring the 40+ year old women

that's literally what happens
edit on 26-5-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

great new feminism is destroying another country

Fantastic. You'd rather have more unwanted children born into this world either on welfare or on the streets. I take it you're fine and dandy with underground abortion factories risking lifes too?

By the way abortion has been on the steady decline since Roe V Wade in the US. Think about that.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

be more responsible and you're less likely to accidentally have a kid

no way out of bad choices = leads to better choices

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

No, it means vulnerable women no longer have to catch a ferry to Britain to have a procedure carried out which they absolutely didn't want to do.
I support the choice of the Irish, for the savings in the NHS, and the benefit of the women who had to come to mainland Britain.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

pretty soon the birth rate is going to collapse and there's going to be a bunch of miserable women in their 40's with no one willing to take care of them and their children and a bunch of single bachelor's paying for sex and ignoring the 40+ year old women

It might help if you knew a little bit about this topic, as your entire post is ridiculous. Women in Ireland can now get a safe medical procedure legally in their own country instead of a) going abroad to get an abortion, b) getting a home abortion and risking prosecution or c) being forced to have a baby that they don't want because of a wide range of reasons that you're probably utterly and callously uninterested in.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

It might help if you knew a little bit about this topic, as your entire post is ridiculous. Women in Ireland can now get a safe medical procedure legally in their own country instead of a) going abroad to get an abortion, b) getting a home abortion and risking prosecution or c) being forced to have a baby that they don't want because of a wide range of reasons that you're probably utterly and callously uninterested in.

I they don't want a baby then why the hell are they having sex? Too stupid? What???? Grant you accidents happen and there is the day after pill for that BS.....

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

be more responsible and you're less likely to accidentally have a kid

Much like teaching abstinence, insisting that people just 'be responsible or not have sex' (even though there are percentages of pregnancies that still fall through the cracks of responsible birth control or protection) won't change the fact these unwanted pregnancies continue. That's the reality. People will continue having sex, especially young people, whether you like it or not. 21st century issues call for 21st century solutions. Simply throwing around your own personal beliefs, religious or otherwise, isn't going to solve the problem.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
ya'll are pretty mad that someone would expect someone to make more responsible choices

now I see why our culture sucks

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

you are so virtuous... let's kill babies!!

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

I they don't want a baby then why the hell are they having sex? Too stupid? What???? Grant you accidents happen and there is the day after pill for that BS.....

I am quoting the above to be pointed at, ridiculed and laughed at. Seriously? The sole point of sex is to have babies? This is not the Dark Ages. Sex is also for pleasure. As you well know, otherwise you would not have trolled us all with the above silliness.
Accidents happen, as do rapes and other assorted forced nastiness.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

ya'll are pretty mad that someone would expect someone to make more responsible choices

now I see why our culture sucks

It's called reality. I suggest you deal with it.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
let's not forget what sparked the demand for this referendum vote...
namely the senseless death of Savita Halappanavar.

www.bbc.com...

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Good - unborn fetuses have no rights and should be terminated with gleeful impunity - # em all, there's too many Irish anyway......

Personal responsibility is in the hands of the state, those elated by this government decision are low-informationers being led to the eventual slaughter of human liberty and freedom - the state, and those stupid enough to support them, shall determine what is right & wrong - all other opinions are unacceptable.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join