It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tommy Robinson (Arrested)

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: TrueBrit

Tommy Robinson may indeed be a twat and its undeniable that at times he talks absolute bollocks, but 13 months?
We regularly see all sorts of filth and scum get far less for far worse.

In this case, the law is definitely an arse.

The severely of the sentence is the same reason that perjury convictions get long sentences. There has to be consequences for actions that risk people getting a fair trial.

That said I think the additional 10 months for the second offence is a bit much when, as far as I can tell, it was for a less serious breech than the first offence.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
He will write a book inside and he will sell loads.
I bet he calls it my struggle.

To appeal to his fans it would have to be a picture book.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Will be a online digital meme book

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I got to the end of the end of your first main paragraph, which revealed that you did not bother to watch the video.
I'll get back to the rest, but it's a struggle when I know you are not discussing this issue based on any insight.

If you had watched the video, you would have known that those affiliations you speak of were not welcomed and in fact Robinson went as far as to publicly denounce them and have the Nazi flag burned in a video to them - to let them know to get the hell away as they were not welcome and as big an issue as extremist Muslims. Robinson is also a target of the neo-Nazi movement.

If you are going to question other people's knowledge on subjects and embellish your own, then you should at least make an effort to show that you actually have studied the guy's views before declaring he should be killed.

edit on 6/6/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   

The point is that the normal man in the street, who really doesn't care too much about legal niceties, regularly see's all sorts of pond life, nonces etc receiving non-custodial sentences whilst Robinson gets 13 months shoved up his arse for what is perceived to be a far lesser crime.
Is it any wonder that people question the reasoning behind it?

There is a perception that transgressors against 'our' judicial system are treated more severely than child molesters and people who mug and rob old people.

And if we are being brutally honest many believe Robinson was jailed for exposing the demographics of yet another grooming gang.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

The point is that the normal man in the street, who really doesn't care too much about legal niceties, regularly see's all sorts of pond life, nonces etc receiving non-custodial sentences whilst Robinson gets 13 months shoved up his arse for what is perceived to be a far lesser crime.
Is it any wonder that people question the reasoning behind it?

There is a perception that transgressors against 'our' judicial system are treated more severely than child molesters and people who mug and rob old people.

And if we are being brutally honest many believe Robinson was jailed for exposing the demographics of yet another grooming gang.

It's not a legal nicety it's a fundamental part of ensuring a fair and functioning legal system.

Other sentences may be too lenient, and equally some to harsh. I think there is a lot of historical baggage in sentencing guidelines that mean comparatively minor crimes can get harsher sentences than more serious ones.

However what Robinson did was not a minor thing. He knowingly risked the trial of accused child molesters.

Many might believe that he is jailed for exposing grooming gangs but they would be utterly wrong. Robinson had had nothing to do with that (and suggesting he has is an insult to those who have worked to expose them).

Instead he has gone for shameless self publicity and pushing his toxic agenda by focusing on people already on trial. He had done so, and this is worth repeating, in a way that he knew risked the trial of accused child molesters. The man is a low life for that reason alone.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I agree that Robinson compromised the legitimacy of the trial, the point is the severity of the punishment.

To some, possibly many, it seems that Robinson has committed a greater crime than those he illegally sought to expose.

Yes, he is a complete arsehole....but to deny that there is a complete refusal in some quarters to recognise and publicly accept that there is a particular problem within a certain section of British society with regards to grooming underage girls is tantamount to criminal negligence.
Robinson, in his at times illegal and counter-productive way, is viewed by some to be attempting to expose these denials and that he is being punished for that rather than contempt of court.

Please be aware that to some extent I am merely acting as some sort of Devil's advocate here.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You are aware of his extensive criminal history and the fact he was on probation at the time right?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Of course I'm aware.
But the point is; are you aware of the lenient sentences, sometimes non-custodial, handed out on an almost daily basis to paedophiles and other scumbags here in the UK?
When taking that into consideration many people think that its disproportionate and he's only got that because of his opinions.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Xcathdra

Of course I'm aware.
But the point is; are you aware of the lenient sentences, sometimes non-custodial, handed out on an almost daily basis to paedophiles and other scumbags here in the UK?
When taking that into consideration many people think that its disproportionate and he's only got that because of his opinions.

That seems more an argument that sentences fir some crimes are way to light than that what Robinson got was to severe.

He was interfering in the trial of accused child molesters. A custodial sentence seems entirely appropriate. I do as i said earlier think the 10 month second sentence was disproportionate to the 3 month original one.

The issue of child sex offenders getting short sentences is separate. Personally I would have no problem with a 5 year minimum for any offence even related to child abuse with much higher sentences for the main offenders.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

It's entirely possible he made the judge cranky and his extra time (which is excessive) was given to set an example of him, I've been in front of a judge before and to put it mildly they have very thin skin.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's entirely possible he made the judge cranky and his extra time (which is excessive) was given to set an example of him, I've been in front of a judge before and to put it mildly they have very thin skin.

I am sure his behaviour totally p`d off the judge. For obvious reasons contempt of court is not likely to get on judges good side. It's more that 10 months for what seems the less serious offence seems a big jump up even taking into account the previous warning by got.

Absolutely fine with him getting jail time for what he did.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Indeed, well hopefully he gets the message, I should say it's good he's made some of the public aware of the rape gangs, hopefully he can continue to expose that scum in a way that is effective as well as keeps him out of the can.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

And again, his words and his theatrics do not match his actual motivations.

Interesting to know that all a person has to do is effectively stage manage themselves in order to make you believe whatever they like though, UKTruth.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
long thread, didn't read all pages.

I watched this.

Seems like 4 hrs from arrest to jail is suspect.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

I watched this.

Not for contempt of court, especially when you plead guilty.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

I watched this.

Not for contempt of court, especially when you plead guilty.

Yeah right.

Good luck with your country.

Long live the Queen!

You guys are so screwed.

edit on 6 7 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

You guys are so screwed.

Because we have the rule of law?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

You realise the US has the same law yeah? Sentencing takes place in court in seconds there without an independent judge.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
What exactly did he do to supposedly 'jeopardize' the trial.

From what I heard he researched how far he had to be from the court for it to be legal. Was it recording the coming and goings? There's another thread in this here above top secret site, where the press recorded in the UK outside a trial of child molesters just a few years ago, of course nonmuslim molesters link to thread.

Is it the shouting of scum to child molesters? Obviously the jurors, even if they hear that, knowing what they're being tried for, would understand why anyone would be tempted to call them that. It should have no real influence.

In reality it seems what they want and the lack of press is by design to hide the truth of the grooming gangs and punish anyone who reveals such.
edit on 7-6-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join