It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How That Massive Battle Between US Troops And Russian Mercenaries In Syria Went Down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Wow, finally we have some insight into some of the fighting in Syria. In this battle, 30 US soldiers were surrounded by Russian mercs and Syrian Govt. forces. Appears the Russians were told to back off and warning shots were fired. Instead, they attacked and needless to say, major @ss-whipping occurred.

www.nytimes.com...

taskandpurpose.com...

The American forces: The U.S. military contingent consisted of 30 soldiers culled from the 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta and 75th Ranger Regiment deployed under Joint Special Operations Command in an advise-and-assist role to help out Kurdish forces near a crucial Conoco gas plant.

Over the course of the day on February 7, that contingent of 30 Delta Force and Ranger soldiers was gradually encircled by more than 500 pro-regime fighters and 27 vehicles ranging from a trio of Russian-made T-72 main battle tanks to armored personnel.

Sh*t hits the fan: Around 10pm on February 7th, the joint Russian and Syrian force began bombarding the Conoco outpost with artillery and mortar rounds as the U.S. service members returned fire with Javelin anti-tank missiles.

Air support arrives … “American warplanes arrived in waves

the Russia force consisted mostly of mercenaries hired by Vladimir Putin’s preferred private military contractor The Wagner Group

The mercenaries gave up and retreated around 2:30 AM after four hours of fighting. Zero American troops were harmed, and somewhere around 300 Syrian and Russia forces were killed.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Wow, that's one hell of a kill/death ratio.

+13 more 
posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Thank God Air Support didn't have to wait for permission from the State Department to provide back up? Sure as hell refreshing to know we have a President that allows our troops to kick ass and take names later?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

edit on 25-5-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2018 by DrumsRfun because: nvm

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It was a mix of Delta Force and Rangers.
Dangerous mix . For the enemy.
I bet the numbers of the opposing force was too low , so they waited around for a while for more to show...
Be my guess.

Could there have been any other outcome in that case ?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Thank God Air Support didn't have to wait for permission from the State Department to provide back up? Sure as hell refreshing to know we have a President that allows our troops to kick ass and take names later?

Or worse yet, from Susan Rice or Valerie Jarrett.

😑✍

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

edit on 5/25/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
Air support arrives … : Those Marine and Green Berets weren’t the only ones watching: military officials at the Combined Air Operations Center at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar had observed the build-up as well and quickly deployed air support after the fighting started. “American warplanes arrived in waves, including Reaper drones, F-22 stealth fighter jets, F-15E Strike Fighters, B-52 bombers, AC-130 gunships and AH-64 Apache helicopters,” the New York Times reports. “For the next three hours, American officials said, scores of strikes pummeled enemy troops, tanks and other vehicles. Marine rocket artillery was fired from the ground.” that explains the bad ass k/d ratio☠ Moderators, please forgive my ignorance of posting content from the article incorrectly, for i am a noob and haven't yet figured out the proper way.
edit on 08/022017 by MantheDevilsApe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Kind of makes you wonder how supposedly Russia is running our country if they have so many dead after this incident.

No question in my mind they were using dirty tricks recently, as us and them have been since the forties.

But I've know about this story since it has happened, and I have talked with someone in the intelligence community. Our aim on them is trivial compared to Iran and North Korea.

I think this engagement shows that, the hottest a "ended cold war" has gotten IMO.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
You fools! THIS PROVES COLLUSION!! *waves arms wildly in the air*

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Mess with the bull ya get the horns.

+3 more 
posted on May, 26 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The Russian threat has been blown wildly out of proportion... all in the name of providing Hilary a scapegoat. The Russians don't want to tangle with us, any more than we want to tangle with them. Millions would die, and holidays would be ruined forever.

Now, I realize that we have Russian members on ATS... so I pose this question to them...

"Should we nuke each other, or trade recipes and drink beer?"

I vote for the second option....

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Vodka- not beer, for our friends in Russia.
I'm seriously surprised We went toe to toe with Russian ops. I thought we were on the same team to take out opposition.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I'm seriously surprised We went toe to toe with Russian ops. I thought we were on the same team to take out opposition.

It was a probe, done by russia to see how far we would go. Thats why it was mercs, so putin doesnt have to explain dead russian soldiers.
As for being on the same team, no. It takes a chart to explain the "teams" in syria.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

It was a probe, done by russia to see how far we would go. Thats why it was mercs, so putin doesnt have to explain dead russian soldiers.
As for being on the same team, no. It takes a chart to explain the "teams" in syria.

I am willing to bet that most Russians are as done with bloodshed, as most Americans are.

Our governments may behave like preschoolers... it doesn't mean that the rest of us have to...

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Of course we had air and ground support in Syria an active combat zone, something we didnt have in Libya which wasnt an active combat zone at the time of the attack. Do you even know where Benghazi is and how far support was from it? You should sit down with google maps and the answer should smack you in the face really quickly.

+3 more 
posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Of course we had air and ground support in Syria an active combat zone, something we didnt have in Libya which wasnt an active combat zone at the time of the attack. Do you even know where Benghazi is and how far support was from it? You should sit down with google maps and the answer should smack you in the face really quickly.

Yeah great f'n planning by the obama admin.

WTF?!

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Oh the military loves President Trump. He lets them do what they do better than anyone else.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

WTF?!

I am sorry but, what? We cant have US military in every corner of the world at any given moment. Especially because diplomatic missions happen all over the world all the time even in less then friendly countries.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

WTF?!

I am sorry but, what? We cant have US military in every corner of the world at any given moment. Especially because diplomatic missions happen all over the world all the time even in less then friendly countries.

Yeah coz libya was such a friendly country.

Get the local MS-13 for security, right?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join