It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tommy Robinson (Arrested)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
The UK doesn’t care about free speech and independent journalism, so this wouldn’t surprise me.

The judge seemed to think different.

'
Judge Norton went on: “This is not about freedom of speech or freedom of the press. This is not about legitimate journalism or political correctness. It’s about justice and ensuring that a trial can be carried out justly and fairly, and ensuring that a jury is not in any way inhibited in carrying out its important function.”

'

link   
a reply to: bastion

Then explain the circumstances of this innocent Man's arrest.

Or admit your joke of a country is a bad joke gone wrong. And beg Trump to send in the Marines, for preservation of human rights, destruction of Tyranny wherever it exists and to mete out justice.

link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

You aren't t standing by the girls and the truth you are standing by an idiotic bigot.

Says the one who blames the messenger and ignores the sick ugly truth.

Tommy or Joe Blow or Tricky Dicky... I'd be saying the same damn thing no matter who it was that was arrested for speaking the truth AND no matter who it was that was arrested for being a predatory pervert. I'm not the one stuck on the person.

And apparently you'd be saying the same damn thing also... as girls continue to be preyed upon and violated and raped and brutalized... which is exactly why girls continue to be preyed upon and violated and raped and brutalized... because too many folks would rather protect the system than the victims.

Even knowing that the system IS NOT WORKING!!!

link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Oh for pities sake...

Look, I am sure it would be wonderful to live in cloud cuckoo land, where courts only consider the facts and the right and wrong of a case, in order to come up with a conclusion, but that is not how things work in this, or for that matter, any country, even the most advanced countries in the world. There are technicalities and loopholes in EVERY legal system, and ours, being one of the oldest, is actually very difficult to navigate because of that. There are innocent people in jail, and guilty ones on the streets, precisely because our legal system is old and complicated.

That is unfortunate, but it is also the reality in which we are living. It is AN INCONTROVERTIBLE FACT, that from a legal standpoint, Robinsons actions threaten the likelihood of securing a guilty verdict, or even bringing the court case to conclusion at all. Whether you accept the reasons why that is the case or not, is not in the SLIGHTEST bit important. Your inability to understand the precedents at play here does not change the reality of them one tiny iota, and while I would love to indulge right along with you, and say that the guilty should be punished regardless of technicality, that would also open up a can of worms with regard to the potential for abuse by a tyrannical government (which is enough of a problem around here, thank you very bloody much).

The evidence against the defendants, the case itself, could easily be thrown out if ANY impartiality or prejudice on the part of the jury, prosecution or indeed the judiciary, is even hinted at. Its a VERY serious matter indeed. I want a conviction in this case, and I would have liked to see one in the prior case that Robinson buggered up as well. I want to see the perpetrators of ALL sexual offences locked up for all the rest of time, unable to ever access a target again. That is the important thing here.

It will not happen if Robinson destroys the prosecutions efforts, this is a thing that cannot be permitted to happen ever again.

And so, you get to pick one. Either Tommy can do his thing, or the prosecution of these individuals can proceed properly and without external threat being applied to it. That is just the reality with which we are faced, something we can do not a damned thing about without extensive, decades long investigations into how it might be possible to both permit "protest" like this, without violation of impartiality and prejudice concerns, but that is not the case NOW.

Grow up and deal with the reality the rest of us live in please.

link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: SKEPTEK

I'm pleased my ancestors fought and killed these despicable oppressors. I'm also happy we sent their a##es scurrying back across the Atlantic more than once. The British regulars used to wet themselves at the mere mention of President Washington's men.

Time to end this evil alliance. I don't see how the United States can associate with this joke of a "nation" in good conscience. Clearly, they've gone entirely rogue.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I should have clarified my statement. I was talking about the World Wars.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The judge is wrong. It is indeed about freedom of speech/press, and the fact this sh##hole country has any defenders tells me all I need to know about you.

Although, judging by the "quality" of your other posts I'm not surprised. In the least.

Repulsive.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Ah My apologies!

It is very disturbing to see some folks here actually defending this country and their authoritarian BS democracy

(great avatar by the way)

link   

I'm pleased my ancestors fought and killed these despicable oppressors. I'm also happy we sent their a##es scurrying back across the Atlantic more than once. The British regulars used to wet themselves at the mere mention of President Washington's men.

Time to end this evil alliance. I don't see how the United States can associate with this joke of a "nation" in good conscience. Clearly, they've gone entirely rogue.

This, ladies and gentlemen and others, is a shining example of a disproportionate response.

link   
a reply to: JBurns

Try reading that quote in context with the rest of the post...

Nice try by the way, but you have to do better than that next time. You can be and do anything you like, but if you bore me, we will have a problem going forward.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Ah My apologies!

It is very disturbing to see some folks here actually defending this country and their authoritarian BS democracy

(great avatar by the way)

Very disturbing.

I am glad that our country started to fight back against this BS in the last election.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Again ignoring that the person here endangering the trial is Tommy Robinson.

Only because the authorities made it that way. Tommy doesn't have that power. Tommy cannot have any case thrown out much less have any case brought to trial.

Despite your frankly disgusting and deranged accusations that Truebrit is somehow defending the accused the only person whose actions could result in case being thrown out is Robinson who you a defending.

Because Tommy made it that way? Nope. Because Tommy has any power whatsoever over the evidence presented in court? Nope. Because Tommy can magically make people believe anything he wants? Nope.

The fake concern is clearly yours.

Yeah, right... that's it.... says the person who not once has referred to what vile and deplorable acts are being perpetrated on these young girls.

+13 more 
posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You should read what you wrote. You're the one sounds toxic. Not only toxic, but intolerant to differing opinions to the degree that you would have no problem with someone dying in jail, unjustly because you disagree with him.

You're not a true brit. You're a true ahole and you're part of the problem.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

This is why we maintain heavy private arsenals of weapons, in the States.

If 1/10th of the bull# that happens in the UK happened in the USA, we'd have our "law makers and judges" hanging by the neck.

And that isn't a figure of speech. Ask the British officers circa 18th century what we thought of their illegitimate government & the putrefying crown.
edit on 5/26/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The judge is wrong. It is indeed about freedom of speech/press, and the fact this sh##hole country has any defenders tells me all I need to know about you.

Although, judging by the "quality" of your other posts I'm not surprised. In the least.

Repulsive.

I suspect the Judge is far better informed about both the law and the circumstances than you are.

One important part of being a civilised country is the right to fair trial. Something Robinson and his defenders seen to have a problem with.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Robinson's speech has zero impact on "a fair trial"

Try again.

Also: appeal to authority failed. You'll have to do better than that. I'm an American, not a UK subject. I need an explanation, not some ape's "divine" will.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Again ignoring that the person here endangering the trial is Tommy Robinson.

Only because the authorities made it that way. Tommy doesn't have that power. Tommy cannot have any case thrown out much less have any case brought to trial.

Despite your frankly disgusting and deranged accusations that Truebrit is somehow defending the accused the only person whose actions could result in case being thrown out is Robinson who you a defending.

Because Tommy made it that way? Nope. Because Tommy has any power whatsoever over the evidence presented in court? Nope. Because Tommy can magically make people believe anything he wants? Nope.

The fake concern is clearly yours.

Yeah, right... that's it.... says the person who not once has referred to what vile and deplorable acts are being perpetrated on these young girls.

Lots of use of his first name. Are you a personal friend or do you just wish he was.

You clearly have no understanding of the law here. What `Tommy' did endangered the trial and broke court rules.

This isn't anything to do with what happened to the girls other than that his actions made it more likely they would get off. If you actually did have any concern about them you be condemning his actions not defending him. Your concern is clearly about 'Tommy' not them.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Then stop trying to justify locking an innocent human being up because he dared to ignore what your "authorities" demanded he do. He has the right to free speech, whether your dirt bag government likes it or not. Free speech is the only issue, period. It takes precedent over all other issues.

And if your "Crown prosecutors" are SO TERRIBLE at their jobs that mere free speech torpedoes their case? Perhaps they need to focus more on "evidence" and less on public opinion (aka democracy's mob justice)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Then explain the circumstances of this innocent Man's arrest.

Or admit your joke of a country is a bad joke gone wrong. And beg Trump to send in the Marines, for preservation of human rights, destruction of Tyranny wherever it exists and to mete out justice.

He committed contempt of court while on a suspended jail sentence for contempt of court. Simple.

Are you mental? A war to remove the presumption of innocence and right to a fair trial that are the backbones of justice and preventing tyranny? Feck off.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I'm more concerned with Tommy's free speech also. That is true.

But this isn't about compromising a trial. It is about your illegitimate government saying jump, then locking someone up when they refuse to salute and ask "how high"

You're long overdue for a revolution against tyranny. Join the Free Republic club, depose your tyrannical monarchy/government. You can ask our ancestors for advice on kicking British a## up and down this globe, we've been there and done that. More than once, actually.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I agree authorities failed in a lot of cases, both police and councils were worried of racism but are finally addressing the issue after many inquests into why, where and how it's happening, identifying potential at risk children and getting them away from such risk/awareness campaigns in what to look out for. It's by no means perfect but they finally admitted there was a specific issue and are addressing it.

Thank you. I very much appreciate acknowledgement that this is and has been a very serious issue that has been allowed to fester for far too long. I really hope you're right about the changes taking place. Obviously, what was being doing wasn't working and MUST be changed going forward.

However in these cases a trial cannot continue when people break fundamental rules of court cases. They're rightfully angry for what happened and have every right to protest, however they cannot do this outside a court - it's the councils and police forces that should be targeted.

Protesting, by nature and definition, isn't pretty or pleasant and goes anywhere and everywhere. Every authority involved should be targeted. Every authority should be accountable. Every authority should feel the pressure.

I know a reporter who covered the Rotheram abuse scandal, what was made public is a highly sanitised account of what went on, not because of any media blackout but because they were on 600mg of vallium a day by the end and had to be sectioned things were so horrific, thankfully much better now.

Wow. I heard it was horrible -- much worse than publicly revealed. I can relate a little. I once worked for the county children's services division and one of my duties was to type up the monthly reports from the field offices, which included absolutely horrific details of the child abuse cases. It was hell. Absolute hell. My heart goes out to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join