It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush Looks to Diplomacy for Answers to Iran Nuclear Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
U.S. President George W. Bush told European journalists that he hopes European diplomatic efforts to curb Iran's nuclear ambitions will be successful, indicating that the U.S. does not intend to use military force at this time. The statement comes before his scheduled trip to Europe to "mend fences" following disagreements between the U.S. and many Western European countries over how to handle the Iraq situation. However, the President refused to take the option of U.S. military actions off the table.

abcnews.go.com
WASHINGTON Feb 18, 2005 — President Bush said Friday the United States does not intend to attack Iran to crush its suspected nuclear weapons project but added that "you never want a president to say never." He expressed hopes that a European diplomatic initiative would persuade Tehran to abandon any such program.

In interviews with European journalists at the White House, Bush was asked about an opinion poll showing that 70 percent of Germans believe the United States is planning military action against Iran.

"I hear all these rumors about military attacks, and it's just not the truth," said Bush, who leaves Sunday for Europe to mend fences with allies. "We want diplomacy to work."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Bush seems to be making more and more peace overtures to Europeans in hopes of restrengthening our transatlantic ties. Obviously successful diplomacy is the best option in any situation; however, I feel it will not be successful with the current radical Islamic government of Iran. In my opinion, any attempt by Iran to develop nuclear weapons must be thwarted at any cost regardless of any European objections.

[edit on 2/18/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Well I just hope this doesn't turn out the same way the military flights over Iranian airspace did. At first rumors denied, and then weeks later rumors confirmed. In the meantime, Iran was screaming about it all along, falling on the deaf ears of neocons.

"Oh no, we are not intending to use military force against Iran at this time." Uh huh. Yep. Whatever you say. I am not persuaded so quickly any more. As some here at ATS have put it before, I think at this point I believe the exact opposite of what the administration conveys when it comes to their military intentions and the reasons for them.

And to anyone that would say "well, they are trying to do this diplomatically, so now they are 'damned if they do, damned if they don't, according to you," I've already got a response:
How bout the truth in the first place? Maybe then I could actually believe the news. Imagine that.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I dont believe for a second that they are not planning the invasion as we speak. They may very well be trying the diplomatic route first but as soon as that looks to be failing they will attack.

Announcing that they are trying for a diplomatic solution is Bush trying to present a softer side of his Administration. I dont think anyone but Fox News viewers will buy it though.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
U.S. President George W. Bush told European journalists that he hopes European diplomatic efforts to curb Iran's nuclear ambitions will be successful,

Bush is not "looking to diplomacy" - he's avoiding responsibility and setting someone else up to take the blame when the poop hits the fan - as per usual.

Obviously successful diplomacy is the best option in any situation;

So NWO-puppet Bush is making dood and gd sure that European diplomacy is NOT successful.

however, I feel it will not be successful with the current radical Islamic government of Iran.

Right. We already know the agenda and recognize the propaganda.

FYI - Me and the rest of the world are way more worried about the "current radical NWO-backed government in the USA."

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
click here to watch it

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The man wouldnt know what diplomacy meant if it bit him in the ars.

top topics

join