It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Shooting Indiana Middle School One Dead So Far

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
a reply to: Edumakated

Any proof of that? I really don’t believe it’s that straightforward. I don’t even think there’s one single thing that can be pinpointed. The media will do and say exactly what is done and said in this thread.

No it is probably not a straight forward issue. Being alienated by society however is probably the number one factor.

To go on a suicidal school rampage, one must be completely dead inside and feel absolutely no hope for life and only rage and frustration.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth" - African Proverb

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: trollymctrollface

There are several studies on the media increasing shootings.

link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: trollymctrollface

originally posted by: kurthall

Wow just wow, AGAIN?
:

Yes Again and again and Again.

And it will keep happening in the USA as long as the issue remains politicized.

It is media driven. The incessant media coverage is driving people to do it for attention...

Yeah, that's probably it. Not kids being bullied until they snap and get daddys gun and seek revenge.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Wow just wow, AGAIN?
:

It is media driven. The incessant media coverage is driving people to do it for attention...

Yeah, that's probably it. Not kids being bullied until they snap and get daddys gun and seek revenge.

Kids weren't bullied before 1998?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

How do you guys still take your kids to school?

I know. The likelyhood of dying on the way to school far supercedes the likelyhood of being the victim of a school shooting. I don't know how the fear paralyzed parents of our nations manage to get behind the wheel.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyeddie68

No,until the real problem is addressed it'll keep happening,and (imho)the problem isn't guns.

Its the society glorification of violence mixed with contradiction of messages, your expected to be alpha aggressive male but when you are that is considered evil as your expected to be a passive effeminate wimp full of male guilt.

You have confused boys growing up not knowing there identity's.

Black kids tend to get sucked into gangs taking advantage of this.
Muslim kids are groomed by extremists.
And white kids join hate groups like Incels and end up as your weirdo lone shooter.
Yes,that's a big part.

I went to high school in the early to mid 80s.It was nothing to see rifles in the pick ups of students who hunted after school.No shootings.

A lot of things have gone wrong since then.I believe that some of the medication they have kids on today plays a part also.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Twenty-Four young people under age 17 are murdered with guns every week in America.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Wow just wow, AGAIN?
:

And apparently nobody was mentally ill before then either.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Why are there no metal detectors in schools yet???? Not one school with a metal detector has had a school shooting!!!! How many more have to die? If I were a parent with a kid in school, I would not send them until, security measures were in place. I would sign my kid up on line for school!

# costs money; school boards can’t be bothered to cut bloat to even pay teachers, nobody wants their taxes raised and you want metal detectors and people to staff them?
Monetary waste on unnecessary administrative positions and programs have been a huge problem in the school system for a long time, and will continue to complicate any attempt at improving the system.

link   

No,until the real problem is addressed it'll keep happening,and (imho)the problem isn't guns.

Its the society glorification of violence mixed with contradiction of messages, your expected to be alpha aggressive male but when you are that is considered evil as your expected to be a passive effeminate wimp full of male guilt.

You have confused boys growing up not knowing there identity's.

Black kids tend to get sucked into gangs taking advantage of this.
Muslim kids are groomed by extremists.
And white kids join hate groups like Incels and end up as your weirdo lone shooter.
Yes,that's a big part.

I went to high school in the early to mid 80s.It was nothing to see rifles in the pick ups of students who hunted after school.No shootings.

A lot of things have gone wrong since then.I believe that some of the medication they have kids on today plays a part also.

I think it has to do with meds 100% . No one was mentally ill before everyone got on meds

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I know. The likelyhood of dying on the way to school far supercedes the likelyhood of being the victim of a school shooting. I don't know how the fear paralyzed parents of our nations manage to get behind the wheel.

While the probability is certainly higher the cause or intent is not the same. If you knew maniacs hunting you down were the cause of accidents the response would be different.

For one hopefully they would want to solve the problem.

People in the suburbs just don't want their schools to have an entry protocol like inner cities. Even if it is deadly.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I don't know if this would be 'legal', but the fastest way to end this crap is Martial Law on all school properties, nation-wide.

Be it National Guardsmen or Federal troops 24/7 for all entering school property. Period.

DO IT!

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Wow just wow, AGAIN?
:

So you basically have also destroyed your own argument.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

While the probability is certainly higher the cause or intent is not the same. If you knew maniacs hunting you down were the cause of accidents the response would be different.

People in the suburbs just don't want their schools to have an entry protocol like inner cities. Even if it is deadly.

Bull Shi. People in the burbs want it now more than ever.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Wow just wow, AGAIN?
:

So you basically have also destroyed your own argument.

What is my argument?

link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Why are there no metal detectors in schools yet???? Not one school with a metal detector has had a school shooting!!!! How many more have to die? If I were a parent with a kid in school, I would not send them until, security measures were in place. I would sign my kid up on line for school!

# costs money; school boards can’t be bothered to cut bloat to even pay teachers, nobody wants their taxes raised and you want metal detectors and people to staff them?
Monetary waste on unnecessary administrative positions and programs have been a huge problem in the school system for a long time, and will continue to complicate any attempt at improving the system.

Teachers bloated pay? That is a good one. Now unions are problem but teachers are not exactly highly paid.

link   

originally posted by: network dude

It's almost daily now, huh?

www.newsobserver.com...

how do people still swim in the ocean?

www.mysanantonio.com...

Or fly on a plane?

When your country writes off school shooting a "normal" and compares them to accidents you seriously have something wrong.

There is no doubt there is something wrong. These shootings are a big problem and they are primarily a US problem. I firmly believe that until we can discuss the big picture on this and not just the myopic view of guns, this will continue. The problem has a whole lot of moving parts.

But to address my post, the chances of being shot at school are small, like winning the lottery small. So trying to scare people into not sending their kids to school is ignorant. Unless you can show me a few winning lottery tickets you are holding.

Parenting, mental health, SSRI's, glorified violence, hero worship with MSM LOVING the coverage of a tragedy, and kids with access to guns. I'd wager there are more issues than that, once we all start to talk about it. If we all start to talk about it.

link   

No I don’t.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Bs I was just at a meeting.
edit on 25-5-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join