It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tommy Robinson (Arrested)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Thanks for posting that vid Flatcoat. Very interesting view

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Tommy came to the US a bit back and the UK government is so corrupt they had our government hold him and send him back!!! Kinda pissed that we bowed down to the UK's fascist BS.....

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: bastion

So, the accused doesn't have a right to directly face the person accusing them?

Because, keep in mind these are still merely allegations.

In the case of a child no, whether it be witness or victim. Cross examination and the like is all done via a link to a room to ensure justice and child protection. There's no benefit to direct access but it can cause the alleged victim immense trauma and harm if the allegations turn out to be true.

The Youth Justice and Criminal Evidence Act 1999 (YJCEA) sets out a range of measures that are available to witnesses in criminal proceedings who are deemed to be 'intimidated'. The special measures which may be relevant for intimidated witnesses are: screening the witness from the accused; evidence by live link; evidence given in private.

Section 17 of the YJCEA deals with intimidated witnesses and provides that special measures may be provided where the quality of evidence given by a witness is likely to be diminished by reason of fear or distress on the part of the witness in connection with testifying in the proceedings. In determining this, the court must take into account a number of factors.

Witnesses to specified gun and knife crime offences are automatically eligible for special measures under section 17.

Special measures are not available as of right if a witness qualifies as an intimidated witness. When an application is made by the prosecutor on behalf of an eligible witness, the judge must consider a number of factors before making a decision. These factors are set out in section 19 of the YJCEA.

The procedure for making an application for special measures is governed by Rule 29 of the Criminal Procedure Rules 2010 (CPR). The application must be in writing as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event no more than 14 days after the defendant has pleaded not guilty. As a consequence of the time frames imposed by the CPR witnesses cannot be offered any guarantees, prior to the making of the application, that special measures will be granted.

www.cps.gov.uk...
www.cps.gov.uk...

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: JBurns

But their belief in and love for their country is something they should be proud of

If it was this, then I'd have been a member for years but sadly it's not.

Yup it's a group of lads who take loads of coke and drink stella then go 'p*ki bashing' for fun and get so drunk that by the time they arrive at protests they are either passing out or pissing in the street. Nothing to be proud of.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I absolutely agree with the protections regarding children. And I can see where a severely traumatized adult victim could benefit from it. But the witness side of it, unless there's been documented intimidation attempts by the suspect or their associates, seems to be overkill to me.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Kurokage

BNP = British NATIONALIST Party

Nationalism does not equal racism. Try again.

By the way, Islam isn't a race. Again, it is a religion.

Nothing wrong with wanting to keep YOUR COUNTRY as YOUR COUNTRY

British National Party actually.

And they aren't racist because of their name. They are racist because of their beliefs and policies.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
The UK doesn’t care about free speech and independent journalism, so this wouldn’t surprise me.

The judge seemed to think different.

'
Judge Norton went on: “This is not about freedom of speech or freedom of the press. This is not about legitimate journalism or political correctness. It’s about justice and ensuring that a trial can be carried out justly and fairly, and ensuring that a jury is not in any way inhibited in carrying out its important function.”

'

you mean you legal system finally found a good reason to shut this guy up. no wrong think in the UK right? Sounds authoritarian with a pinch of denial
edit on 26-5-2018 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Nothing to do with shutting him up.

He broke court rules on filming, simple as that.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

originally posted by: ScepticScot

a reply to: ScepticScot

Can you define "racism" for me?

I don't believe you understand the meaning of the words you're saying. At least not in this case. And I say that respectfully. As respectful as I can be RE: brainwashing, anyhow.

I understand the word perfectly well. Attempts to redefine to non existence by bigots and racists not withstanding.

So criticizing Islam is racist then?

Depends. But that has nothing to do with what I said.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: skywatcher44

First of all, he has not been highlighting anything.

He accused the authorities of ignoring criminal offenses on the part of certain individuals, while those individuals were on trial for the very things that he was suggesting had been ignored, which is the most illogical position it is possible to take. You cannot stand in front of a courthouse, complaining that the law is refusing to deal with a thing, when that thing is actually passing through the court system at the time. Its simply not realistic to do so.

Furthermore, if he does die in prison, that will be one less piece of toxic filth that the people of this once great nation, have to deal with going forward.

Please take True out of your username title

You're anything but

This is political dissent, don't you know we fought the Nazis over this ?

Tommy was the only journalist covering these HUGE Islamic grooming gang crimes

90% of these crimes against none muslim infidels is committed by just 5% of the UK population

Our government are burying these under the carpet while attacking Trump over FAKE NEWS and globalist propaganda, we stand with Trump, We stand with tommy

And YOU have had the wool pulled over your eyes

edit on 26-5-2018 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Love him or hate him he has some support who don't quite agree with the leftish drivel that is spoiling our Homeland.
At least he has the ballons along with our Nigel Farage to speak out about Groomers and rapists who are and have been running amok in our fine country..

Footage shows the large group waving St George flags as several men make their way to the top of the gates and pump their fists at onlookers. Scotland Yard told Metro.co.uk the protest, which later moved to Parliament Square, was under control and no arrests were made. However, photos show dozens of officers wrestling with supporters as they push towards the gates. Nearly 90,000 people have now signed a petition to ‘Free Tommy Robinson’ in just 24 hours. Read more: metro.co.uk... Twitter: twitter.com... | Facebook: www.facebook.com...

edit on 26 5 2018 by skywatcher44 because: Add a Little..

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Which part of his behaviour? Probably the part where he created a false narrative designed to inspire anger and action amongst his support base, who have been known to cause violence. I am pretty certain that there are significant penalties involved with that sort of behaviour, as well as several directions from a legal perspective, from which he could, rightly, be attacked as a result of those actions.

If he did not wish the potential jail sentence, he probably should have chosen to do something else with his time.

You are a flat out LIAR and only parroting the globalist MSM narrative and lines

Tommy HAS NEVER called for any violence, his agenda is to wake people up to Islam for which the globalist elites have designed to force upon the western world

Tommy only educates his followers and they have NEVER been violent

That would be the Muslims he is warning the western world about

Rebellion is coming and you're on the wrong side, our freedom of speech will never ever be suppressed

Our globalist puppet government no longer represents the British people just like the democrats in the US no longer represent our US brothers and sisters

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oh dear lord! Pointing out and denouncing the very loopholes and weasel words and actions that allow for this injustice is not a lack of understanding!!!! It's the ultimate understanding!!!

Keep protecting the abuse that continues for exactly the reasons you are defending. I won't. Our words will stand on their own merit.

And now I'm done with you.

The rights of the accused are a concern. The right to not be identified as the accused is a whole other ballgame they played FOR the rapists. It is sure how it looks from here.

Right to face your accuser and in a court of law precludes privacy. If it goes to court it is now a public matter, period.

The perps need exposed for their crimes and if innocent, exoneration. That is all this is about and it sounds like rapists are being coddled.

edit on 26-5-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Glad to see a person defend their heritage and country from the globalist agenda!
I support Ukraine, Poland and any other country who defends their National pride and heritage!

Those of us across the pond are watching closely what is happening in the EU because as soon as we elect a globalist criminal for President we will be facing the same BS you guys are dealing with.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have time for Stefan also.

and

edit on 26 5 2018 by skywatcher44 because: Add a Little..

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Funny how a few Brits came out calling Tommy a fascist/racist/bigot etc etc, yet they shown the rest of us who the real fascists are? Hitler would be very proud of the so called Anti Fascists in todays upside down world?

I still have some hope that the Brits who still value their heritage and values can fight back against this globalist cancer. I really do.....

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So essentially, recording something the government doesn't like in public, warrants an immediate 13 month prison sentence.

To make matters worse, the government ordered a media blackout on the topic.

This is textbook fascism. Not fake fascism that the left often pushes but true fascism and witnessed throughout history.

This is imprisoning a citizen without trial for daring to report on a subject the government doesn't want reported.

Eerily similar to being taken away to a Russian gulag without trial for speaking against the USSR.

And like clockwork, some lefties in this thread show what we already knew, their true beliefs align with fascism, are almost in lockstep with the way in which the Nazi party came to rise in Germany. This is almost a death sentence for Tommy in a UK prison.
edit on 26-5-2018 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
So essentially, recording something the government doesn't like in public, warrants an immediate 13 month prison sentence.

To make matters worse, the government ordered a media blackout on the topic.

This is textbook fascism. Not fake fascism that the left often pushes but true fascism and witnessed throughout history.

This is imprisoning a citizen without trial for daring to report on a subject the government doesn't want reported.

Eerily similar to being taken away to a Russian gulag without trial for speaking against the USSR.

And like clockwork, some lefties in this thread show what we already knew, their true beliefs align with fascism, are almost in lockstep with the way in which the Nazi party came to rise in Germany. This is almost a death sentence for Tommy in a UK prison.

Yep! Take note of the so called "Anti fascists" supporting it!

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Funny how a few Brits came out calling Tommy a fascist/racist/bigot etc etc, yet they shown the rest of us who the real fascists are? Hitler would be very proud of the so called Anti Fascists in todays upside down world?

I still have some hope that the Brits who still value their heritage and values can fight back against this globalist cancer. I really do.....

Me too, all joking aside any of us Yanks have made about kicking their a's. They are our cousins and were responsible for obtaining the Magna Carta from the royals which became the backbone of western civility. They inspired our COTUS and our Bill of Rights. Their blood was shed for the freedoms of all serfs and slaves alike and we've owed them our aid for that alone.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is the same legal system that jailed Oscar Wilde and Alan Turing for being gay. “Hey, they broke the law” isn’t a sufficient enough argument when the laws stink. This is an entirely unjust arrest by an unjust law enforcement.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join