It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tommy Robinson (Arrested)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13
... and am learning more about Robinson so I can have a better understanding of who he truly is. The problem I am running into is what news sources in the UK are legitimate and not fake news as we here in the US are overrun with agenda driven fake news networks. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Why rely on news sources?

Go onto youtube and type "Tommy Robinson debate" or "Tommy Robinson speech" or similar. You can even use the filter function and change duration to long (>20 mins), so you can watch the full debates if you wish.

Then you can make you own mind up! Much better than any media

He is very misrepresented by our media and he is in fact, very intelligent.

edit on 83012bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 27 May 2018 04:12:22 -05003118 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
My perspective is that he broke the law and is trying to interfere with court cases on purpose. I don't really have an opinion on his views at the moment, as I haven't looked into them much and find it irrelevant to whether or not he broke the law.

For those of you who support him just because you agree with his views, but aren't seeing how come it is problematic for him to take the law into his own hands and attempt to sway court cases, I guess you will have to think of a situation where it would annoy you if someone tried to sway a court case in a direction you didn't want it to go.

I'm not an expert on this by any means, but I'll try to come up with an example. Let's say a child was raped, maybe even a bunch of children involved in a child sex trafficking program. Well then let's say that these kids identities were protected by law, but some nutcase came over and started filming them and revealing their identities. And then, he attempted to slander the kids and make it look like they were drug addicts and that they had it coming, and that they were lying about being involved with child sex trafficking as victims. And he did all of this in front of the courthouse, in violation of a few laws, and even had a history of prior activities similar to this one for which he had been let go with relatively little punishment.
edit on 27amSun, 27 May 2018 04:11:44 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 27amSun, 27 May 2018 04:15:19 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 27amSun, 27 May 2018 04:16:19 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Thanks, I have no problem with seeing what he has to say. I appreciate the information on where to find it.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Look like this storm is still building. I have heard of some court cases dropped for such minor reasons it does make one wonder how much the defendant had to pay his attorney. Each case does need to proceed on its own merits. Sure everyone deserves a fair trial, but if it just takes some nut with a camera to throw a temper tantrum to get a mistrial, Hillary should take note. There is a lot more to a fair trial than the expressions from members of the public.

To see all the people building up to protest, there is a deep and growing repulsion for all the pedogate, pizzagate and now kababgate cultures that remain. The UK has a bad reputation of cover up here. Crime does affect all of society, some more than others. For those in authority attempting to deny any discourse on these topics, it does look to be having some bad blow back.

edit on 27-5-2018 by kwakakev because: spelling

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
twitter.com...

Rumor T R in Hospital after an attack in Hull Prison. ?

BREAKING #TommyRobbinson ASSAULTED BY MUSLIM Fears he'd be physically harmed have been confirmed. Tommy was assaulted by a Muslim inmate as pre-warned. He is currently receiving treatment in the Hull Prison hospital. HPM Hull Prison Hedon Rd, Hull #FreeTommy #IamTommyRobinson

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: seeker1963

The guy is a criminal, you are free to support him if you choose to. I find it interesting that's all and obviously you're confused I wasn't defending anything .

And yet we can find you vociferously defending any black thug shot by a cop in all those threads.

You have no problem defending those criminals but not this one. Interesting that.

Best pull down your bloomers cause your true colors are showing.

(post by Carcharadon removed for a manners violation)
(post by Carcharadon removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12

originally posted by: Carcharadon

Do you need a cuddle ? Would that make you feel better, I give really good cuddles...

Most weak chinned, noodle armed beta commies do.

The last time I saw people like you just described was at an anti male Democrat Parade in South Carolina.

Sounds about right.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadlink

Thank you for the kind words

And welcome to ATS!!!

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

The rights of the accused are a concern. The right to not be identified as the accused is a whole other ballgame they played FOR the rapists. It is sure how it looks from here.

And it looks the same to me.

By all means protect the rights of the defendant. I'm a huge believer in righteous wins. Not kangaroo courts or star chambers. And by all means protect the privacy of the victims. But all else -- especially all evidence -- should be brought into the bright sunlight for all to see. Evil thrives in darkness. We all have a right to know that the powers we grant authority and power over us are exercising that power appropriately. That's another very important way we protect both victims and defendants.

The prosecutors either have the evidence or they don't.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12

Do you need a cuddle ? Would that make you feel better, I give really good cuddles...

Most weak chinned, noodle armed beta commies do.

The last time I saw people like you just described was at an anti male Democrat Parade in South Carolina.

Sounds about right.

Actually I made that up.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Heads up to UK posters - regardless of views on Tommy, if discussing this don't do so on a UK server. As of 2pm Friday there was a section 42 placed on Tommy and it appears the wider case.

As defense are pleading for mistrial they can use Tommy's video and discussion of this on UK messageboards in evidence and gain acquittal as presumption of innocence was voided. It's also illegal to discuss (which is why newspapers don't have comment sections on legal cases) but unlikely to ever be pulled up and slander/libel.

It's bad enough he's made these guys get off scott free, it'd be even worse if they got a multi-million pound payout for being wrongly accused of guilt pre-trial causing 'damage to emotion, loss of employment, family' or whatever bull# excuse can be thought up of.

originally posted by: Boadicea
reply to: Justoneman

The rights of the accused are a concern. The right to not be identified as the accused is a whole other ballgame they played FOR the rapists. It is sure how it looks from here.

And it looks the same to me.

By all means protect the rights of the defendant. I'm a huge believer in righteous wins. Not kangaroo courts or star chambers. And by all means protect the privacy of the victims. But all else -- especially all evidence -- should be brought into the bright sunlight for all to see. Evil thrives in darkness. We all have a right to know that the powers we grant authority and power over us are exercising that power appropriately. That's another very important way we protect both victims and defendants.

The prosecutors either have the evidence or they don't.

That's all done openly within the court, prosecutors have any and all evidence, as does the defence - however outside the court it is illegal to report that until a trial concludes otherwise it predjudices the trial. By broadcasting on Facebook he stepped into a whole different world of restrictions on what can and cannot be made public until a trial is concluded.

For better or worse the US has a more open policy of media filming and debate of ongoing trials, but in the UK then they are barred from doing so until a trial concludes to ensure a fair trial.

Journalists attend court cases and hearings for months before issuing full reports where all this is made public post trial. There's also weekly news stories of the press managing to get people acquitted of crimes and released from jail due to newspapers uncovering shocking cases of police lying in court, evidence being tampered, statements fabricated.

Tommy broke this in one of the most overt ways possible by trying to interview people arriving at court. Doing this tips the scales of justice either for or against the defendant and corrupts a trial.

Trying to seek statement from jury, defendant, victim, witness, prosecution in ongoing trials is illegal.

On top of this he illegally reported false information claiming the trial was due to finish that day and a verdict would take place when that's at least 12 months away (though the trial will collapse because of Tommy).

He also illegally claimed that the defendants had commited the offences, regardless of how compelling evidence is, even if the accused admits it, you can't say they're guilty until a verdict has been read out - again a breach of this will corrupt a trial by

There were already restrictions in place which he broke.

He also broke the terms of his suspended prison sentence.
edit on 27-5-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
wrong thread.
Sorry
edit on Sun May 27 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Have a great day everyone . Speak your mind , be honest and be nice maybe ?

They can knock on my door if they like and carry me of in a wheelchair.
Expecting this thread to dissolve. What a bucket of worms we have here.

Norman and Saxon A.D. 11.00
"My son," said the Norman Baron,
"I am dying, and you will be heir
To all the broad acres in England that William gave me for share
When he conquered the Saxon at Hastings, and a nice little handful it is.
But before you go over to rule it I want you to understand this:–
"The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite.
But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right.
When he stands like an ox in the furrow – with his sullen set eyes on your own,
And grumbles, 'This isn't fair dealing,' my son, leave the Saxon alone.
"You can horsewhip your Gascony archers, or torture your Picardy spears;
But don't try that game on the Saxon; you'll have the whole brood round your ears.
From the richest old Thane in the county to the poorest chained serf in the field,
They'll be at you and on you like hornets, and, if you are wise, you will yield.
"But first you must master their language, their dialect, proverbs and songs.
Don't trust any clerk to interpret when they come with the tale of their wrongs.
Let them know that you know what they're saying; let them feel that you know what to say.
Yes, even when you want to go hunting, hear 'em out if it takes you all day.
They'll drink every hour of the daylight and poach every hour of the dark.
It's the sport not the rabbits they're after (we've plenty of game in the park).
Don't hang them or cut off their fingers.
That's wasteful as well as unkind,
For a hard-bitten, South-country poacher makes the best man- at-arms you can find.
"Appear with your wife and the children at their weddings and funerals and feasts.
Be polite but not friendly to Bishops; be good to all poor parish priests.
Say 'we,' 'us' and 'ours' when you're talking, instead of 'you fellows' and 'I.
' Don't ride over seeds; keep your temper; and never you tell 'em a lie!"

www.kiplingsociety.co.uk...

edit on 27 5 2018 by skywatcher44 because: Add a Little..

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I understand and appreciate the facts of what you're saying... these are the laws as they stand in the UK. Increasingly, the US courts rule for much the same effect by court order -- such as gag orders -- though it's not codified into law.

But it doesn't make it right or fair or just. It only provides cover under color of law for bad behavior by authorities, whether in favor of the defendant or against the defendant -- and plenty of other bad behavior.

For example: Two Rotherham councillors and police officer accused of 'sex with abuse scandal victims'

Hence my previous statement:

We all have a right to know that the powers we grant authority and power over us are exercising that power appropriately.

When the truth is criminalized, that's the crap that happens. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join