It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran imprisons Christian pastor !Convicted of not declaring conversion from Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Seems to me I have not heard of any Christians doing this sort of thing since the Spaniards in the new world.

Isn't Islam such a peaceful religion! Either convert or o to jail or maybe even death......wow what love and freedom.

But China is no different in this regard but Christians are not being persecuted today in the US, just everywhere else I guess.

Iran imprisons Christian pastor Convicted of not declaring conversion from Islam

A U.S. human-rights group is protesting Iran's imprisonment of an Iranian pastor and former army colonel convicted of not declaring his conversion from Islam to Christianity before he was promoted to the rank of officer.

A Tehran military court sentenced Hamid Pourmand, 47, to three years in jail Thursday, the maximum penalty, according to a report from the U.S.-based Christian news service Compass Direct.

The Center for Religious Freedom at Freedom House in Washington has called on the Iranian government to immediately release him.

"This is a shocking travesty of justice, even by Iran's meager standards," said the center's director, Nina Shea. "Hamid Pourmand is serving hard prison time for peacefully exercising his right to free conscience under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights."

SOURCE

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Brother, you know that waterford crystal of my better half's. That was given to by a Persian Christian. Remember, she was the one whose husband was shot in the head in Jackson, TN for being an Arab. The two black guys did not even rob the restaurant. I thought she would go back after that. It broke my heart to see her little fatherless boy every Sunday in church.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Ah dear brother and I work with an Assyrian Christian that came to the United States because of the persecution in her native land.

I admire these people because some of their family still stayed behind....can you imagine the hardships they must endure?

join