It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WSJ: Lewandowski Getting Paid by T-Mobile for Merger Lobbying Work

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The DC swamp is just as swampy as ever and possibly more so. Here we see that a person who has maintained close proximity to the administration is apparently getting paid as part of the lobbying effort to get T-Mobile's acquisition of Sprint approved.

T-Mobile Says It Hired Lobbying Firm Tied to Former Trump Aide Corey Lewandowski

WASHINGTON— T-Mobile US Inc. TMUS -0.68%▲ is getting advice from Corey Lewandowski, the former campaign manager for President Donald Trump, as part of a lobbying effort to help the telecommunications company secure federal approval for its proposed takeover of Sprint Corp. S -0.19%▲

T-Mobile said late Thursday in a statement it hired Turnberry Solutions in August. “Corey Lewandowski is now affiliated with that firm and they have offered perspective to T-Mobile on a variety of topics, including the pending transaction,” the company said.

According to documents reviewed by The Wall Street Journal and people familiar with his involvement, Mr. Lewandowski receives a cut of the fees paid to the lobbying firm on the T-Mobile contract. The precise nature of his work with Turnberry Solutions and how long he has worked with the firm are unclear. Mr. Lewandowski shares Capitol Hill office space with the small lobbying firm, founded last year by two of his close associates.

T-Mobile has paid Turnberry Solutions $100,000 so far, the firm’s lobbying reports show. Mr. Lewandowski is included in numerous emails about Turnberry Solutions’ work for T-Mobile, according to the documents reviewed by the Journal.

The Journal reviewed the scope-of-work outline that Turnberry Solutions provided to T-Mobile in July, before the company’s merger plans were announced. It promises the firm would help T-Mobile have “an open and active dialogue with key members of the administration both within the White House and in various Agencies.”

It adds: “Specifically, we will execute meetings with important Administration officials to work towards building an active dialogue that will serve as a precursor to any moves that T-Mobile does in the telecom business community.”

Lewandowski has previously denied having any relationship with Turnberry, a company founded by his friends, one of whom describes him as a friend of 20 years, a company with which he shares office space.

Turnberry on the other hand says that he provides "strategic advise" but isn't compensated in any way. However, that doesn't appear to the be the case at all based on documents obtained by WSJ and sources familiar with the deal (surprising, I know).

Although Lewandowski isn't registered to lobby, the firm is. If the scope of his work for the firm is simply advising them, he wouldn't need to register but it doesn't look great if he has been in fact lying about it. Over all, this sort of personal enrichment isn't particularly savory if unfortunately not uncommon.

Despite being replaced by Manafort before the convention (and immediately signing a contract with CNN to be a paid Trump surrogate on the network), Lewandowski has maintained ties to the admin. One such tie is mentioned in the article:

Mr. Lewandowski continues to maintain ties with the Trump administration. Earlier this month Vice President Mike Pence named Mr. Lewandowski a senior adviser to his leadership political-action committee.

Marty Obst, executive director of the leadership PAC, said Mr. Lewandowski has been “nothing but professional” in his interactions with Mr. Pence. “To the best of my knowledge, he has never mentioned any clients in front of the vice president and the vice president’s team,” he said.

Sure. Seems legit Marty. Because honesty is a big thing in the swamp.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
just curious, is this kind of lobbying a new thing or is it only with the Trump campaign?

also,

Mr. Lewandowski receives a cut of the fees paid to the lobbying firm on the T-Mobile contract. The precise nature of his work with Turnberry Solutions and how long he has worked with the firm are unclear.

BIG DEAL!!

Is the law being broken?

Also who else is doing this?

www.reuters.com...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. Senate committee plans to hold a hearing on June 27 on the proposed $26.5 billion merger of U.S. wireless carriers T-Mobile US (TMUS.O) and Sprint Corp (S.N).

so what's Trump got to do with this???

probably nothing, NOTHING BURGER

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Open Secrets

So while you are trying to get easily hypnotized low IQ people to focus on Trump who has only been in politics for 2 years let me fill everyone else in who chooses to read this thread on who is actually getting the money from T-Mobile.

National Republican Congressional Cmte $35,000
National Republican Senatorial Cmte $30,000
Democratic Congressional Campaign Cmte $30,000
Democratic Senatorial Campaign Cmte $30,000
New Democrat Coalition $10,000
Moving America Forward $10,000

Funding both sides of the aisle are we T-Mobile?

Contributions to federal candidates $402,000
Contributions to committees $221,000
Contributions to national parties $125,000
Contributions to state & local candidates $500
Fundraising Fundraising events $10,500

Barr, Andy (R-KY) $1,000
Barragan, Nanette (D-CA) $2,000
Beutler, Jaime Herrera (R-WA) $3,000
Bilirakis, Gus (R-FL) $1,000
Boyle, Brendan (D-PA) $500
Brady, Kevin (R-TX) $4,500
Brown, Anthony (D-MD) $500
Butterfield, G K (D-NC) $1,000
Carbajal, Salud (D-CA) $1,000
Cardenas, Tony (D-CA) $1,000
Carter, Buddy (R-GA) $1,000
Castro, Joaquin (D-TX) $3,000
Cheney, Liz (R-WY) $1,000
Cicilline, David (D-RI) $1,000
Clarke, Yvette D (D-NY) $5,000
Cleaver, Emanuel (D-MO) $1,000
Cohen, Steve (D-TN) $1,000
Comstock, Barbara (R-VA) $2,000
Conyers, John Jr (D-MI) $5,000
Correa, Lou (D-CA) $1,000
Costello, Ryan (R-PA) $5,000
Crowley, Joseph (D-NY) $4,000
Curbelo, Carlos (R-FL) $5,000
DelBene, Suzan (D-WA) $9,500
Desaulnier, Mark (D-CA) $1,000
Doyle, Mike (D-PA) $10,000
Duncan, Jeff (R-SC) $1,000
Eshoo, Anna (D-CA) $3,000

FOREIGN PARENT COMPANY: Deutsche Telekom AG
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Germany
Official PAC Name:
T-MOBILE USA, INC. POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE (T-PAC)
Industry: Telecom Services; Cell/wireless service providers
Treasurer: RUSSO, ANTHONY M.
FEC Committee ID: C00361758
(Look up actual documents filed at the FEC)

Anyway, anyone seeking objective truth please check out this info.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

What is objectively false about the OP? Things don't become "untrue" because they're uncomfortable for you.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

WSJ: Lewandowski Getting Paid by T-Mobile for Merger Lobbying Work

Title.

Mr. Lewandowski receives a cut of the fees paid to the lobbying firm on the T-Mobile contract. The precise nature of his work with Turnberry Solutions and how long he has worked with the firm are unclear.

In article. I highlight the important part for you.

Care to make this work?
edit on 25-5-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Everyone connected to Trump is dirty- he's turning the swamp into a sewer and radically transforming America in a third world corruption cesspool. I don't know how people can support him and claim they care about the country.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Everyone connected to Trump is dirty- he's turning the swamp into a sewer and radically transforming America in a third world corruption cesspool. I don't know how people can support him and claim they care about the country.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Looks like Open Secrets has actual numbers donated to Senator's and other members of congress.

How do you feel about that?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

He is getting paid by T-Mobile for merger lobbying work if he's getting a cut of a lobbying contract for lobbying related to the T-Mobile/Sprint merger.

That's it? That's what you could come up with? Typical. You're more interested in making spurious claims about me based on your feelings about the title than the fact that Corey Lewandowski flat lied about it.

But that's kinda par for the course when it comes to the standards of Trump supporters. Isn't it? Everyone's a liar, it's all fake news blah blah blah. Until you encounter actual fake news that you like and then you're all-in on it:

originally posted by: toysforadults
BRING IT!

sick of these total losers trying to ruin our country, successfully I might add

Also, authoritarian, anti-American, anti-Constitution, anti-liberty, etc etc.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

It looks like their donations to nearly 30 politicians' campaigns don't add up to what's been paid so far to Lewandowski and his friends.

And that's peanuts compared to what Cohen and others have been raking in.

The real question is how do you, a member of the group that's been chanting "drain the swamp" for two years feel about the fact that by your estimation, it's business as usual.

Why aren't YOU the one authoring threads about how the swamp isn't getting drained at all?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The precise nature of his work with Turnberry Solutions and how long he has worked with the firm are unclear.

this is from your source

apparently you can't read this ^^^^^

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Uh, that was your hero. Stop trying to rewrite history.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Open Secrets

So while you are trying to get easily hypnotized low IQ people to focus on Trump who has only been in politics for 2 years let me fill everyone else in who chooses to read this thread on who is actually getting the money from T-Mobile.

National Republican Congressional Cmte $35,000
National Republican Senatorial Cmte $30,000
Democratic Congressional Campaign Cmte $30,000
Democratic Senatorial Campaign Cmte $30,000
New Democrat Coalition $10,000
Moving America Forward $10,000

Funding both sides of the aisle are we T-Mobile?

Contributions to federal candidates $402,000
Contributions to committees $221,000
Contributions to national parties $125,000
Contributions to state & local candidates $500
Fundraising Fundraising events $10,500

Barr, Andy (R-KY) $1,000
Barragan, Nanette (D-CA) $2,000
Beutler, Jaime Herrera (R-WA) $3,000
Bilirakis, Gus (R-FL) $1,000
Boyle, Brendan (D-PA) $500
Brady, Kevin (R-TX) $4,500
Brown, Anthony (D-MD) $500
Butterfield, G K (D-NC) $1,000
Carbajal, Salud (D-CA) $1,000
Cardenas, Tony (D-CA) $1,000
Carter, Buddy (R-GA) $1,000
Castro, Joaquin (D-TX) $3,000
Cheney, Liz (R-WY) $1,000
Cicilline, David (D-RI) $1,000
Clarke, Yvette D (D-NY) $5,000
Cleaver, Emanuel (D-MO) $1,000
Cohen, Steve (D-TN) $1,000
Comstock, Barbara (R-VA) $2,000
Conyers, John Jr (D-MI) $5,000
Correa, Lou (D-CA) $1,000
Costello, Ryan (R-PA) $5,000
Crowley, Joseph (D-NY) $4,000
Curbelo, Carlos (R-FL) $5,000
DelBene, Suzan (D-WA) $9,500
Desaulnier, Mark (D-CA) $1,000
Doyle, Mike (D-PA) $10,000
Duncan, Jeff (R-SC) $1,000
Eshoo, Anna (D-CA) $3,000

FOREIGN PARENT COMPANY: Deutsche Telekom AG
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Germany
Official PAC Name:
T-MOBILE USA, INC. POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE (T-PAC)
Industry: Telecom Services; Cell/wireless service providers
Treasurer: RUSSO, ANTHONY M.
FEC Committee ID: C00361758
(Look up actual documents filed at the FEC)

And this just means a company will play both sides. Like any company that likes to make money. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it is legal as far as contributions go.

The OP is in essence about pay to play. Not straw men.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: IcanXplain

there is no pay to play didn't you read all of my responses, especially the first one? then the next time I had to reiterate the same exact thing again?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

He is getting paid by T-Mobile for merger lobbying work if he's getting a cut of a lobbying contract for lobbying related to the T-Mobile/Sprint merger.

Where does it show that?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

a reply to: IcanXplain

there is no pay to play didn't you read all of my responses, especially the first one? then the next time I had to reiterate the same exact thing again?

Sorry. I was just responding to what i quoted. I will always quote what i respond to. Less chance i can be quoted out of context.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

it doesn't they are trying to peddle anti-Trump propaganda

it's so obvious....

there's no truth seeking intention here... this is about an agenda

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It is pretty much routine for former politicians or insiders to move into lobbying.
It has been this way for a long, long time.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
It is pretty much routine for former politicians or insiders to move into lobbying.
It has been this way for a long, long time.

Sure it has. But current events make for some interesting conversation.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

T-Mobile Says It Hired Lobbying Firm Tied to Former Trump Aide Corey Lewandowski

Looks like you missed some verbiage there , pardner
former
and

works for Turnberry

Just pointing those out for you

top topics

<<   2 >>

join