It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Shooting Indiana Middle School One Dead So Far

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I'm convinced these shooters are sleeper cells.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
STOP #ING GLORIFYING MASS SHOOTERS LIKE THEY'RE ROCKSTARS!

What does it take?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It's cultural...look at our heroes, violent men, winning is everything and losing will not be tolerated.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Glorify violence and we get more of it?

Say it ain't so!

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I think it has to do with meds 100% . No one was mentally ill before everyone got on meds

Pretty stupid statement

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

What does it take?

Censorship....

link   

I think it has to do with meds 100% . No one was mentally ill before everyone got on meds

Pretty stupid statement

link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: luthier

why aren't real discussions happening? They all start and end with "gunz".

If a few of us here from different political affiliations can agree this problem is much, much bigger than just guns, you would think the super smart folks we voted into office can try to do the same?

This I actually agree with. However I assume our perspective of the bigger problem differs.

lets find out, what do you see as the root causes?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

People grasp on to anything for an excuse.

Guns. Media. Hollywood. Video games. Religion.

Murder pre-dates all of them.

Enjoy the show.

so the level of school shootings has remained constant over the years? Kids are the same as they have always been?

I have no idea. I do find it interesting that we are both in the "guns aren't the problem" crowd, yet you are squaring off with me as an opponent. I can't imagine why.

Enioy your blessed Country. I'm off to go outside, where I can go safely.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

What does it take?

Censorship....

Yes. When the news is reported, never ever mention the shooters name, take away his glory.
that would be easy and fast.

link   

Or maybe just a little responsibility.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

a reply to: luthier

why aren't real discussions happening? They all start and end with "gunz".

If a few of us here from different political affiliations can agree this problem is much, much bigger than just guns, you would think the super smart folks we voted into office can try to do the same?

This I actually agree with. However I assume our perspective of the bigger problem differs.

lets find out, what do you see as the root causes?

Americans.

Bye now.
edit on 25-5-2018 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

People grasp on to anything for an excuse.

Guns. Media. Hollywood. Video games. Religion.

Murder pre-dates all of them.

Enjoy the show.

so the level of school shootings has remained constant over the years? Kids are the same as they have always been?

I have no idea. I do find it interesting that we are both in the "guns aren't the problem" crowd, yet you are squaring off with me as an opponent. I can't imagine why.

Enioy your blessed Country. I'm off to go outside, where I can go safely.

Jesus, are you this paranoid in real life?

I'm looking for a discussion, not a fight. Perhaps your departure is best.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: kurthall

Why are there no metal detectors in schools yet???? Not one school with a metal detector has had a school shooting!!!! How many more have to die? If I were a parent with a kid in school, I would not send them until, security measures were in place. I would sign my kid up on line for school!

# costs money; school boards can’t be bothered to cut bloat to even pay teachers, nobody wants their taxes raised and you want metal detectors and people to staff them?
Monetary waste on unnecessary administrative positions and programs have been a huge problem in the school system for a long time, and will continue to complicate any attempt at improving the system.

Teachers bloated pay? That is a good one. Now unions are problem but teachers are not exactly highly paid.
Who said teachers? I said administrators.
If you’re not going to read my posts, don’t bother replying to them.

Well luckily I can reply to whatever I want since you are not in charge here but I do apologize.

However how do inner city schools afford this with even greater problems of finance?

Higher taxes, cuts to programs mostly, and the fact that inner city schools make up a minority of the school system in this country, some of which can’t btw, many city boards of education bleed money. You’re not affording anything if you’re constantly over budget.
There are severely underfunded schools outside the inner cities, how will they pay for these? Retrofitting every school on America with metal detectors will sport a price tag nobody will be willing to pay if that day come.

This can come from dept of education. It can be a federal program of assistance.

And it's not a huge retrofit they are free standing objects. The protocol for what is allowed to be brought to school would change as would entry protocols once students are in.

For instance the local police could help in the morning and leave once the masses are in and leave the standard sro.

Luckily I live in place where people actually don't mind paying taxes for schools.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

It's cultural...look at our heroes, violent men, winning is everything and losing will not be tolerated.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

Flash gordon
Audie Murphy
John Wayne

They were idolized in 40s 50s 60s and we didn't have a bunch of schools shot up so it's has to be more than that.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

What does it take?

Censorship....

Yes. When the news is reported, never ever mention the shooters name, take away his glory.

A kid that's bullied doesn't give a sh!t about glory...he wants revenge and he knows how to get it. He wants people to share his pain.
edit on 25-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Proof that discipline and prayer in schools actually did work. School shootings were unheard of until the separation of church and state. Then the libs followed with removing discipline. Now, after years of practicing disobedience, these kids walk all over their teachers and believe they can do whatever they want in school without consequences.

Makes me proud that I have taken the approach of raising my kids with discipline and respect for others because they wouldn't dream of doing something this heinous and they know they can talk with me without bias.

Come at me if you must, but if you are one to fight me on it, obviously, you don't respect others enough to raise your kids right, or you don't have kids. So just keep your unjust comments to yourself and try to be part of the solution and not the problem.

Rant over

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I agree that bullying is likely a big part. I still have a hard time grasping how someone could kill innocent people and think that is OK. Where did empathy go?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

What does it take?

Censorship....

A kid that's bullied doesn't give a sh!t about glory...he wants revenge and he knows how to get it.

Bullying is not new. Lack od resiliency is more new. It's also been proven and studied in the workplace.

Your bully following you home in your pocket on social media is new. As are the widespread take a pill for it cukture we have now.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yeah, sure, it's media driven. So shooters use newspapers for bullets, shoot with automatic firing television sets and use social media to kill their victims. It's not that they have guns or so ..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join