It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How That Massive Battle Between US Troops And Russian Mercenaries In Syria Went Down

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: infolurker

Thank God Air Support didn't have to wait for permission from the State Department to provide back up? Sure as hell refreshing to know we have a President that allows our troops to kick ass and take names later?

Of course we had air and ground support in Syria an active combat zone, something we didnt have in Libya which wasnt an active combat zone at the time of the attack. Do you even know where Benghazi is and how far support was from it? You should sit down with google maps and the answer should smack you in the face really quickly.

Yeah great f'n planning by the obama admin.

WTF?!

I am sorry but, what? We cant have US military in every corner of the world at any given moment. Especially because diplomatic missions happen all over the world all the time even in less then friendly countries.

...we kinda can.
en.m.wikipedia.org...
en.m.wikipedia.org...

..... and its kinda the most important aspect of our military
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Thank God Air Support didn't have to wait for permission from the State Department to provide back up? Sure as hell refreshing to know we have a President that allows our troops to kick ass and take names later?

Of course we had air and ground support in Syria an active combat zone, something we didnt have in Libya which wasnt an active combat zone at the time of the attack. Do you even know where Benghazi is and how far support was from it? You should sit down with google maps and the answer should smack you in the face really quickly.

WTF?!

I am sorry but, what? We cant have US military in every corner of the world at any given moment. Especially because diplomatic missions happen all over the world all the time even in less then friendly countries.

Yeah coz libya was such a friendly country.

Get the local MS-13 for security, right?

But, but, it was because of a video right?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt

WTF?!

...we kinda can.
en.m.wikipedia.org...
en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

There ya again, screwing up a perfectly, uhh, reasonable conversation with facts.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The source for this story is the Pentagon. Who never failed to tell us we were winning in Vietnam. So take everything with a grain of salt.

-------------

"... near a crucial Conoco gas plant."

Corporate assets must be protected, and I don't care how many lives or tax dollars it takes to do it.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Wow, finally we have some insight into some of the fighting in Syria. In this battle, 30 US soldiers were surrounded by Russian mercs and Syrian Govt. forces. Appears the Russians were told to back off and warning shots were fired. Instead, they attacked and needless to say, major @ss-whipping occurred.

www.nytimes.com...

taskandpurpose.com...

The American forces: The U.S. military contingent consisted of 30 soldiers culled from the 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta and 75th Ranger Regiment deployed under Joint Special Operations Command in an advise-and-assist role to help out Kurdish forces near a crucial Conoco gas plant.

Over the course of the day on February 7, that contingent of 30 Delta Force and Ranger soldiers was gradually encircled by more than 500 pro-regime fighters and 27 vehicles ranging from a trio of Russian-made T-72 main battle tanks to armored personnel.

Sh*t hits the fan: Around 10pm on February 7th, the joint Russian and Syrian force began bombarding the Conoco outpost with artillery and mortar rounds as the U.S. service members returned fire with Javelin anti-tank missiles.

Air support arrives … “American warplanes arrived in waves

the Russia force consisted mostly of mercenaries hired by Vladimir Putin’s preferred private military contractor The Wagner Group

The mercenaries gave up and retreated around 2:30 AM after four hours of fighting. Zero American troops were harmed, and somewhere around 300 Syrian and Russia forces were killed.

What evidence proves Rissia used mercaneries?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Just imagine if the death toll were the other way around... because apparently Syrian lives don't matter.
I'd like to see China help Syria defend itself from the western war criminals.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Cause I guarantee you if it were 300 dead Americans our bullying in Syria would get much worse.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

WTF?!

...we kinda can.
en.m.wikipedia.org...
en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

There ya again, screwing up a perfectly, uhh, reasonable conversation with facts.

Sorry. I generally try not to do that. Ill just go back to looking at this map of the navy fleets deployment during Benghazi that shows 200 miles from Benghazi a destroyer that carries 2 helicopters that can travel 500 miles at 160 mph.....

www.judicialwatch.org...
edit on 26-5-2018 by Whoisjohngalt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Trump wins again.

Turns out Obama was the JV leaguer in over his head, didn't know how to lead a winning team.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Let me first say........

I am proud of my brothers in arms, for defending their own......

Let me follow this up by, were fighting on the wrong side......

This coming from a Enlisted Marine birth-date '99 to 2008.......

edit on 5/26/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Let me first say........

I am proud of my brothers in arms, for defending their own......

Let me follow this up by, were fighting on the wrong side......

This coming from a Enlisted Marine birth-date '99 to 2008.......

...I am intrigued. Please go on

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

WTF?!

...we kinda can.
en.m.wikipedia.org...
en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Sorry. I generally try not to do that. Ill just go back to looking at this map of the navy fleets deployment during Benghazi that shows 200 miles from Benghazi a destroyer that carries 2 helicopters that can travel 500 miles at 160 mph.....

www.judicialwatch.org...

You cant just throw max range and max speed out like that because you cant run at max speed to reach max range. Second max range and max speed goes down when you throw extra weight such as combat troops with combat gear which the guided missile destroyer isnt likely to have. 3rd it was closer to 300 miles out making it a one way trip for the MH-60s if they could even reach it with a full troop load plus whatever special mission config they might have had.

So no its not just as simple as flying two helicopters there.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

WTF?!

...we kinda can.
en.m.wikipedia.org...
en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The nearest carrier to Benghazi at the time was 160+ hours away... So while we can move assets to places, we dont have them everywhere at any given time.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Wow, that's one hell of a kill/death ratio.

Thats what air support will do.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

WTF?!

...we kinda can.
en.m.wikipedia.org...
en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

www.judicialwatch.org...

You cant just throw max range and max speed out like that because you cant run at max speed to reach max range. Second max range and max speed goes down when you throw extra weight such as combat troops with combat gear which the guided missile destroyer isnt likely to have. 3rd it was closer to 300 miles out making it a one way trip for the MH-60s if they could even reach it with a full troop load plus whatever special mission config they might have had.

True. But two MH-60s with door gunners making a few passes combined with fire from the destroyer, then refueling at a Libyan airfield controlled by a government that was.... friendly (i use the term loosely) could make it make to the destroyer, and would buy time for the rest of every tbing else to get there. But there was no one important enough there for them to take the risk.
If someone important, maybe someone whose name rhymed with smillery schmitten, were are the embassy or the annex, they would have landed the destroyer on the damn beach.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

WTF?!

...we kinda can.
en.m.wikipedia.org...
en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

www.judicialwatch.org...

True. But two MH-60s with door gunners making a few passes combined with fire from the destroyer, then refueling at a Libyan airfield controlled by a government that was.... friendly (i use the term loosely) could make it make to the destroyer, and would buy time for the rest of every tbing else to get there. But there was no one important enough there for them to take the risk.
If someone important, maybe someone whose name rhymed with smillery schmitten, were are the embassy or the annex, they would have landed the destroyer on the damn beach.

I think you missed the point. You are making assumptions about things you know nothing about and stating it as fact. Also I hate to tell you this but a Sec of State in country would demand a higher security presence then standard embassy operating conditions. It is just the way things works. When VIPs are around so is more security. You really really need to stop parroting propaganda.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

WTF?!

...we kinda can.
en.m.wikipedia.org...
en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The nearest carrier to Benghazi at the time was 160+ hours away... So while we can move assets to places, we dont have them everywhere at any given time.

Thats poor planning though, leaving such a blind spot in coverage to such a hot area. Imagine what would have happened if one of those amphibious assault ships had been in the Mediterranean.
And the point about the aircraft carriers and amphibious assault ships is to say that we CAN ACTUALLY be everywhere we need to be if it was planned right. A tiny floating airport means that air support can be an hour away from anywhere we anticipate a problem, if we use it right
edit on 26-5-2018 by Whoisjohngalt because: Clarity

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

WTF?!

...we kinda can.
en.m.wikipedia.org...
en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

www.judicialwatch.org...

I think you missed the point. You are making assumptions about things you know nothing about and stating it as fact. Also I hate to tell you this but a Sec of State in country would demand a higher security presence then standard embassy operating conditions. It is just the way things works. When VIPs are around so is more security. You really really need to stop parroting propaganda.

No i think i got the point perfectly. Thats why you didnt refute and resorted to "you know nothing about this" when everything i said has been perfectly plausible and doable, the government under obama just said "eh, screw em. I dont want to take more risks" and you want to defend that.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Trump wins again.

Turns out Obama was the JV leaguer in over his head, didn't know how to lead a winning team.

I fail to see how Trump has anything to do with well trained JSOC being able to defend themselves. And also I believe this story slightly is an over exaggeration what exactly happened.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I’m sure the 30 US troops weren’t even necessary, just 3 would have done it or if Rambo was amongst them just him alone. Why did they even use air support?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join