It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion referendum count: ‘quiet revolution’ as Yes set for landslide win

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Who said anything about supremacy?

By all means, feed nothing but contaminated rice to your 17 kids and s# in a hole in the street every day. Knock yourself out.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

speaking of contaminated rice.....
is flint still serving up contaminated water?
and.... no one can understand just why a women in flint might decide it's not a good idea to have a baby and feed it baby formula laced with those contaminates...

ya know a reduced population really wouldn't be that bad of a thing in the long run.
we spend a heck of a lot of money to "create jobs" for a population that we don't have enough jobs to put to work. so, I fail to see why we need to import people anyways. heck, our main problem, is the boomers and who would take care of them. there's other solutions to this than importing more people, like ummm... putting those who are able bodied that are wishing they could find a job to work... increasing the social security taxable income a bit so the more well to do pay a little more, ect. and, just think of how much money could be diverted to helping the aged and disabled if we'd just stop creating these hellholes around the world with our bombs and war that the people have no choice but to leave in search of a new home where they can have a chance to live in peace!!!

but, no, that would make too much sense.... and cost some pretty important companies and stockholders quite a bit of money!! much better to create these great waves of migration, open our borders to the poor souls and tap into that cheap labor source... and well, when we start noticing that our whiteness is being darkened a tad more than we would like...
we can just start forcing our women to have babies....
which, since the problem we have is there isn't enough jobs to go around now, and since they are being filled more and more by cheap labor... will only make the situation worse.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

isn't is funny how they call it pro-life instead of 'mandatory baby factory life'

What I find funny is abstinence isn't even an option anymore. You know, responsibility for your actions is so blasé in today's society.

Are you completely past the point of even questioning if killing a helpless new form of life is wrong?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
What I find funny is abstinence isn't even an option anymore. You know, responsibility for your actions is so blasé in today's society.

Are you completely past the point of even questioning if killing a helpless new form of life is wrong?

regarding abstinence, many do see and teach it as an option, including planned parenthood. but... people are going to have sex. that is just reality.

does it really seem to you that having an early abortion is the same thing as killing a newborn baby? it's not the same. when you try to cast it like that, you're already losing the argument because you've given up on nuance to play to emotion.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

okay, let's say you get married in your early 20's and within 7 years, you decide that you have the perfect family size, you don't want anymore children. are you going to be willing to devout yourself to the marriage, even till the youngest of your kids reaches adulthood living in an abstinent relationship with your spouse???

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

I can answer only for myself. I have no clue. But I love how you reversed the argument 180 degrees and reposed the question.

I am not arrogant enough to just dismiss a new form of life as being invalid when it hasn't matured to a certain point, just to ease my conscious and help me commit the act of possible murder. Don't you ever question where that point is or why we consider it a 'life' at 3 months but not at 2.5 months? I know there are some interesting scientific studies that try and rationalize that. But I always fine the laws of this reality always supersedes the laws of man. Just because man says it is alright doesn't mean squat.

I also experienced a unplanned miracle and it never crossed my mind to abort. No matter what science told me, it was a new life form and I had no right to terminate that new life. I did everything in my power to see that life form survived and will hopefully prosper.

I just question, where does your certainty come from? What if you are wrong? Sometime I even question if mowing the lawn is right. I have also changed my gardening habits to prevent weeds so I don't have to kill them, just discourage them to grow in a certain spot.

What miracles or revelations from beyond have you had that has built up your certainty so much?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yes, I have walked that exact path. When the 2nd unintended life form came along, I fought just as hard for that one to experience life.

I am done now and completely satisfied with my decisions. You know how to ensure that I never have to run into that non existent choice again? Monk mode for the last 8 years. Something similar for the opposite sex would be akin to keeping ones legs shut. Simple, no?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Monk mode for the last 8 years. Something similar for the opposite sex would be akin to keeping ones legs shut. Simple, no?

No.

You made your choice. Others make their own choices. It's not up to you to make your choices mandatory to others.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Monk mode for the last 8 years. Something similar for the opposite sex would be akin to keeping ones legs shut. Simple, no?

No.

You made your choice. Others make their own choices. It's not up to you to make your choices mandatory to others.

And those who make piss poor choices should not be permitted to shed their lack of personal responsibility onto others who pay taxes to pay for their screw ups?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Cool, the UK won't have to fund abortions for Irish women anymore.
May see a drop in income from ferry, plane, and hotel stays though, could hit the economy, good business providing abortions when Ireland didn't.
edit on 26-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: clarity

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I am pro-choice, if you don't like someone, such as a co-worker who will make getting ahead in your career more difficult, kill them. It's not death, just a choice.

For the record I am actually pro-choice and anti-death. I believe in abortion in limited circumstances such as when the life of the mother is at risk.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

And those who make piss poor choices should not be permitted to shed their lack of personal responsibility onto others who pay taxes to pay for their screw ups?

I'm guessing your talking about public welfare and unplanned children, their medical care, feeding, housing, clothing and education?

I'm not aware of Irish tax payer money going to Irish abortions.
edit on 26-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The UK did it for Ireland, funded by UK taxpayers.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I'm guessing your talking about public welfare and unplanned children, their medical care, feeding, housing, clothing and education?

Oh please, tell me that the great Progressive Ireland is going to actually Force people to kill their babies. You know damn well it will be a tax payer free for all!

Don't want children? Get fixed! Stop awarding idiots for mistakes!

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Oh please, tell me that the great Progressive Ireland is going to actually Force people to pay for killing their babies. This will be another planned parenthood Margeret Sanger night mare funded by taxes.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: dawnstar

Yes, I have walked that exact path. When the 2nd unintended life form came along, I fought just as hard for that one to experience life.

I am done now and completely satisfied with my decisions. You know how to ensure that I never have to run into that non existent choice again? Monk mode for the last 8 years. Something similar for the opposite sex would be akin to keeping ones legs shut. Simple, no?

Choice isn't one sided.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

No one is attempting to. Just like I am not putting my choice to not smoke on anyone else, they make their choices, and they face the consequences.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

The UK did it for Ireland, funded by UK taxpayers.

Nice!

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It's good that my UK taxes will no longer have to pay for Irish women to have abortions here anymore though, even better that the Irish health service will now be paying for the procedure of UK (Northern Ireland) women who want a termination. They'll just cross the border now instead of catching a ferry to Britain.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Oh please, tell me that the great Progressive Ireland is going to actually Force people to kill their babies.

I wasn't aware that this referendum was about forcing women to terminate their pregnancies.

You know damn well it will be a tax payer free for all!

I don't know anything about Irish health care.

If you think an abortion is an "award for making a mistake", then I guess you also think a baby is a punishment for making that same mistake. Shame. New born babies should be a happy and welcome advent, not a shameful punishment for a moment of passion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join