It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spatial dimensions vs non-spatial dimensions.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

i read it.
i think we are just using different terms for the same basic thing

in the end i know # i did not know 2 days ago.
i know that we are only scratching the surface of what is possible with our minds.
i know that this physical 3d world we live in is just a small piece

i feel like at some point we will shed physical forms because they will not be needed. they are needed now because we can not tap in and control the full potential of our mind.
we have a LONG way to go.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Its easy to see why such an experience can change a person. It is not alien to me. An important thing to remember is that higher dimensions may not all be physical. I've experienced states of existence that feel "aetherial", but I still consider them physical (like a higher state of physics). In such states, time and space are much more fluid. However, just as transcendental numbers are non-algebraic, I think consciousness even transcends the aetherial (hyperphysical) dimensions. These involve dimensions of truth. We can draw physical analogies to represent them, but they only exist in the realm of consciousness. This is what I consider to be spiritual, and I think its important not to confuse the awe associated with aetherial experience of higher physical dimensions with true spiritual potentials of consciousness. For that very reason, I decided to abandon the sort of experimentation that I believe you're referring to. I don't think the brain was meant to indiscriminately take in so much information at one time. That's how computers catch viruses, and I know a close friend who caught a mind-virus to put it in general terms.

I think you're right, in that the mind is the true individual, and it is capable of existing independent of the body. Whether our modern interpretation of science agrees with it or not, there are things about human existence that have yet to be explained. It can't all be biochemistry.

I'll try to PM you later. Hopefully, it will work this time. Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
I decided to abandon the sort of experimentation that I believe you're referring to. I don't think the brain was meant to indiscriminately take in so much information at one time.

An important thing to remember is that higher dimensions may not all be physical.

I'll try to PM you later. Hopefully, it will work this time. Thanks for sharing.

i lean the other way. i have experimented many times but not with this like this.
i think the brain/mind was meant to or it would not be capable of it. i just think that we are still very primitive and can not control it yet.

its like your brain just opens up.

i dont think the other dimensions are physical at all. thats what i am trying to say.
when i say i was there i dont mean my physical self. i think we will reach a point where there is no need for a physical self.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You may be interested in this meditation experience I shared in another thread of mine. Its partly what inspired this present thread.

I had a breakthrough today. Not THE breakthrough, but A breakthrough. I used my technique again, ditched the timer, sat there breathing slowly, listening to the ground state frequency of silence, until the sensation of my hands dissolved. That has become my initial benchmark. I maintained that state for some time. I couldn't seem to find a way to push it further.

Then I realized that what I was feeling was akin to my soul becoming like a Bose-Einstein condensate.

By slowing the activity of my mind, I was able to bring it to such a state of inertia that it was like my soul was reduced down to a fundamental wave. That understanding triggered the breakthrough. What started in my hands spread up to my arms, while my legs, chest, and forehead where doing the same. Eventually, the entire surface of my body dissolved. My sense of physical orientation was gone. All that remained was my sensation of breath, sight, hearing, and smell.

It felt like I was moving, but not anywhere within the x, y, z, axes. I felt a sudden surge of emotion...so strong that I could have burst into tears, but I was beyond that capacity. It was truly a remarkable state.

I tried not to be distracted by intense awe, but my focus was growing weak. Slowly, I began reintegrating. My sense of positional orientation returned, the epicenters of energy in my hands, legs, chest, and forehead started solidifying, and I was back in the flesh. I was able to delay the reintegration process for a while, but unable to reverse it. It was like my mind needed rest from such intense focus, just as a muscle becomes fatigued after exercise.

I think next time, I will be able to sustain the 'condensate' state for much longer. I believe with each successful session, I am building my capacity to achieve new depths.

I would say more, but words escape me. Perhaps one day I'll be able to describe the experience in a series of transcendental equations....

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Personally, I'm not at all convinced the mind can exist separately from the body. But, I do see it (mind) as being a bit like a leaf on a tree. So, it technically can exist separately, for a time. More important to that analogy is determining what is part of the brain-induced "mind," and what might be sourced.. elsewhere.

I find it fascinating that one of the most common Epiphany/Enlightenment experiences is that of multiple dimensions. Whether thats enteogenic or otherwise appears to have roughly the same results. Though, i would say that "au natural" is significantly more effective overall.

Even in the strictest materialist sense, we obviously exist in multiple dimensions, but that certainly doesn't mean we perceive it or experience it.

I suspect if we were brought up differently, we'd be characters in a much different story, but as it stands we have what we have. Its my personal belief that this specific experience is actually one of our most basic as a species. But, without experiencing the obvious dimensions defined and discretely, we don't have much of a foundation to build beyond that, as a species.

And.. I suspect there is a lot more to who and what we are beyond the leaves.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I don't think the mind, or as I refer to it, the soul, is meant to exist apart from the body permanently. I believe that the flesh is a sort of temporary training vessel, and that we are ultimately destined to receive a new resurrected body that has a much higher spectrum of capabilities. It will probably reflect the knowledge codified in the mind.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I refer to it as the soul too

As you have probably discovered on that, it frequently results in confusion and miscommunication though. I do believe that making a distinction between the soul and the spirit is important.

I even go so far as to think that the story of the fall of man (Adam and Eve) refers to the process of how we got where we are today. Meaning, the loss of the constant perception of all the constituent parts of our being and a total immersion into duality.

Even in just our physical bodies, we frequently are only aware of our thoughts, which are usually limited to words.

Being aware of something like our breathing alongside our thoughts is quite difficult for many. Most will either switch between the two, or maybe think about the breathing. The latter sounds completely sensible, but if we frame it as the inverse (breathe about our thinking), it appears as nonsense.

I think that many individuals throughout our history have glimpsed into these different arenas with a variety of approaches. But, its tough to make that jump as a species.

I have no doubt we will get there. I think we are even getting glimpses into the possibilities with concepts like "quantum."

But, as it standard, we are still looking at it all through the lens of the current brain based pattern recognition machine. Without changing something, I believe we are essentially stuck in the ssame place we have been stuck for generations: random individuals getting glimpses, but little to no societal or cultural foundation.

Once we create that building block, and let it grow over a few generations.. I'm not sure the result would even be recognizable. Which is really kind of cool

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I don't think the mind, or as I refer to it, the soul, is meant to exist apart from the body permanently. I believe that the flesh is a sort of temporary training vessel, and that we are ultimately destined to receive a new resurrected body that has a much higher spectrum of capabilities. It will probably reflect the knowledge codified in the mind.

you can experience so much with just the mind. makes the body seem useless and primitive.
not just experience. but see and feel. its crazy.

there are certain experiences that will not be able to be explained to people if they have not been there themselves. it is just not possible.
people are not getting the whole picture though. just a very small part of it.
words are not enough

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The body is only as useless as the brain that we use to perceive such phenomena. Think of the wave-particle duality. It's only natural that the soul have a house to rest during "waking" hours. On the flip side, the body rests while the soul explores the unknown.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

i dont know man. i am talking about the mind. not the brain. i dont think the mind needs a physical space to be housed in.
i have a lot of reading and thinking to do though

more experiments will be along soon but i need to spend some time thinking before i go again.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Think about the nature of being human. We are minds/souls, that perceive and interpret physical reality through our brains. What is the purpose? To learn the infinite in a categorized set of finite principles. The ultimate purpose of existence (IMO) is to learn. Its what humans are good at doing, that is, when the need arises. So this is why the immortal soul has a mortal vessel (again, IMO). Otherwise what's the purpose of just knowing everything from birth/emergence?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join